We need to see strict, European style refereeing in PGPL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We need to see strict, European style refereeing in PGPL

I was aghast watching the Persepolis v Padideh highlights. The dude with the flying high kick into the back of the Persepolis player should’ve been a straight red card. A crucial step for improving our style of play is by limiting the definition of acceptable play, and raise the consequences for fouls, especially ones that can cause serious injury. Strict refereeing will force tactical improvements in the players, something like when you try to solve a math problem on a limited amount of space like a note card rather than a 8.5x11” sheet of paper- you have to improve your technique to make it.
    What do you think?

Really ?

South American dont mind the hard, rough tackles which will be a straight red in Europe. Its their way of football and they like to play that way.

If European referring suits Iranian way of football than no problems.

Comment

Same goes in a lot of other ways.

South Ameticans still have two legged finals as opposed to a single leg in a neutral place in Europe who abandoned the two legs final decades ago.

But South Americans still preffer their way.

Comment

Its not the calls thats the problem its the ability to stand to scrutiny

A ref shouldnt kneel to fan pressure or player swarms. If complaints come out pull out a yellow and threaten anyone who talks to you aggressively

Comment

Originally posted by Azeem98 View Post
          Really ?

South American dont mind the hard, rough tackles which will be a straight red in Europe. Its their way of football and they like to play that way.

If European referring suits Iranian way of football than no problems.
          I don’t think a flying kick would be tolerated in any respectable league. I also believe our physicality resembles European teams rather than South American teams. Regardless, refining individual player tactic will be key if we are to take the next step in our football. We have to be able to win one on one battles and maintain possession. I am hoping we will see improvement in our play in the Asian cup finals. *fingers crossed*

Comment

Working...
          X