Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has the best interest of Iranian at heart ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ krol .....fixed

In the final round of the 2006 WCQs, TM was the only national team in its qualifying group that failed to defeat Bahrain in Bahrain, despite having a full, injury-free squad ..... lol. Both NK (yes, NK) and Japan managed victories there.

Under CQ, we defeated South Korea in Korea in a crucial WCQ, despite missing two key players (Dejagah and Pouladi).

Originally posted by krol View Post
    ^Not only that, we actually needed a last minute goal from Hashemian in Qatar to escape elimination in the very first round of qualifiers! This was after losing to Jordan in Tehran! And his groupies keep saying "herp derp no one ever qualified as easily as Branko lol!" The sheep have no clue we were literally seconds away from not even making the final round, and who saved us? Vahid Hashemian...the guy Branko was forced to accept by Dadkan!

I honestly don't know what we ever did to deserve being stuck with this Balkan con artist in two different generations! As if we don't have enough badbakhti in other areas!

Edit: This post was in response to Abedzadeh's great post. I don't know why he deleted it
    Zendebahd Iran

Comment

I have spoken with Portuguese nationals and for some reason they don't like CQ. He might have had an altercation with their Football Federation that dragged into public.
      sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

It's clear for everyone to see

Branko lost 3 1 to mexico tied Angola and lost 2 0 to Portugal

Iran beat Morocco.. almost tied Spain and tied spain
        WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

To make this pool a little more meaningful, would you please add, Imam e Sag Pedar Khomeini, Khamenie, Sepah e Passdaran, President Rohani, and the rest of Islamic Obaash va Arrazel.

Comment

Right on, that is exactly my point and do not understand all these negative attitudes towards Branko. His second spell in Iran as the Perspolis coach has been not bad at all.

Comment

that one guy who voted for Branko must have been his mother
              “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Yeah but that was 12 years ago. Branko of today delivers results for Perspolis.

Comment

I am not a red nor a blue fan. But in his second spell in Iran and apart from not winning the hazfi cup, what else hasn't Branko done that he should have?

Comment

Originally posted by Paradigm View Post
                    I have spoken with Portuguese nationals and for some reason they don't like CQ. He might have had an altercation with their Football Federation that dragged into public.
                    it was mainly the doping thing and then he responded badly with the media so portuguese don't like him. Real Madrid fans are also fairly indifferent to him. Most Man United fans speak very highly of him because when he was essentially running things as assistant manager he forged a very discipline Man United unit which people credit him for, this became won of manure's most glory-filled periods.

he has different relationships with different people, but he is perfect for TM. He is the man for a nation (Article from 2017: https://thesefootballtimes.co/2017/0...-for-a-nation/ )

Comment

The Branko effect for TM.

- SPINELESSNESS: Sticking with one goalkeeper (Mirzapour) who was error-prone, and not even giving a chance to test other alternatives, and there were a few (contrast with CQ). Not altering his tactics and game plan, and keeping with the same formations/line-ups for every damn game. He just didn't want to experiment and try different players, he didn't like any chance. We had a series of very feeble performances in the 2005-early 2006 period but NOTHING was changed after them, and he had a lot more new talent at his disposal than his predecessors (remember poor Pourheidari who had a midfield of Fekri, Navazi, Halali to pick from)
                      - OUTSIDE INFLUENCE: Branko let himself be influenced too much by player agents such as Reza Fazeli who was in the TM camp for the World Cup, and we all know that it affected the team spirit. He also let Daei dictate matters far too much in terms of team selection.
                      - TEAM SPIRIT: Our team spirit was the worst for WC06 when players were even refusing to pass to each other, let alone speaking with each other (contrast with CQ and the tight-knit unit he has built)
                      - TACTICAL NONSENSE: After finally bringing Bayern Munich's Hashemian back into the fold, he pushed him out to the wing (absolute no man's land) to accommodate a stagnant Ali Daei, who was playing 90 minutes for every game, not even subbed out for young strikers to get a chance to get some game time.
                      - TROLLING: Bringing Khatibi back to TM, starting him and Enayati. Khatibi was a constant source of frustration, the worst finisher we have ever had internationally, how he had so many caps no one can explain (well, apart from Branko and Khatibi's agent at the time Fazeli probably).
                      - POOR TEAM SELECTION: When we had more talented players, I never understood why Branko picked Badavi, Alavi, Kameli Mofrad, Khatibi, Sattar Zare. He had a favoured group of players who he stuck with, who were worse than a number of their peers in IPL.
                      - OGHDEH - Falling out with his prized player (Mobali) when the latter refused to move to Dynamo Zagreb in 2005. At the time he was the only two-footed playmaker apart from Karimi and he was player of the year in IPL at the age of 21. He was just dropped after Branko's lajbaazi.
                      - STIFLING DEVELOPMENT - We had, at the time, arguably our brightest crop of aged 18-22 youngsters who all looked very talented (Kazemian, Mobali, Borhani). They weren't given enough playing time internationally to develop and ended up dwindling, as the coach just kept playing the same people for 90 minutes regardless of how they performed (contrast with CQ)

