Persepolis vs Al-Saad Semi Final 2nd Leg 10/23/2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Persepolis vs Al-Saad Semi Final 2nd Leg 10/23/2018

2nd leg of what is a very intense, but amazing match! Will Persepolis make history tomorrow?

Xavi and Gabi getting the full Iranian hospitality treatment!

Comment

Beiranvand and the rest of Perspolis are real characters! People discredit/insult Branko on this board (wrongly so!), but he was worked wonders with this team. I just don't understand it, so called fans are acting like Persepolis have been winning the leauge left, right, and center before Branko (in addition to back to back ACL Semis!) and their only comeback is going back 12 years ago to a match against Angola. He is a man with over 25+ years managerial experience (both European and Asian) with a strong educational background at the Faculty of Kinesiology, and of course people are still going to write him off from the comfort of their computer with their cheetos hands because they probably won a game or two of Football Manager, thus giving them the illusion they are more qualified than him.

I mean let's face it, we shouldn't have realistically made the Semis this year in comparison to last year with the weaker squad we have and the exclusion of key players! But correct tactics lead us to success, players miss open goals (most noticeably Mensah), like what can Branko do about that? People were approaching the 1st leg with a bad mentality of no let's just get the draw or lose by 1 or 2 goals, however, this was clearly not the weak mentality of the team as demonstrated so by Persepolis!

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post

Xavi and Gabi getting the full Iranian hospitality treatment!
        Though I don't see an oversized fruit bowl, large platter of pastries and cookies, or bowl of aajil (nuts). This must be the pre-hospitality treatment. If not, send them over to my parents' and they'll get the full treatment =)

Comment

Who's the guy showing the bilakh?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

What time is the game pacific USA time
            Tomorrow?

Comment

^8 AM Pacific

The referee for the match is Valentin Kovalenko from Uzbekistan. So I doubt we will be given a hard time...

Comment

Originally posted by persian_pooya View Post
                Who's the guy showing the bilakh?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                Natal.. He has close ties to bunch of Spanish clubs and teams. He was the reason Puyol, Figo came to Iran

Comment

So the game starts in 50 minutes?

Comment

Originally posted by Pedram123 View Post
                    So the game starts in 50 minutes?
                    Yes. Any links? ideally YouTube!?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

Comment

It seems like footballitarin has some links: http://footballitarin.com/pg/v_57984_0.html

Originally posted by FF187 View Post
                      Yes. Any links? ideally YouTube!?

Comment

lets hope PP doesnt choke...!! although its typical of us to get over-excited in such situations and do exactly that..!!
                        hoping for a 2-1 win for the reds but fear the reverse of such..!! :/

ps
                        my first look at Noorolahi to see if he is as good as hyped here..!?
                        orders for the day, keep calm heads and exercise good poise in possession, and avoid boneheaded fouls in or near our box..!
                        everything else is set up for a relative comfortable win otherwise..!

Comment

I try keep my hopes low but have faith in the team and the home advantage and the away win are just a once in a lifetime chance. Branko will have the team set-up for success!

Comment

I fully expect them to try and sit back/absorb pressure. I just hope that doesn't backfire though. If they can snag an early goal, it would likely seal the deal for this game

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X