• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
    im sure White killed them..!!?
    Whites did win.
    "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
      If Nourollahi shines in few friendlies, he may actually have a chance to start next to Ebrahimi.
      You don't think Ezatollahi will start?

Comment

Originally posted by greenguy4life View Post
        Line ups from what I saw

Whites:
        Beiranvand, Moharrami, Cheshmi, Hosseini, Mohammadi, Ezatolahi, Nourollahi, Torabi, Ghoddos, Amiri, Azmoun.

Blues:
        Abedzadeh, Ghafouri, Khanzadeh, Montazeri, Hajsafi/Sohrabian, Ebrahimi, Karimi/Shojaei, Jahanbakhsh, Dejagah, Taremi/Gholizadeh, Ansarifard.
        hmmm..I wonder what was the logic behind these selections. First I thought, Whites were the new starters until I saw Jahanbakhsh in blue. Then I thought Youngsters (white) against older (blue) players until I saw Amiri in white. Then I remembered Ciro/Branko's strategy to put the best offense against the best defense. but that didn't make sense either as Azmoun and Ghoddos would be in the wrong team. hmmm......interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
          But, for example in the world cup - having that Ezatollahi and Ebrahimi (only 2.5 years older than Ehsan) combo was a great balance in defensive midfield and then in front of them there are other players who are just more effective at playmaking than Ehsan is.
          It depends.... if TM is gonna go for an all defensive game against giants, then yes I agree with you. But if we are gonna go for a win against a semi-ok Asian team, then Haji Safi who is actually best used as an attacking player despite his utility as a defensive player, will give us the best result as a CM. He shows that every time he gets to go a bit more forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
            Whites did win.
            What was the score line !?

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
              What was the score line !?
              2-1 apparently. 2 for Azmoun 1 for Dejagah.

Comment

^2-1
                Ashkan Dejagah scored the opener with Azmoun responding by scoring a goal in each half. Ansarifard had a goal ruled offside too.

Comment

lol... Azmoun just keeps on scoring. I'd love to speak to his haters from a month ago !

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                    hmmm..I wonder what was the logic behind these selections. First I thought, Whites were the new starters until I saw Jahanbakhsh in blue. Then I thought Youngsters (white) against older (blue) players until I saw Amiri in white. Then I remembered Ciro/Branko's strategy to put the best offense against the best defense. but that didn't make sense either as Azmoun and Ghoddos would be in the wrong team. hmmm......interesting.
                    This does often happen when a team plays itself that you have a blend on each team so that the game remains competitive and you get a chance to see how players do in unexpected scenarios. The whites definitely look stronger than the blues though, especially the front three.

Comment

Hajsafi is a better midfielder than ebrahimi and nourollahi if we want to attack and dictate the flow of the game.
                      Please see game against Algeria for an example.
                      he is better in distribution and attack building than our other midfielders(centrally), but he lacks defensive skills and is poor in tackling and 1vs1 defending.
                      I wouldnt be surprised to see him start as a CM next to a deeper lying Ezatollahi.
                      AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
                        Seems Morteza Pouraliganji injured for two months ..,
                        Yallah Tafazolli Yallah!!!

Comment

Originally posted by scuderia View Post
                          lol... Azmoun just keeps on scoring. I'd love to speak to his haters from a month ago !

lol he scored a brace in a split squad scrimmage, but against morocco he couldn't capitalize on a fast break

he's scoring goals in the russian league while ghoddos is tearing up the french league. league 1 > russian league

its great that azmoun is back, but it gonna be hard to support an emotionally unstable drama queen. if he mans up this tournament and scores when it counts and not vs war torn yemen and vietnam but the likes of korea japan and australia then he'll get respect. BUT hopefully kaveh recovers quick, i think its fair for him to challenge azmoun for the no.1 striker position. the kid needs to learn that he can't just abandon his country and then come back with the starting job.
                          SHOW TIME!

Comment

Originally posted by Saam View Post
                            Lol, is that a joke? He's one of our best CMs and he's only 28 years old....he can put in a shift in 2022 as well.
                            no joke at all. although he is versatile i feel that MiMo is better at LB, Omid is more fit for DM and Amiri at LW

hajsafi hasn't really done anything for TM in recent games, maybe his free kick vs morocco but thats it. ghoddos probably would have scored from that angle lol

his age isn't a factor, we just have players that are ahead of him at the moment
                            SHOW TIME!

Comment

Originally posted by scuderia View Post
                              Let's wait until after the Asian Cup and see how he does there.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                                Let's wait until after the Asian Cup and see how he does there.
                                In the previous Asian Cups 5-6 goals would get you the golden shoe. In this edition with one extra game and more crappy teams, someone will score 9-10 goals.
                                I think Iran will score 8-10 goals in first round. In the knock out round if we get to final we have 4 games. I expect 3-4 goals in 1st ans 2nd game, 1-2 in the 3rd and 4th game.
                                In total we should score some where between 16-20 goals in 7 games.

If Azmoun starts all games, he should get 7-8 goals.
                                With his heading ability and proper service he should be able to score a hat trick in the first 2 games

Comment

Working...
                                X