We have had some fantastic croatian coaches over the years, who have contributed a lot to TM, but more importantly to the development of TM. This guy has been a jabroni and really hampered TM in terms of development for a long time. I'm so glad we have CQ and not this man, because when CQ eventually leaves us, he will leave our team in a much stronger place.

Comment

What has Branko not done that he should have?

We can start by not getting spanked 4-0 by Al-Hilal last year and 3-1 by Al-Sadd this year. The moron crashed out of last year's ACL losing 6-2 over two legs against Al-Hilal! If he can stop embarrassing our football like that, we'd appreciate it.

He can stop losing to teams like Qashqai in the Hazfi Cup, which is the equivalent of CQ losing to Afghanistan with team melli!

He can also prove that he actually understands what Plan B means, and not insist on failing formations and players just to spite reporters and fans. In the two matches against Qatar in Doha and South Korea in Tehran, CQ showed more tactical flexibility than Brangoh has shown during both his stints in Iran! Perspolis's record in the second half of last season was only the fourth best in the league. And a lot of that had to do with Brangoh being his usual dumb self and condemning Mosalman to the bench when the guy produced practically every time he stepped on the pitch.

Most importantly, he can also stop trying to sabotage team melli by not constantly manipulating the sheep who treat him like their FootballDaddy.

Comment

The Al-Hilal loss in the quarters of last year was mostly due to the fact that 3 to 4 key Perspolis players were missing. But Perspolis is back in the quarters again and lets see if he can get the reds into the last 4 possibly facing Esteghlal.
                          The issue between club vs national team managers is a complicated issue that exists in every country. And for that matter, Branko has not done anything out of the ordinary or else he would have been warned by the IFF since they mostly favor CQ over every other coach in Iran.
                          The bottom line is that the Perspolis management and the fans in general are satisfied with his performance thus far and his contract has been extended.

Comment

Branko of 06 was without a doubt a bad coach to lead Iran in that tournament. He made too many tactical mistakes and was unable to create a unified team. He was indeed everything that you do not want in a team as a coach. But the Branko of today has become a better coach and at least at Perspolis, he has kept the fans happy by delivering good results.

Comment

Originally posted by Irandoust View Post
                              The Al-Hilal loss in the quarters of last year was mostly due to the fact that 3 to 4 key Perspolis players were missing.
                              The difference between a great coach and an average coach is that the great one builds a team independent of star players, while the other relies on a handful of stars and falls apart when just one or two are absent. The loss against Al-Hilal wasn't the only time Branko's team collapsed without its stars. They also lost to Qashqai the same way. That loss was like CQ losing to Afghanistan then blaming it on missing Jahanbakhsh, Ezatollahi and Pouraliganji!

But Perspolis is back in the quarters again and lets see if he can get the reds into the last 4 possibly facing Esteghlal.
                              Believe me, I HOPE they meet in the QF. Not because I'm a blue fan, but because I want Schaffer to utterly embarrass this fraud. The two upcoming derbies in the domestic league will prove a lot to Brankollahis.

The issue between club vs national team managers is a complicated issue that exists in every country. And for that matter, Branko has not done anything out of the ordinary
                              Dead wrong. Branko directly accused CQ of trying to determine the league champion! That is a personal accusation and I challenge anyone to show me an example of a professional coach ACCUSING the national team manager of trying to sabotage one club! He was trying to provoke the morons who worship their club coach like a father figure and turn them against the national team, and sadly he succeeded to a great extent. That's not a sign of his genius of course, only a sign of their stupidity and treason.

or else he would have been warned by the IFF since they mostly favor CQ over every other coach in Iran.
                              They did warn him! As mildly as possible of course, to avoid not having red fans make slogans with Taj's mother for the rest of the season! I already explained how Brangoh has leverage in public disputes thanks to the large red fan base that favor club over country and treat their coach like he's their daddy.

The bottom line is that the Perspolis management and the fans in general are satisfied with his performance thus far and his contract has been extended.
                              The bottom line is that this wasn't your question. You asked what this charlatan didn't do that he should have done, and I told you. I already know the management extended his contract. Thanks for the tip though.

Comment

Fair enough.

Comment

Working...
                                X