Associated press’s best 11 of group stage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Associated press’s best 11 of group stage

Ey Val Beiranvand picked as best goalie.

https://www.tsn.ca/messi-missing-fro...t-11-1.1126744

Afarin!!
    We are currently witnessing a revolution in Iranian football. Team Melli has never been stronger than it is today, and we will only get better.

Comment

Great. Interesting factoid mentioned in the same article about Ronaldo:

"With his winner against Morocco, he became the second-highest international scorer in the history of the men's game, with 85 and counting."

He still has ways to go to catch number 1, Ali Daei.

Comment

Guardian's best 11 so far also has Beiranvand in goal! It's a great achievement

https://www.theguardian.com/football...rnament-so-far

Comment

Shirreh Lorestan

He can be very proud of himself, as we all are of him. He was immense.

Comment

Very proud of what he's achieved. I really hope he gets a good offer from a decent European team right away before the dust settles too much. Damesh garm!
            This Color
            Italy, EsEs, Chelsea, Lakers

Comment

Originally posted by Equalizer View Post
              Very proud of what he's achieved. I really hope he gets a good offer from a decent European team right away before the dust settles too much. Damesh garm!
              This sounds awful but as a goalkeeper i kinda prefer he stays in iran (albeit not with branko). I've seen so many international goalkeepers wasted on the bench in big european clubs. being the top domestic goalkeeper often translates well to international dominance for keepers who are not in the top 10 world nations.

Unless he actually does become the no 1 for a decent european club. that would be amazing

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                This sounds awful but as a goalkeeper i kinda prefer he stays in iran (albeit not with branko). I've seen so many international goalkeepers wasted on the bench in big european clubs. being the top domestic goalkeeper often translates well to international dominance for keepers who are not in the top 10 world nations.

Unless he actually does become the no 1 for a decent european club. that would be amazing
                You have a point. The issue is that most Top 4 to even mid level European teams have good goalkeepers from either youth level or they buy them young. I really hope he doesn’t pull a Haghighi.

Comment

Considering all the international praise, it seems that the consensus is that he has been the best if not one of the best in the entire tournament.

He deserves a respectable move. Hopefully he makes the move soon.
                  AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pouya View Post
                    You have a point. The issue is that most Top 4 to even mid level European teams have good goalkeepers from either youth level or they buy them young. I really hope he doesn’t pull a Haghighi.

Doubt it. Haghighi severely overperformed in his WC.

Beiranvand on the other hand made world class saves that we know ARH could not make (low shots from zieych and against spain as well).
                    AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Goaler dareem bi-manand
                      Ali-Reza Beyranvand!

Comment

If anything is going to hurt his chances of being picked up by a good European team, it might be the ball he dropped against Portugal. It was during some tense and nervous time for the entire TM, and nobody should hold that against him really.
                        "Evil is rare, but ignorance is epidemic"

Comment

The editor of Associate Press for TM!!!
                          CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Afarin, barikala.

Comment

Working...
                            X