No announcement yet.

Reza Shekari @ Rubin Kazan | 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow. Sardar almost lobbed akinfeev from 35 yards out. Nearly an incredible strike.

Watched the whole game. Sardar was very impressive. His hold up play was much better than previous games, and he was very dangerous throughout, especially spinning in behind. He created many clear cut opportunities and was unlucky not to have a goal and assist. He looks sharp, and played the entirety of match, while his strike partner poloz was subbed (usually other way around) and he still was very energetic. Any teams that are scouting him would have def been impressed. And he did all this while being man marked by one of the cska CBs.

Shekari was unlucky not to get mins but he is improving and himself stated in recent interview that berdyev has a lot of faith in him and has improved him tremendously.

Overall pleased. Hopefully sardar gets a move in the last week of the window. But if not, I feel like he can play well this year, without a lot of spotlight or attention.

Comment

Azmoun almost won it in the 95' with a crazy volley from way outside the box on a counter. He was on the run, ball was bouncing and had nobody around him. Great awareness, outstanding execution, but unfortunately denied by an incredible save from Akinfeev.

1-1 final

Comment

Iran star Sardar Azmoun started his senior career with Rubin Kazan. Now, another young Iranian is set for his breakthrough at the Tatar club.

http://russianfootballnews.com/ones-...-reza-shekari/

Career So Far

For a player only just exiting youth football, Reza Shekari has had an enormous amount of hype surrounding him. Born in Tehran but making his senior debut for Isfahan-based Pro League outfit Zob Ahan, the young midfielder has made a name for himself in Iran, though this is mostly due to his performances for his home nation at U17 and U20 level, where he scored 14 goals in 21 games. While he was invited to train with the U23 squad at the age of just 17, it was not until last year that he made his debut, scoring within fifteen minutes against Kyrgyzstan during AFC qualifying.

He has trialled with Basel, and had interest from a host of Russian and European clubs alike, including Rostov & Leicester City, before Rubin Kazan signed him up on the last day of the 2017 Summer transfer window. Scoring two goals in eight appearances for Rubin’s academy has quickly made Kurban Berdyev consider the prospect as a rotation option. He has made two appearances since breaking out of Rubin’s youth setup last season, both from the bench, and will be hoping to finally break into the senior squad this season.

Strengths

One aspect of Reza’s game that is immediately striking is a level of composure and flair that defies his twenty years. An adapt passer, he can work the ball efficiently both along the ground and over the top. He has excellent ball control to get out of trouble, executing one-touch dinks and well-timed short passes to his teammates. His awareness and vision should only improve with time. Like his compatriot Sardar Azmoun, he is solid in the air thanks to his height and agility, and is not even too bad on the slide to kick-start counter-attacking moves. It is perhaps for these reasons Berdyev tested him at right back during preseason, although he is more likely to be used as a right winger given Rubin’s quality in defence (especially if Berdyev switches to a more conventional 4-2-2 variant). In the standard 5-3-2 expect him to line up on either side of a midfield stalwart like Kambolov, with him able to drift into the flank allowing more space for creativity. Certainly he offers an intriguing option off the bench.

Weaknesses

His shooting is not extraordinary, but then we would be spoiling ourselves. While his work rate is decent, he is not the type of attacking midfielder to drive forward with the ball singehandedly, preferring to hold up the ball, escape opposition legs, or find space. That may prove useful for strikers who like to get in behind defenders, but at the same time they will usually be reliant on quick and reliable deliverers of the ball high up the field. As for flexibility, he would probably need to improve his long balls if he were to be considered in a more deep lying role, which may be required of him at some point by Berdyev. Azmoun won’t be on the end of any Iranian wide crosses either as Shekari naturally prefers to stay away from the extreme flanks. If it can be classed as a weakness, he is not a vocal player able to command the midfield; Iran youth teammates such as Mohammad Sharifi cover that role for him an international level.

What’s Next?

