Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well said, Roxanaz80-and very poetically as well. I have a gut feeling that deep down Queiroz wants to continue coaching Iran. That's why he turned down Egypt (and I believe Saudi Arabia, too), and he may not be quite committed to leading Colombia, which would be real challenging, considering the level of competition, their high expectations and fans who may not be as loyal to him as those in Iran. Furthermore, should he extend his contract with Iran, I have no doubt he'll manage to take the team to the World Cup for the third time in a row and, for the first time ever, help Iran advance to the second round. With him gone, though, there will be no guarantee that we will even qualify, since settling on a solid new foreign coach could run into problems that we've encountered in the past. That could in turn lead to experimenting with different coaches, something that the federation has also done in the past, which could end up undermining our chances down the road. Furthermore, Queiroz is already settled in his role; he has great rapport with the players and the fans, and his relationship with the federation, while not ideal, is relatively stable. He also knows our opponents better than anyone else. Considering all that, unless finances are a major stumbling block, why wouldn't you want him to lead the team again? (But let us not forget that no decent coach would be willing to take the job unless he's paid well.)

All of that will undoubtedly depend on the team's performance in the Asian Cup, even though I believe an appearance in the semi finals warrants extending his contract until 2022.

By the way, I feel ignorant for asking, but how does one express "Thanks" on this site? I owe that to a lot of posters.

Comment

Originally posted by orbicular View Post
      Well said, Roxanaz80-and very poetically as well. I have a gut feeling that deep down Queiroz wants to continue coaching Iran. That's why he turned down Egypt (and I believe Saudi Arabia, too), and he may not be quite committed to leading Colombia, which would be real challenging, considering the level of competition, their high expectations and fans who may not be as loyal to him as those in Iran. Furthermore, should he extend his contract with Iran, I have no doubt he'll manage to take the team to the World Cup for the third time in a row and, for the first time ever, help Iran advance to the second round. With him gone, though, there will be no guarantee that we will even qualify, since settling on a solid new foreign coach could run into problems that we've encountered in the past. That could in turn lead to experimenting with different coaches, something that the federation has also done in the past, which could end up undermining our chances down the road. Furthermore, Queiroz is already settled in his role; he has great rapport with the players and the fans, and his relationship with the federation, while not ideal, is relatively stable. He also knows our opponents better than anyone else. Considering all that, unless finances are a major stumbling block, why wouldn't you want him to lead the team again? (But let us not forget that no decent coach would be willing to take the job unless he's paid well.)

All of that will undoubtedly depend on the team's performance in the Asian Cup, even though I believe an appearance in the semi finals warrants extending his contract until 2022.

By the way, I feel ignorant for asking, but how does one express "Thanks" on this site? I owe that to a lot of posters.

Orbicular jan, your eloquence keeps the fire burning on Pfdc...

I feel as if Iff and certain football fans are acting like Scarlett O'hara in Gone with the Wind. They take CQ/Rhett Butler for granted. He's the man of the situation, keep him.

It's at the bottom of each post, far left.
      Keep calm and believe in Fairies and Footballers Roxanaz

Comment

No doubt Carlos Queiroz's heart is with Team Melli and that is why he has not officially signed with Colombia. One of the best teams in the world, but he is hoping Taj and co. can make it happen for him after the Asian Cup - so he can stay.

Comment

Yes, unless IFF comes to its senses and extends Queiroz' contract, within a year or two what you have aptly visualized in your post will come to haunt us. At this juncture, there's no viable alternative to Queiroz, as our promising young coaches, such as Kia, Hashemian and Nekounam are not quite ready for the job, even though they should be there by 2023; and most of the Iran-based foreign coaches may not be good enough to carry on through the next four years. I'm not saying Queiroz is the only option, but letting him go will most likely lead to a long-term experimentation with 3 or 4 coaches, without any World Cup qualification guarantee. Many forget that he has brought creativity, passion and a sense of loyalty to the game, and, above everything else, he's been able to create stability, which was woefully lacking-something that 5 coaches in the span of 8 years struggled to generate-prior to his arrival.

Comment

is gona be a mix , if iran does well , CQ will stay, if not he might go colombia

Comment

colombia goh khordeh.

