This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Philosophy_King View Post
    With all the discussions that surrounding him and his interviews he has many enemies. If he dont deliver
    they will use his failure to doubt his influence and impact that he had.
    Yes, he raised the stakes or they raised they stakes for him.... either or, now the Oman game and a possible quarter final game have now found new meaning. In case we fail, I hope this doesn't return us to an era of stagnation, unfortunately I see that as a possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
      i dont agree, CQ legacy is he took us to 2 world cup and got us 4 point from group of death, however i firmly believe we will make the semi min, and if we meet japan, we will beat them also.we reach final regardless we have to extend his contact
      It wasn't a group of death. A group of death has no clear favorites. Our group had two clear favorites.
      I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

i believe CQ has cemented his "legacy" in iranian football for many years too come regardless of hims winning AC or not! After he leaves we will not get anyone at his level or higher!! to me he is what Ali Daei was as our main Striker for many years!! i took many years before we could find a replacement for Daei. And they are still not as deadly as Daei IMO. It will be the same. CQ has set the bar so high that who ever that comes, we will compare them to CQ.Trust me. Iranians have short term memory. As soon as Shah left, people started to compare the times under Shah. It will be the same. just watch
        IRI = FAILED

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
          It wasn't a group of death. A group of death has no clear favorites. Our group had two clear favorites.
          from our perspective it certainly was !!!

Comment

Originally posted by persian-eagle-13 View Post
            As soon as Shah left, people started to compare the times under Shah. It will be the same. just watch

I think we will have a "remember the Queiroz" era for 2 decades - when people nostalgically refer to the time when we played spirited and disciplined, european club-style football which made the world notice us.

I wonder if we ever will see this kind of TM - where the players die for on another on the pitch in the crunch games, again.

Comment

life will go on after CQ, Iran NT will still be there and we as fans still need to support the team no mather who is the coach.. CQ wount stay with us forever. Other NT in our level, top 32 teams in the world, change their coach left and right and still produce good results. Why cant we do this? Ofcourse i understand the main reason behind this. Its our country... We cant attract good coaches and neither can we our selfs produce good coaches. So i understand how people are affraid here that if CQ goes who will replace him. If someone comes who is in his level then fine, let him leave and lets get something new with a different mind. But i am also afraid that some low class coach will come and get some bad results. We have to be real, look at our economy, look at Irans status around the world.. All this makes it more difficult to attract good calibre coaches. So the best real option right now is to stick to CQ and just be happy as long as he gives us good results. And i dont buy this Colombia rumors... CQ is not the kind of coach that would fit their game. Only in Iran he gets so much credit, he knows this very well and thats why he stayed with us for 8 years. I dont think a country like Colombia would be ok with his scared deffencive tactics that he has being our coach, even if it has worked pretty well for us and Iraian people are proud of it dont mean a country like Colombia would would be happy with this.

Now to a side note. How can countries like Iraq, who are in a more mess than Iran, still attract good foreign coaches? If our country have all these problems with sanctions then how can a war thorn country like Iraq who dont even play their home games in their home country attract foreign coaches? Seams this "sanction" or "economy" problems Iran have is not the real reason we have such hard time finding some high calibre coach..

Comment

Another video clip from Queiroz's interview yesterday:

Comment

My oh my...... just imagine if we win the AC! The pressure inside Iran will make the sport ministry and IFF to have a very tough time letting CQ go. At the same time, if CQ truly wants to stay in Iran, he will give them an offer no nation on this earth has ever received from a football coach!

Comment

Originally posted by armen View Post
                    Another video clip from Queiroz's interview yesterday:

so there it is. The words came out of his own mouth! He's GONE after the AC !

Comment

Originally posted by scuderia View Post
                      He said it was the federation's decision. Well.... let's see what the federation's decision will be if we win the AC!

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                        He said it was the federation's decision. Well.... let's see what the federation's decision will be if we win the AC!
                        Yes, seems like it's reality now! I don't understand, the federation doesn't want to do good?

Comment

Well today he has said yes to the possibility of extension with Iran.

Comment

Yes, seems like it's reality now! I don't understand, the federation doesn't want to do good?
                            Well, he does have a big contract. He receives huge amount of money, in addition to living in a top class apartment with his personal car/driver. IMO, what ever he gets nooshe joonesh! He deserves it. But maybe for a sanctioned country with relatively little amount of money in football, they can not afford him anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                              Well, he does have a big contract. He receives huge amount of money, in addition to living in a top class apartment with his personal car/driver. IMO, what ever he gets nooshe joonesh! He deserves it. But maybe for a sanctioned country with relatively little amount of money in football, they can not afford him anymore.
                              with all the money they got from the WC and maybe the AC now. With all the money Iran has as a country. Maybe you're right, it just seems unlikely and what seems very likely is that the distribution of funds is not done properly!

Comment

with all the money they got from the WC and maybe the AC now. With all the money Iran has as a country. Maybe you're right, it just seems unlikely and what seems very likely is that the distribution of funds is not done properly!
                                Exactly! For all we know, the money from the WC may be in the pockets of some aghazades in Europe or in Canada. Taj has been supporting CQ since from the beginning but maybe now it's out of his hands.

Comment

Working...
                                X