Second Tier World Cup Winner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second Tier World Cup Winner

Just a thought that came to my mind. Imagine if all the teams eliminated in the group stages were to compete in a similar fashion as the ones that progressed to decide the best team out of the ones that couldn't make it past the group stages to decide some sort of second tier world cup champions.

Here it is what it would have looked like.

How do you think it would have turned out ?

IRan wins the world cup

Comment

I've dreamed about something like this as well. Maybe it couldn't take place while the WC continued but it coud function as a sort of second confederations cup... idk..aAAA I wish it was real it would be great for the players involved

Comment

Germany would win it.
        I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
          Germany would win it.
          Serbia would defeat them so no.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk

BARCELONA-IRAAAN-PERSPOLIS
          CITY

Comment

It's a good idea but as long as it was done at a later time. Maybe the next summer. Imo having these games at the same time would devalue the comp.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pouya View Post
              It's a good idea but as long as it was done at a later time. Maybe the next summer. Imo having these games at the same time would devalue the comp.
              Its not another competition.

Take for example if Uruguay, Brazil, Croatia and England will make it to the semis than they will give us a winner runner up and the third and fourth team all decided by matches.

Now the four teams eliminated in the quarter finals France, Belgium Russia and Sweden will play to decide places from 5th to 8th. France vs Belgium Russia vs Sweden. France wins Sweden wins. France Sweden will play for 5th/6th place and Russia Belgium will play for 7th/8th place.

Similarly the eight losing teams from the round16 will play each other in a simiar way to decided places from 9th/16th.

The 16 eliminated in the group stages will play to decide places from 17th to 32.

The only problem will be logistic and schedule.

Comment

Its a common practice in Hockey at the Olynpics

Comment

Originally posted by Azeem98 View Post
                  Its not another competition.

Take for example if Uruguay, Brazil, Croatia and England will make it to the semis than they will give us a winner runner up and the third and fourth team all decided by matches.

Now the four teams eliminated in the quarter finals France, Belgium Russia and Sweden will play to decide places from 5th to 8th. France vs Belgium Russia vs Sweden. France wins Sweden wins. France Sweden will play for 5th/6th place and Russia Belgium will play for 7th/8th place.

Similarly the eight losing teams from the round16 will play each other in a simiar way to decided places from 9th/16th.

The 16 eliminated in the group stages will play to decide places from 17th to 32.

The only problem will be logistic and schedule.
                  Even the third place match is too much. Once a team is eliminated from reaching the final there's really not much motivation to fight for an irrelevant ranking as you just wanna go home and die. Just ask the Germans and Argentines.
                  I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                    Even the third place match is too much. Once a team is eliminated from reaching the final there's really not much motivation to fight for an irrelevant ranking as you just wanna go home and die. Just ask the Germans and Argentines.
                    I know football isn't into this idea but you said Germans and Argentines. Smaller teams would care more about this than the usual big teams. Iran Saudi Arabia 9th place match ? Toatly useless ?

Comment

Germany , Senegal and Iran

Comment

Originally posted by Azeem98 View Post
                        I know football isn't into this idea but you said Germans and Argentines. Smaller teams would care more about this than the usual big teams. Iran Saudi Arabia 9th place match ? Toatly useless ?
                        As a fan I think it is. The players would probably find it more so. After failing to advance from our group I doubt anyone, including me, was up to playing matches to find out whether we should be ranked 17th or 18th.

Comment

Working...
                        X