X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any video of the goal?

Comment

Originally posted by PEJ View Post
      No way we are winning the Asian Cup without Sardar!
      Kaveh and Sardar both missed. Karim is a good third option (on the bench, that is all). Guys, also, keep in mind that these haven't played for their clubs yet because they signed late.

- Karim Ansarifard
      - Morteza Pouraliganji
      - Saeed Ezatolahi

They were a bit rusty except Saeed. Dude was MOTM - what a beast! And only 21 ...
      Last edited by Tehranto; 09-11-2018, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
        Kaveh and Sardar both missed. Karim is a good third option (on the bench, that is all).
        or on either wing. His hold up play is too weak at CF for international level/our style of play.

Comment

Originally posted by Saam View Post
          Any video of the goal?
          https://twitter.com/PersianFutbol

Comment

Amazing - our core weakness (before World Cup) was the central midfield position but in the past few months, it's become our core strength with Saeed Ezatolahi and Omid Ebrahimi bossing it. We also have a pretty good option in Ehsan Hajsafi on the bench to back them up.

They are not there yet - but feels good to be confident in the central midfield like we use to be with the duo of Nekonaum and Teymourian.

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
              Amazing - our core weakness (before World Cup) was the central midfield position but in the past few months, it's become our core strength with Saeed Ezatolahi and Omid Ebrahimi bossing it. We also have a pretty good option in Ehsan Hajsafi on the bench to back them up.

They are not there yet - but feels good to be confident in the central midfield like we use to be with the duo of Nekonaum and Teymourian.
              you didnt even mention amiri, who arguably could walk straight in and replace ebrahimi

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                Carlos Queiroz, the 1-0 doctor
                CQ the result-oriented master!

Comment

Ezatollahi is a future STAR ... consider how young he is.
                  His IQ on the field is so impressive and having Ebrahimi next to him is very key to this team.
                  His pass to Taremi was world class and if Taremi had scored, it would have been one of the best goals TM has scored since it was NOT from a set piece.

Solid win against a quality opponent. This Uzbekistan team is way better than their WC team.
                  Game should have ended 3-1 to us.

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
                    They actually zoomed in and showed some women in stadium earlier on today
                    Either Uzbekistan is real weak and clueless or TM is doing a darn good job containing them.
                    Abedzadeh’s timings on his exits on aerial balls make me nervous. Very faulty
                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Iran is the only country in the universe that doesn't allow women in the stadium and the only country in the universe to enforced hijab.

Comment

The good:
                      - We played more offensive than at any point this year
                      - Ebrahimi is still a tank. So is Ezzi
                      - Jahanbakhsh and Golizadeh is going to be a deadly combo, they just need more time
                      - Ashkan was decent
                      - Moharrami and Ghoddos will be good starters
                      - Stretched the field

The bad
                      - Azbedzadeh's exits and risky ball distribution
                      - Karim's positioning
                      - PAG's passes
                      - Ashkan's stamina
                      - CQ's Line-up. Even as an experiment, his line-up was questionable.

The Ugly
                      - Masoud. The fact that Ms.Frizzle keeps inviting him really annoys me. Bring him as an Assistant coach if it's about leadership.
                      - Vouria
                      - Taremi is not a good striker. He's slow, He can't finish.
                      Last edited by The; 09-11-2018, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Farhad21 View Post
                        Iran is the only country in the universe that doesn't allow women in the stadium and the only country in the universe to enforced hijab.
                        I think Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan, major parts of Iraq, and the Vatican cathedral will disagree with the last part of your statement.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                          I think Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan, major parts of Iraq, and the Vatican cathedral will disagree with the last part of your statement.
                          Saudi allows women in stadiums and Afghanistan now has beautiful pop stars performing half time shows in their football stadiums....so yes IR is managing to do the unthinkable and make us look the most backwards
                          Team Meli Iran
                          Perspolis FC
                          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Watched on and off between meetings and overall I think it was a valuable friendly (thank you Uzbek Federation). Second half performance was in general what I would like to see in AC plus clinical finishes (if Mehdi had taken his shot right after dribbling the goalie it would have been 2-0). In short, 2nd half was a fast-paced ball movement game with many young players who will be around for a while and will be the heart and soul of the team through AC and WC 2022 (Ezzatolahi, Majid Hosseini, Milad, Sadegh, Ghoddoos, Torabi, Gholizadeh and ARJ in the 1st half). Abedzadeh had a bunch of good saves but his exits on high serves were unreliable.

P.S. Khiabani should retire. His play-by-plays are too slow and lack adequate enthusiasm and he makes way too many mistakes about players identities (he kept calling Gholi Torabi and he didn't even apologize for his errors when he finally corrected himself) and this is a trend that started a while ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
                              They actually zoomed in and showed some women in stadium earlier on today

Either Uzbekistan is real weak and clueless or TM is doing a darn good job containing them.

Abedzadeh’s timings on his exits on aerial balls make me nervous. Very faulty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Keano jaan .. his father was the same, although a great goalkeeper/leader by any standard.

TM showed moments of brilliance for sure .. Uzbeks were clueless!

Comment

First Official Post!

Hi Friends,
                                First, I wanted to say this is my first official post in the forums after years of monitoring and reading everyone's comments / threads. Happy to finally contribute to this brilliant community!
                                Second, cheers to all those folks who watched the game at work
                                Last but definitely not least, my comments on the game.. I think at times the players showed some unnecessary frustration and lost focus (perhaps due to lack of games / playing time since the world cup) but at other times, we truly did see a different TM. What was noticeable and I'm not sure if everyone saw this too was the amount of passes we completed (anyone have that stat?). It's true that CQ always said we can't play like we do in front of Asian Teams in the WC against Spain but the difference was massive.. Honestly, for the first time in a few years, it was nice to see so much passing and game play. My only complaint was the repeated lost chances that the players created by taking the ball to the sides and just crossing it over, in hopes of a header to go in. They kept repeating that tactic and it didn't seem to work well for them after the 5th time.. Would love to hear everyone's thoughts!

Comment

Working...
                                X