This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr.Click View Post
    Note a to all our players, current and future, stay the heck out of England!
    for most players you'd be right....but come on, there is no league the suits Ezi more than premier league/championship! his only issue is his durability.....on the pitch this man is a tank
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
      for most players you'd be right....but come on, there is no league the suits Ezi more than premier league/championship! his only issue is his durability.....on the pitch this man is a tank
      I agree. He's really up there, physically. I think he can definitely succeed in England, and anywhere else because he also is good on the ball (Spanish league) and hard working (German league). He can really play anywhere and succeed, IF he stays healthy!

Comment

Statistical analysis article:

https://thetilehurstend.sbnation.com...-season-royals

The graph suggests that our displays didn’t change a huge amount overall under Paul Clement until around 13 matches into the season - the 3-1 win over Millwall which also followed the second international break. Before that point we’d been fairly consistent in how poor we were, and there was even a slight upturn after the 3-0 victory against Hull City - our first home win of the season.

Interestingly, that game was also the debut of Saeid Ezatolahi, who would play the next handful of matches until getting injured after a 4-1 defeat to West Bromwich Albion. He ended his Reading career (at time of writing) with a record of one comfortable win (Hull), a plucky draw (Brentford away), a narrow loss (QPR at home) and a heavier one (West Brom).

I’m loathe to go so far as to say that we’d have done noticeably better under Paul Clement if Ezatolahi had stayed fit, but the drop-off in average team performances soon after his injury is still intriguing (I’m counting out the Millwall average rating due to it largely being distorted by Yakou Meite’s brace and Anssi Jaakkola’s individual heroics). I’ll let you decide that question over Ezatolahi for yourselves - thoughts in the comments and on our social media pages please.

Whatever the case, performances drop from there on in and don’t properly recover until the New Year. That’s a period I highlighted in a recent tactics review of the 2018/19 campaign as being largely defined by Paul Clement’s inability to settle on a coherent approach, with Reading lurching from formation to formation without a clear idea on what the best way forward was.

The influence of both Rinomhota and Ezatolahi had been key in different stages of the season, with the whole team benefitting from the balance that such convincing holding midfielders gave the side. The defence has an easier job when there’s someone sticking in tackles in the midfield, and attacking players enjoy the freedom that defensive security behind them provides.

Comment

Any news on Ezza? His current team (Rostov) had friendlies throughout this month (and today against CSKA). Ezza posted a story of him vacationing in Iran, does he not plan to return to Rostov?

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
            Any news on Ezza? His current team (Rostov) had friendlies throughout this month (and today against CSKA). Ezza posted a story of him vacationing in Iran, does he not plan to return to Rostov?
            It’s never clear with this guy.

Unfortunately ezatollahi is neither very professional nor is he hardworking.

He was doing the same exact shit last summer and it took him months to get to reading and actually play.

The guy is very talented but the lack of concern for his future is concerning.

Hamash ahle esgho hale in bache

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Guys, please. It's very easy to judge the players from some insta stories and call them unprofessional because they are visiting their families back home. Noone here knows about the daily schedule of those players. Do you seriously think that someone like e.g. Ezza doesn't give a damn about his future? There are a bunch of challenges and issues in the background that we don't see. Only because there are no rumors from some shitty Iranian newspapers about it, it doesn't mean that Ezza is laying on his couch and doing nothing except playing with his shombool.

Comment

Do any of you guys that follow him on insta read farsi? He posted a training picture of himself to his insta story but the message is in farsi. Can anyone translate? it might be his usual attention seeking pseudo intellectual quotes he like to post or it might be something legit. if anyone can translate that would be awesome.

I still think this guy is ridiculously talented and i hope he can get his act together. Tough to tell if hes the problem or if its rostov that delays his loan moves.

Comment

Originally posted by Dubxl152 View Post
                  Do any of you guys that follow him on insta read farsi? He posted a training picture of himself to his insta story but the message is in farsi. Can anyone translate? it might be his usual attention seeking pseudo intellectual quotes he like to post or it might be something legit. if anyone can translate that would be awesome.

I still think this guy is ridiculously talented and i hope he can get his act together. Tough to tell if hes the problem or if its rostov that delays his loan moves.
                  thats exactly what it is agreed - wherever he goes its important for him to be playing regularly and for the first time in his career stay healthy!
                  Team Meli Iran
                  Perspolis FC
                  Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Rostov playing right now and saeedis not even on the bench.

:/

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                      Rostov playing right now and saeedis not even on the bench.

:/
                      as is expected since he jsut returned to training under two weeks ago.

Comment

Not in squad again. This happen when you miss the big part of training camp for whatever shitty reason. And think your talent can earn you something without hard work!!!

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

English championship seems to be a dead end with 100% of iranian playing there going back to middle east staight after :

Bagheri, Ando, Dejagah, Kaabi, Ansarifard

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                            English championship seems to be a dead end with 100% of iranian playing there going back to middle east staight after :

Not 100%. Ghoochannejhad, although loaned to Kuwait and Qatar for a season, spent 2 seasons there before being transferred to Eredivisie

Comment

Originally posted by Kian B. View Post
                              Not 100%. Ghoochannejhad, although loaned to Kuwait and Qatar for a season, spent 2 seasons there before being transferred to Eredivisie
                              Thank you I missed Gucci in my list. He went straight to Arab leagues from Charlton

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                                This is just not true at all

Firstly, Bagheri, Ando and Dejagah were at Premier League teams, not Championship teams like Kaebi, Ansarifard and Gucci.

Dejagah was player of the season for Fulham. Unfortunately they got relegated and he would have had European options that summer but chose Qatari money. Blame him for that, not English football.

Ando was by all accounts a promising player at Bolton and 2007 was a good year for him at the club. Sadly, Allardyce left and Gary Megson (who is a terrible manager) didn't fancy him. He then went to Fulham for 2 years but couldn't break into the team.

Bagheri at Charlton was an unfortunate story. He was in his prime. I think it was the right club for him in England at the time but the stars didn't align off the pitch. Charlton manager at the time, Alan Curbishley said "The problem was he never stayed fit while he was with us. After playing against Ipswich he went off to play for Iran and came back with a groin strain. Then it was a hamstring. His father died and he had to return to Iran the next day and we didn't see him for three weeks. Then he injured his hamstring again. It was one thing after another. It was a pity because the boy can play."

Ansarifard and Gucci are the same issue. They came to their respective teams through partnered clubs that chairmen owned. Charlton and Liege. Forest and Olympiacos. It generally means the manager's hand was forced in signing them. Those clubs were being poorly run and changing manager regularly. Both players should have perhaps been firmer in making better career choices.

Kaebi wasn't Martin Allen's signing. It was Mandaric who brought him in. What's more, he didn't immerse himself in the culture and language of the land. That's a big no for a foreign player in most countries. I mean, look at Gareth Bale at Real Madrid currently. The guy single-handedly wins them a Champions League the year before last and scores one of the clubs greatest solo goals against their arch rivals to win a cup final but because he can't speak Spanish... he's unwanted by the club and despised by the fans.

Perhaps Ezatolahi's experience in England most matches Bagheri's. He didn't fail and it wasn't a bad move. He impressed people but didn't have the chance to do it on a regular basis due to injury. He's still young enough to come back to Europe and play in a decent league if he has the right mentality to succeed.

Comment

Working...
                                X