• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gucci retires from TM

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkiqRdlg...d=yhnv3ehkk7qv

Gucci retires from TM

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkiqRdlg...en-by=rgucci16
    Just posted his retirement on his instagram.

Main points:

- It was an honor to wear TM shirt for 6 years. It was a dream come true.
    - Many of you asked why I didn't play in the WC, unfortunately I do not have the answer and sometimes thing should be left unanswered.
    - While I continue to love TM, my brain and character cannot allow me to hold the responsibility of this shirt anymore. I have made a decision to retire my shirt from the national team. Thank you to coaches, teammates and fans.

I think he is acting a bit emotionally after not seeing playing time in the WC. However by the same token, if this is the last time we see him in a TM shirt, then no one will forget his goals against Lebanon, Qatar and SK in 2014 that sent us to the WC after missing out on 2010. Merci Gucci!

Comment

He should rethink it.
      His wife also posted something a few days ago basically complaining about why Gucci didn't play.

However, thank you Gucci! You took us to World Cup 2014. You'll always be remembered fondly.

Comment

We may think that he is young since he basically just started playing for TM. But he is almost 31 years old now and we have multiple strikers who are 4-5 years younger than him. Decision makes sense, he probably wants to focus on his family and not travel from Europe to Iran for TM.

Comment

I am very grateful for his vital contributions over the last six years.

I don't blame him for his disappointment at failing to feature in Russia, as any player with confidence and a winning mentality would feel the same.

Classy guy.
          Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

Comment

Carlos has some explaining to do. He would have been a perfect sub in the Portugal match with his speed. Now if he and Ashkan were not fit then why the hell do you invite them to TM to begin with?

Comment

😢😭 goodbye

Comment

He should come to the MLS!!!

Comment

Hopefully he receives a retirement friendly to tribute what hes done for Team Melli..

One of my favorite players of all time for Iran!

Comment

Real sad. I love the man, he is class-act and such a great opportunist in front of the goal. I wish he was utilized for at least 10-15 minutes in one of the matches. He still has easy another 4 years of good footballing years. Truly hope he re-thinks, but knowing CQ even if Ghoochi changes his mind, I doubt CQ will re-invite him

Comment

Originally posted by Hoorad View Post
                      He should come to the MLS!!!
                      What does national team retirement have to do with his club? His club status is secure.

Comment

I think he deserved the last 15 minutes in the Portugal game
                        United We Stand, One nation one heart one goal

Comment

Originally posted by CHaMiLLionaire View Post
                          What does national team retirement have to do with his club? His club status is secure.
                          Where did I mention his team retirement has anything to do with his club? Are you seeing things?

His club status isn’t secure btw.

Comment

Man this sad news!!! He is one of my favorite players on the team. CQ should have played him. Heart breaking to see him leave like this! Hopefully he will change his mind but if not i can understand him.

Comment

One of the most efficient and opportunistic forwards we've ever had. We owe him big gratitude for getting the golden goal against S. Korea.

This is a good move for him. He needs to focus on his club play, because his years as a professional player is coming to an end. Better to make as much money as he can in the next few years.
                              “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                              X