The Qashqai Turk has the potential of forming quite a formidable partnership with ethnic Turkmen Azmoun, both at club and perhaps international level. It is difficult to ascertain whether Shekari would be better off settling in Kazan or seeking pastures new if he particularly impresses by the time he gets a senior Iran call up; quite a lot would depend on the amount of game time he gets, or whether he meshes with a player already well established in Russia and proves himself to a manager who is willing to give him that chance. If he succeeds, an eventual move to a top league would certainly not be surprising, but an extended stay in Kazan would be even less so.
        We are currently witnessing a revolution in Iranian football. Team Melli has never been stronger than it is today, and we will only get better.

Comment

Any new update on his rumored transfer?

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
            Any new update on his rumored transfer?
            he won't go anywhere.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

Comment

I think Sardar is fantastic and that there’s still time to tell if he’ll turn out to become an even better and more well rounded player than he is now.

I also think that maybe Sardar should focus more on his shooting game. Maybe I’m wrong because from where we view the match the camera shows him looking down to shoot. And I understand that a player has to distribute everything before they take that final step to shoot. But sometimes I just feel he takes a generic approach of “let’s just shoot in range” to be safe which is too “in range” and the keeper has a better idea where Sardar will shoot. I’ve noticed this last season with RK and with Iran too. When he’s playing against a lower-tier RPL club and he misses a goal he could have scored had he taken the risk of shooting just a tad bit further away from the keeper.

I think I’m just thinking about it too much and he is also unlucky in situations as well. Just a thought I had that maybe you guys have too.

Comment

Originally posted by FF187 View Post
                he won't go anywhere.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk
                Yup
                So it seems
                Is there Any decent EU team in dire need of last minute fire power .!?
                Especially Any of the previously linked to Azmoun rumored clubs ..??

I think @ $5-7 mil valuation Kazan may get a last gasp bite for him yet ..!? But currently seems highly doubtful anywhere near double figures ..!?
                He’ll have to pin his hope on a notable RPL & next summer move move I guess !? Or possibly this winter if he exploded on that scene ..!? Which is nearly impossible in Berdyev system of play
                If he sticks with his foolish decision to retire from TM then he can forget about ever leaving Russia unless it’s for some Arab or Chinese league

Comment

The Russian League might be more competitive than the Dutch league, but so far it has been a grave yard for Young Iranian talent. None of the players who played there have moved on from Russia, let alone to a top 4 league.

Sardar 5 years
                  Ezzi 3 years
                  Milmo 2 years
                  Shekari 1 year

A freaking graveyard I tell you.

Comment

I don't want anymore Iranian players in Russian and Greece league!

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                      I'm pretty sure the players all want out too but they have no options

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                        We couldn't hold Spain, Portugal and Morocco if our greek/russian players were still in IPL/Qatar

Comment

Lyon are chasing after Celtic's Moussa Dembele, who is their star striker. If they sign him there is a chance they could go in for Azmoun, who they have been linked with at the past. I'm just speculating.

Comment

Originally posted by Bandar Hamal View Post
                            Lyon are chasing after Celtic's Moussa Dembele, who is their star striker. If they sign him there is a chance they could go in for Azmoun, who they have been linked with at the past. I'm just speculating.
                            Both times they were chasing azmoun, he had a drought and they had articles about how they were happy they didnt go for him.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                              We couldn't hold Spain, Portugal and Morocco if our greek/russian players were still in IPL/Qatar
                              lol hajsafi went to school on the left flank in those three games

Masoud couldn’t hold on to the ball

Karim wasted opportunities

Azmoun won a few aerial balls and complained like a little bitch

Ezza and MiMo were the only effective players from those leagues

Meanwhile beiro, amiri, Omid, cheshmi, Majid we’re outstanding and our resident Qatar league star PAG played incredible

Only player from gulf league that was terrible was taremi. He had golden opportunities vs Spain and Portugal and blew it
                              SHOW TIME!

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                                Actually as it was said our best player were local players. lol

Comment

Working...
                                X