X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://mobile.twitter.com/JSPrice_m...22006195286017

Comment

Originally posted by The Farbod View Post
      Eh. I don't think it matters, especially when you consider the different levels of competition between continents. I would never take anything away from Daei, but 16 goals are against Laos and Maldives. The record is the record, and I think both Daei and CR7 are legends. I love the way they celebrated the achievement. I think Daei has received more accolades now then when he set the record.
      10 of Ronaldo s goals were against joke opponents too:
      Luxembourg
      Faroe islands
      Andorra
      San Marino

Considering the quality of the team he played in with some of the world's best, like Figo, Deco, Pepe playing against Luxembourg is like Daie playing against Maldives.

Comment

Would agree on a few european teams like San Marino, Andorra etc., but actually Luxembourg is far from being a joke. Quality wise they could easily challenge AFC teams like Bahrain, Lebanon, Kuwait etc. Dont really think they are worse.

Comment

I don't see how it is even a question which of the two had tougher opponents.. Also if this record had to look at the amount of games played, Daei wouldn't have been on top anyways.

Comment

u are delusional if u think daei deserved it more than cr7. cr7 is a generational athlete, is in the goat conversation. daei is barely even top 150 of all time, and not even the best iranian player

Comment

Originally posted by Babak agha View Post
              I don't see how it is even a question which of the two had tougher opponents.. Also if this record had to look at the amount of games played, Daei wouldn't have been on top anyways.
              I agree totally. These things are relative not absolute. Every player should be judged according to their era and league. Who knows what Ali Daie would do if he started playing for Portugal as a 18 year old. He might have scored more goals with the talent around him, and better and fitter in the latter stage of his career. Or he could have been worse.

Clearly Ronaldo is one of the very best that has ever played the game. But Daie was an incredibly prolific goalscorer and especially when playing for his country. Daie deserves his record and no one should discount it just because he scored a lot against Maldives.

Comment

https://fb.watch/6oDtMrx0TC/

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________
                We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

Not today .....109 stands

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS ali daie he is still the king
                    Ronaldo is out.

Comment

Today for first time they had small daei segment in the pre game show on ESPN.

They read Daei's post + had a graphic of it and introduced him as the great iranian ali daei.

I also still dont know why people are hell bent on continuing to argue this weaker opponents thing. OFC, Daei scored overall vs weaker opponents (not like ronaldo only scored on world beaters, but asian level is much lower than european overall) BUT Daei started at 24 years of age after completing military service and getting a fucking engineering degree from sharif. And certainly an average player does not manhandle Lebeauf + Desailly + Baresi + Maldini like he did in the champions league. That bayern move opened doors for Karimi + Hashemian later even if maybe for daei it wasnt the right one.

We can just appreciate his achievements and the fact he is finally getting international recognition and respect that he deserves.

Comment

According to Daei, he scored 111 goals for Iran and not 109 like Fifa said. He scores two goals against Afghanistan in asian games, but fifa consider this game as played by Iran Olympic team

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                          According to Daei, he scored 111 goals for Iran and not 109 like Fifa said. He scores two goals against Afghanistan in asian games, but fifa consider this game as played by Iran Olympic team
                          If you are gonna count those then you also need to count his goal against Lebanon in the same Asian Games. But starting from that tournament it was a U23 tournament and he was one of the overage players.
                          I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                              If you are gonna count those then you also need to count his goal against Lebanon in the same Asian Games. But starting from that tournament it was a U23 tournament and he was one of the overage players.
                              Who can forget his dad passing away and he missed the final against japan which we won with his replacement bayatinia scoring that was great team which gave bronko THE HEAD COACHING JOB ,navidkia was true star but too bad his knee never effective after that tournement.

Comment

^^ Navidkia's knee (and career and greatness potential) went when he collided with Borhani vs. Korea (if I recall correctly) during Olympics 2004 qualification.

It was so needless on Borhani's part, but Navidkia was never the same player after. Before that, he truly had potential to be the Iranian Iniesta

Comment

Working...
                                X