Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ashkan was voted their player of the season, he nearly kept them up.

Comment

Also hugely impressed with Saeid, he is doing well so far in a very difficult league.

Comment

Quick turnaround for Reading FC as their next match is this Tuesday, vs QPR.

Comment

His highlights vs. Brentford:

Video: https://twitter.com/PersianFutbol/st...58137657774085

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
            His highlights vs. Brentford:

Video: https://twitter.com/PersianFutbol/st...58137657774085
            Thanks for the video!

Damn what an ox! His physique is perfectly suited for the championship but his vision and technical abilities are clearly one step above this league.

I'm really excited. He's going to get massive amounts of playtime and get used to the relentless pace and roughness of the championship.

I'm just a little worried about the hack and slash style of playing in the league. Players we're going at each others legs scissor style lol...and looks like Saeid is not scared to get involved. Hopefully he plays a little more composed and doesn't get injured.

Comment

4 more in a very good league ...

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                Ashkan was voted their player of the season, he nearly kept them up.
                Ashkan was superb in that season - he had scored against Everton, Tottenham etc. by far our best in EPL history.

Teymourian was also exceptional in his first year with Fulham. Big Sam left and things went bad after and spoiled his career there cause he was big Sam's guy.

Comment

damn i dont know whats up but i can never watch any Vids on Twitter ..!!
                  it only works on my phone..!!?

Comment

Our experience with reading and Brighton fans have been very opposite to Charlton supporters. Very welcoming and supportive groups I don’t remember enough about the Fulahm and Bolton fan bases to be able to say how they were but reading and Brighton supporters have been great. Kudos to these teams I never forget and never stop supporting the clubs who’s fans have shown our boys a lot of love!
                    Team Meli Iran
                    Perspolis FC
                    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                      Our experience with reading and Brighton fans have been very opposite to Charlton supporters. Very welcoming and supportive groups I don’t remember enough about the Fulahm and Bolton fan bases to be able to say how they were but reading and Brighton supporters have been great. Kudos to these teams I never forget and never stop supporting the clubs who’s fans have shown our boys a lot of love!
                      Holy shittt, Charlton fans were the most negative, and miserably depressed football fans i ever got to know..!!
                      their lousy, fickle, supposed Fans, are the biggest reason why the club keep slipping down in english football charts..!!

IMO, Brighton's Fan-base by far seem the most level headed and educated and likable bunch..!
                      Fulham had their fair portion of idiots but they were for most part sensible enough fans..! so seem to be Readings fans sorta, but not quiet...!~

Comment

Originally posted by Ab-Gosht View Post
                        well Ashkan had 1/2 to one season in fulham were he was among the best player in league in his wing position. i think you didnt watch those games...
                        I watched all of his games those two seasons. He showed some great moments in his first season but didn't score a single goal, and scored some pretty peaches in his second season, but still played much less than he had played for wolfsburg (when he played 33-40 games per season before his injury season). In both season (2012/2013 and 2013/2014 season), he started only 13 games in each.

I'm not sure where you got the "best player in league in his wing position" from - are you mixing him up with Mahdavikia in Germany who was voted best winger in the league and HSV player of the year.

Don't get me wrong, he had an important squad role for Fulham, but your hyperbole doesn't really stand.

In any case, my point still stands - there isn't an Iranian player who has been a first team regular, let alone an indispensable player (eg Mahdavikia for Bochum/HSV) for an English club side in the way that we have had many other players (Rezaei in serie A, Nekounam in La Liga, Mahdavikia + Hashemian in Bundesliga)

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                          I watched all of his games those two seasons. He showed some great moments in his first season but didn't score a single goal, and scored some pretty peaches in his second season, but still played much less than he had played for wolfsburg (when he played 33-40 games per season before his injury season). In both season (2012/2013 and 2013/2014 season), he started only 13 games in each.

I'm not sure where you got the "best player in league in his wing position" from - are you mixing him up with Mahdavikia in Germany who was voted best winger in the league and HSV player of the year.

Don't get me wrong, he had an important squad role for Fulham, but your hyperbole doesn't really stand.

In any case, my point still stands - there isn't an Iranian player who has been a first team regular, let alone an indispensable player (eg Mahdavikia for Bochum/HSV) for an English club side in the way that we have had many other players (Rezaei in serie A, Nekounam in La Liga, Mahdavikia + Hashemian in Bundesliga)
                          He was a first team regular when he wasn't injured. He was voted as player of the season by the Fulham fans.
                          Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

Comment

Originally posted by RaginG Inferno View Post
                            He was a first team regular when he wasn't injured. He was voted as player of the season by the Fulham fans.
                            You realize he only started 13 games that year. He had some really nice goals, I think all 5 of his goals were game tying or winning goals. But he was not a regular.

Source: https://fbref.com/en/squads/fd962109/2013-2014/Fulham
                            "Formerly known as AliDaeiClone"

Comment

Originally posted by RaginG Inferno View Post
                              You are right, I can't deny that he was voted player of the season in the fans' online poll (on london24.com but still it was official!). To be fair he probably deserved it as the rest of the team was garbage, even if he did start only 13 games all season he scored some corkers.

Still, I'm waiting to see a 40-game-a-season dominating the league player like Mahdavikia was for HSV for about 7 seasons, Dejagah himself was for Wolfsburg in his golden 2007/2008 season

I hope i don't trigger anyone here but you can't compare Dejagah doing well to get fans' player nomination in a really poor relegated side to e.g. Son getting plaudits at a higher performance level. I want an Iranian to get the media headlines in the premier league the way (Iran saravaresheh) Son Heung-Min does. No one here can say we have produced a player who has reached anywhere near that tier yet, even if we have players who IMHO are better than him. That's my point.

Comment

Originally posted by AliDaeiClone View Post
                                You realize he only started 13 games that year. He had some really nice goals, I think all 5 of his goals were game tying or winning goals. But he was not a regular.
                                Source: https://fbref.com/en/squads/fd962109/2013-2014/Fulham
                                Yeah, but there's a difference between not starting games because you're physically unavailable to play contra not starting games because you're not the first choice when you're healthy. Ashkan's case was the former.
                                Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

Comment

Working...
                                X