Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys relax. I’ve seen this episode before. It’s a rerun.
    Do you wanna know how it ends?

***Spoiler Alert***

CQ walks into the IFF building with a flock of reporters and yellow journalists outside the building.

He then has a 4 hour meeting with Mr. Taj where they “supposedly” talk about his contract and the future of tm etc.

Then CQ exits the meeting room and says how he “had a great meeting with Mr. Taj”.

Then some hours later Mr. Taj comes and explains that CQ wants to stay but wants some assurances that the IFF will support his plans (whatever the fuck that means).

Then CQ will take the first flight out of Iran back home and returns in March to hold a two week camp and play friendlies against some 100+ FIFA rank teams.

***End of Episode***

p.s. The outcome of the Asian Cup will not have an effect on this scenario.
    You guys can now stop breathing in and out of the paper bag as your heart rates return to normal.

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
      What i understand from this is that IFF hasn't offered him a long contract (which we all know), they said they will decide after AC 2019. What i know is that money talks, and if we win AC 2019 then we get around $5 million . Pretty sure CQ won't say no to $7 million for 4 years. Thats only if we win the cup and the prize
      Unless Iran is eliminated in the next round or if IFF is hampered by severe financial limitations, not extending Queiroz' contract for another 4 years would be a catastrophic mistake. Queiroz, unlike many previous coaches who simply picked up the pieces and attempted to continue the path of the guy before them, has painstakingly embarked on foundational transformation of Iranian soccer. In my view, his mission is not over and he needs more time to reach his objective, in essence continue building Iranian soccer infrastructure, identify young athletes with potential, lure strong foreign-based players to be part of the national team and, equally important, lay the groundwork for promising young Iranian coaches to take the helm. With him in charge, we are more than likely to qualify for Qatar and advance to the knockout stage. Without him, we'd be looking at a lot of uncertainties-at least in the short term. At this juncture, not giving him a contract extension would cut him off prematurely and thus seriously undermine our team's future development.

Comment

Does anyone think that perhaps neither CQ nor the IFF have decided on what happens next and both are waiting for the Cup's results?

Comment

Originally posted by Iran Doost View Post
          Does anyone think that perhaps neither CQ nor the IFF have decided on what happens next and both are waiting for the Cup's results?
          Beginning to think so...
          Keep calm and believe in Fairies and Footballers Roxanaz

Comment

Originally posted by Iran Doost View Post
            clearly

Comment

Doostan

I know that we have seen this drama with CQ and IFF a couple times before in the past, but this time
              Is different, you don’t just meet with the head of a country ‘s football federation 3 times in Europe unless
              You and they are very serious about signing a contract.

Any way I hope I am wrong and just worrying too much.
              I hope that we would win the AC and CQ still stays in Iran for 4 more years.

I hope , I hope

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                clearly
                I sincerely hope you two are right, but I have a nagging feeling Queiroz has already made a tentative oral agreement with Colombia. Just ask yourself: Why hasn't he confirmed or denied the rumor? Why hasn't Colombia announced the selection of a new coach by now? After all, we're not that far away from Copa America. All signs seem to point to an official announcement after the Asian Cup by Queiroz that he's ready to embark on a new mission. Again, I don't wish for anything more than being proven wrong about this. But if the parties have reached a gentleman's agreement, even the Asian Cup trophy may not help us.

Comment

Irandoust jan

If that’s the case , why doesn’t CQ and Taj come out and deny these so called rumors ????
                  But they are so silent About this !!!!

Comment

He hasn't confirmed signing with Colombia because he doesn't want another Lopetegui situation... There's no way CQ will stay after the Asian cup, wether he wins it or not.

And the sole reason you see all these nane ghamar coaches like Branko making so much noise is because they wanna take his place when he leaves.

Comment

Brother

Mistermo

I agree and I also have a feeling that CQ won’t stay after the AC no matter win it or not but
                      It has nothing to do with likes of Branko , Ghalenoei or Mayeligohan.
                      CQ will eat those cock roaches for breakfast.

I believe that he feels a bit disrespected because IFF and VEZARATE VARZESH did not extent his
                      Contract for 4 more years and only 6 months , also I believe he has accomplished everything that he
                      Possibly could in Iran and has nothing else to prove.

Comment

Originally posted by mistermo View Post
                        He hasn't confirmed signing with Colombia because he doesn't want another Lopetegui situation... There's no way CQ will stay after the Asian cup, wether he wins it or not.

And the sole reason you see all these nane ghamar coaches like Branko making so much noise is because they wanna take his place when he leaves.
                        Precisely. That was my implicit view. He hasn't made his decision public because he doesn't want any distractions during the competition, particularly when moral is so high among his players. Furthermore, there seems to be a tacit agreement between him and IFF to part ways. I just hope there's still a chance for him to remain in charge of Iran. All of this is purely speculative but, clearly, we can't help trying to connect the dots.

Comment

That’s exactly right

I believe both a Taj and CQ know that he is leaving but they just don’t wanta mess up the
                          ROOHIYEH BACHEHAYE TM untilll the end of the AC.

Comment

Guys... it seems like they have lined up a replacement already!

http://www.persianfootball.com/news/...oaching-staff/

Comment

No way in hell

Taj will never bring Vingada as our head coach, impossible.

Comment

CQ is looking to complete his legacy at team melli by winning the Asian cup and leaving. Just look at the attention to detail in the preparation and coaching staff. Truly a great man who changed the culture of football in Iran over the past 8 years, all while being disrespected constantly by IFF, PGL coaches, & Iranian people. No other coach would put in this much effort to win a cup at the end of his reign as coach, as CQ is doing right now. He knows that he will leave after but is still giving it 100% to bring glory to TM. We were very lucky to have him these 8 years.

On another note I do believe that it's the right time for him to leave. The defensive style that we play against high ranked teams is getting a bit boring for fans. It would be nice to have a coach who is just a tad bit more focused on offense. Personally I'm ok with us losing in world cup games if show the fans a good game.

Comment

Working...
                                X