Ceyed Q mimooneh be koorie cheshme har ankeh natvan did!!
              Last edited by webmaster; 01-03-2019, 11:45 PM.
              __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
              We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

I think CQ would love nothing better than to retire with Iran/TM. He's taken the team so far already, and can only go farther and cement his name in Iranian football history ever more. Let's hope all goes TM's way in the Asian Cup, so IFF and the haters can have no excuse but to renew his contract without exceptions.

Comment

He doesn't fit the style of South American football.

Comment

An Iranian Coach for NT of Columbia!!., That would be the first......
                    If Reformer MP Kavakebian & associates have their way, CQ to be honored with Citizenship.

کواکبیان در بخشی از صحبت های خود اعلام کرد: با توجه به موفقیت های کارلوس کی روش، ما حتی پیشنهاد کردیم که شهروند افتخاری به ایشان اعطا شود و این اتفاق رخ دهد.

From the speech by a parliamentarian Kavakebian, during the ceremony of commemorating the top coaches today. His suggestion did not go unanswered by Mkohan sidekick Faryadshiran.

Comment

He won’t sign with Colombia if we make the final. Believe me, IFF will fight tooth and nail to keep Carlos.

Positive points since Carlos has been our head coach:

1) Persian Gulf League went from 18 teams down to 16 teams to increase the league’s competition.

2) Iranian players who want to play for Team Melli force themselves to work harder and transfer abroad to Europe. The positive atmosphere that Carlos has created makes every Iranian football player want to be a part of that family.

3) PEC facilities and training pitch was finished for our national teams.

4) We were undefeated for the longest time since god knows when.

5) Ranked #1 in Asia for 4 years

6) Defeated our rivals South Korea 4 times in a row.

7) Although in the last 8 years Team Melli has been known to defend/counter attack, we have KEPT CONSISTENT. We have also progressed with the addition of younger players who were implemented into the team since 2015.

The list goes on and on.

If Carlos takes our team to the final, IFF will do everything to keep him.

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                        great post and spot-on ..!
                        the spanish coach who dumped us after weeks of negotiations and speculation with IFF was javier Clemente..!

We are a far, Far more Promising and capable TM Now than we were 8 years back and definitely a more alluring and attractive job offer for other high caliber foreign coaches to consider..!! however i have little faith that IFF would be capable, nor willing to make a serious attempt at attracting a similarly high caliber replacement coach and even if they did and by some miracle managed to hire a respectable replacement coach, i can not fathom for the life of me that the possible replacement coach would ever commit to the job even half as wholeheartedly and personally as Carlos has so far for Iran and TM ...!!

as i've mentioned before Carlos's immense contributions to our football extends Far beyond the football pitch....! he has brought on a cultural revolution in our football..!

#FagahtCarlos
                        Thanks for stating the Spaniard's name. I just want to mention that, in the past, IFF had approached a number of high profile coaches and former greats, including the late Johan Cruyff and the legendary Diego Maradona, but their offer was turned down. It's not easy to lure a high caliber foreign coach to lead Iran, and the pool of domestic coaching talent is not up to the job yet.

Comment

No one else finds its strange this guy wants to stay with iran for an additional 4 more years? He's 65 been with us for almost a decade?
                          I don't know I find it hard to believe he doesn't want to go, or atleast retire..

I don't know if all this blame is gonna be on IFF if we lose him...
                          Original Ehsan of IK ISP and PFDC from 1999/2000!

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan_REAL1 View Post
                            No one else finds its strange this guy wants to stay with iran for an additional 4 more years?
                            Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan_REAL1 View Post
                              No one else finds its strange this guy wants to stay with iran for an additional 4 more years? He's 65 been with us for almost a decade?
                              I don't know I find it hard to believe he doesn't want to go, or atleast retire..

I don't know if all this blame is gonna be on IFF if we lose him...
                              CQ must like the quality of taryak he gets in Iran
                              He gotta change to coke if he is moving to Colombia, bad move!

Comment

How do we know for sure that he would like to stay. Has he actually said anything?
                                Keep calm and believe in Fairies and Footballers Roxanaz

Comment

Working...
                                X