Ashkan Dejagah and the Asian Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ashkan Dejagah and the Asian Cup

I would like to have a discussion on the mentioned player.

Realistically this might be his last major tournament and he could potentially retire and lay back with his various investments. How do you guys think CQ will use him among squad and tactics? Since he was not included in any of the WC games, do you see him as a starter or sub within context of Asian cup standards?

I have not been keeping up with Tracktors games, how has he been performing? How about stamina wise?

Lets discuss. With the Cup 20 days away I am pumped!!!

I would like to think he would be used as a sub. when needed. Based on his experience to either calm the game down when we are in the lead and want to keep the score or increase the game speed when we need to score etc.
    Based on what I have seen from CQ he is always in favor of youngsters and is not shy or afraid to let experienced players seat on the bench or even out of the roaster (i.e. Cheshmi instead J. Hosseini, or Taremi instead of Gucci, or years ago younger Beiranvand instead of Haghighi etc etc...)
    CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

I agree, I think he might come on if we are winning!

Comment

With few legionnaires under performing i believe he will get his chances, mainly as sub, or against weaker opponents in group and if he does well he will have bigger roles, specially with Ghoddos having a so so season.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
          With few legionnaires under performing i believe he will get his chances, mainly as sub, or against weaker opponents in group and if he does well he will have bigger roles, specially with Ghoddos having a so so season.
          I love the guys technique on the ball.....but for the most part Dejagah for TM has been a horrible shot lol.

I can see him start vs lower teams like Vietnam and Yemen, but for tougher opposition id opt for Saman.

Comment

Also aside from his debut against Qatar, he hasn't given me much of a memorable game. I really hope he and the rest of the team can put on a good performance.

Comment

Originally posted by arvin_guzoo View Post
              Also aside from his debut against Qatar, he hasn't given me much of a memorable game. I really hope he and the rest of the team can put on a good performance.
              his game vs Argentina!

Comment

Ashkan has been hit or miss for TM and mostly miss, just because he never plays due to injury. He has had several memorable moments such as Qatar TM debut and Argentina game, but outside of those, just solid. Gucci has delivered far more memorable moments than Ashkan. Either way, he is still one of the most skilled players on the team and when healthy, capable of being the best player

Comment

Dudes, before he went to Qatar and his injuries he was literally a head and shoulder above anybody else in TM.
                  Everytime TM played it looked like they had borrowed this player from another team that plays in a higher league (or two for that matter).

Comment

^^ Its because as mentioned on this form he has the basics of the sport down, ie very good sense of the game and knows when to let go of the ball. And he keeps his head up which alot of our guys weren't doing.
                    The way injuries are playing out i deff see Ashkan tearing apart lower opposition even with his slower pace. I can see Masoud and Ashkan sharing a position for those lower games and being swapped 60 min in.

Comment

I think Ashkan will start IF a few starting players are injured (God forbid). OR, he will come in as a sub to hold possession so we can keep our points and result.

Do you guys see what Masoud and Ashkan have done with Teraktor? No offense to Teraktor as they are still a good team without these guys, but man do these two players know their ball possession and how to frustrate their opponents. Ashkan and Masoud are the most comfortable holding the ball. Ashkan will definitely make the squad. He is a needed mohreh in our squad. His experience with Team Melli is one thing but his technical ability is needed regardless of his age and his stamina. He can easily play a full 20-25 minute game with full energy.

Some of you may think I’m making a God Out of him, but those who truly understand the game of football know what’s going on. Having a players like Ashkan in our domestic league has had a positive impact on our whole league. He is like eating aab nabaat and holding the ball with one arm tied behind his back vs our Iranian domestic players.

And what happens when players play with or against Ashkan? They get influenced and try to copy him, or work harder to play a better game. The general quality of League Bartar has increased a little bit this season and it’s due to 5 teams with good chemistry and good players battling it out for the League title. This will translate in February when the ACL starts.
                      Last edited by teammelli91; 12-22-2018, 02:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli91 View Post
                        I think Ashkan will start IF a few starting players are injured (God forbid). OR, he will come in as a sub to hold possession so we can keep our points and result.
                        Do you guys see what Masoud and Ashkan have done with Teraktor? No offense to Teraktor as they are still a good team without these guys, but man do these two players know their ball possession and how to frustrate their opponents. Ashkan and Masoud are the most comfortable holding the ball. Ashkan will definitely make the squad. He is a needed mohreh in our squad. His experience with Team Melli is one thing but his technical ability is needed regardless of his age and his stamina. He can easily play a full 20-25 minute game with full energy.
                        Some of you may think I’m making a God Out of him, but those who truly understand the game of football know what’s going on. Having a players like Ashkan in our domestic league has had a positive impact on our whole league. He is like eating aab nabaat and holding the ball with one arm tied behind his back vs our Iranian domestic players.
                        And what happens when players play with or against Ashkan? They get influenced and try to copy him, or work harder to play a better game. The general quality of League Bartar has increased a little bit this season and it’s due to 5 teams with good chemistry and good players battling it out for the League title. This will translate in February when the ACL starts.
                        yeah you have a point there
                        but anyway
                        can you translate aab nabaat & mohreh for me I don't understand persian that much

Comment

Originally posted by Galactika View Post
                          but anyway
                          can you translate aab nabaat & mohreh for me I don't understand persian that much
                          let me try 😊

mohreh - a key piece
                          aab nabaat - like a lolly pop

Comment

Originally posted by Galactika View Post
                            but anyway
                            Yeah sure!

“Mohreh” means a piece (think the board game “chess”).

“Aab nabaat” means hard candy (like a lollipop).

Comment

Originally posted by Omids View Post
                              let me try 😊

mohreh - a key piece
                              aab nabaat - like a lolly pop
                              Almost aziz!

A key piece would be: Yek mohreye kelidi

Aab nabaat means any kind of hard candy (jolly ranchers, lolipops and etc.).

Comment

Working...
                              X