Somewhat embarrassed after the world cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somewhat embarrassed after the world cup

I know this won't be popular but here it goes. I'm sorry to say this but despite our heroic performances and results, I'm somewhat embarrassed to be an Iran fan after several aspects of the campaign.

Bieranvand falling pretending he was hit against Spain
    Our players rolling around like crazy pretending they'd been fouled
    Our players arguing with the ref aggressively
    Our supporters going over to the Portugal hotel the night before the match trying to stop them sleeping (!!!?)

Overall I think we lost a lot of sympathy from people who would otherwise have supported us as underdogs.

I only say this as I love the team and don't want us to have a bad reputation.

Compare this to the reputation of Senegal or Japan. Not much cheating... supporters collecting rubbish after the game.

For a proud and noble nation that has been centuries ahead of the rest of the world in terms of civilisation I can't see how it is acceptable for us to act so badly. What have we become?

Sorry but it really disappointed me. We're better than this.

Perhaps football is not for you?

Comment

Go watch hockey I guess !!!!! Ridiculous ! Are you ok ?!!!
      sigpic
      SUPPORT TEAM MELLI
      IRAN
      - IRAN - ONLY IRAN

IRAN OUT OF AFC NOW!

IRAN WILL ROCK IN ASIA AGAIN IF IRI IS OVERTHROWN... MUBARAK, BIN-ALI, NOW IT IS THE TURN FOR SEID ALI

Comment

You should be proud we have had the best WC campaign in our history. We have left a fantastic impression with many football fans around the world. We had a real shot of going to R16 but even the current results are impressive.

Iranian fans making noise near the hotel wasn't the doing of our team...it was decision by some fans and that's it. Arguing with the ref is common. And I don't think anyone faked a foul / rolled, sometimes when they were tackled, they exaggerated it to slow down the game. No reason to be embarrassed by any of the reasons you mentioned.

Comment

Ref was a joke yesterday, every expert on TV from Sweden to Italy agrees on this so talking aggressively to a joke is not something bad, its even justified.

Our players barley rolled around yesterday, though Portugal did it big time. I guess its okay when others do it right?

Beiranvand got hit, sure it wasnt a big hit but it was a hit.

Supporters going over to hotels of other teams happens everywhere in the world, this isnt something new or exclusive to iranian fans, yes its stupid but nobody cares to be honest.

All comments yesterday by neutral fans were, you might have lost our respect during the Morocco game but you regained it against Spain and Portugal. I dont know what you have been reading?

Comment

One of the fake fans CQ refers to has shown up on PFDC forum. We are all proud of this team and what they have done period.

Comment

In beiro's defense, Costa stomped on him twice.

every player in the world dives, except Neymar

although Ramin's was a little excessive

players from other teams gather around the ref like that. read the lips of the spanish speaking players, puto madre in a common word used lol

supporters of others teams have done much worse. like serbian fans wore a sweater with the picture of a butcher who killed several albanians to their match vs. switzerland who had players of albanian heritage on their team

swedish fans giving death threats to their player for his foul which led to germanys game winning goal

although I'm upset with Taremi's lack of finishing, i wish the opposite of death to him. i hope he bounces back and has an amazing campaign in the asian cup.

our fans have been making the most noise at the WC.... in a good way

Don't be embarrassed, be proud.
              SHOW TIME!

Comment

Can someone delete this thread ? This guy has 14 posts and I bet is here to cause disparity. We have to learn from the past. If we had stood behind our great lions (including stupid me); we could be the team qualified. Now we found out how good we were that it was actually too late.

With all respect, you go be ashamed of you! What do you have to be proud of!! These kids went head to head with Islamic tyranny, sanctions, racism, favouritism and entire world against them and came out with their heads up! Go be embarrassed of yourself. I have promised myself to be behind this team 100 percent until next World Cup. Who am I to judges our lions???!!!!
                sigpic
                SUPPORT TEAM MELLI
                IRAN
                - IRAN - ONLY IRAN

IRAN OUT OF AFC NOW!

IRAN WILL ROCK IN ASIA AGAIN IF IRI IS OVERTHROWN... MUBARAK, BIN-ALI, NOW IT IS THE TURN FOR SEID ALI

Comment

Aziz, shoma behtare beri Tennis, Ballet ya Golf Negah koni.

Comment

PLEASE DELETE THREAD
                    sigpic
                    SUPPORT TEAM MELLI
                    IRAN
                    - IRAN - ONLY IRAN

IRAN OUT OF AFC NOW!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam khan View Post
                      I know this won't be popular but here it goes. I'm sorry to say this but despite our heroic performances and results, I'm somewhat embarrassed to be an Iran fan after several aspects of the campaign.

Bieranvand falling pretending he was hit against Spain
                      Beiranvand was stamped on by costa
                      Our players rolling around like crazy pretending they'd been fouled
                      everybody else in all other teams do the same when they were fouled on, including Spanish, Portuguese, Argentinians, Italians, etc
                      Our players arguing with the ref aggressively
                      everybody else in all other teams do the same when they were fouled on, including Spanish, Portuguese, Argentinians, Italians, etc
                      Our supporters going over to the Portugal hotel the night before the match trying to stop them sleeping (!!!?)
                      You should see what English hooligans do. These are hooligans and have nothing to do with you and me or the nation. Every nation has hooligans

Overall I think we lost a lot of sympathy from people who would otherwise have supported us as underdogs.

We were never going to be respected no matter what. Our boys played great football against two top teams and one that has 11 players born and play in Europe. The pundits who make comments about TM also place huge bets on teams because they think they know it all and get pissed off when the team they predicted to lose does not lose.

I only say this as I love the team and don't want us to have a bad reputation.

Compare this to the reputation of Senegal or Japan. Not much cheating... supporters collecting rubbish after the game.

For a proud and noble nation that has been centuries ahead of the rest of the world in terms of civilisation I can't see how it is acceptable for us to act so badly. What have we become?

Sorry but it really disappointed me. We're better than this.
                      You need to open your eyes a bit more and try to see the realities. And don't buy everything those biased lackey pundits say to please their bosses.
                      هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                      نگاه میکنید.
                      sigpic
                      I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Bullshit thread, get outa here!
                        sigpic
                        Perspolis FC / A.C. Milan / FC Bayern Munchen
                        Perspolis

Comment

oomadi harf bezani ridi !!
                          FAGHAT PERSPOLIS

Comment

Again Everyone are entitled to their own opinion.
                            Here is mine: Could it be that you have been influenced by some of the regional commentaries- I suggest you watch el Classico See the amount of feigning and diving that goes on between Real & Barca! You can write a script out of it worthy of a Hollywood Oscar nomination!
                            sigpic
                            Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

We just love over-analyzing every little thing our players do and exaggerating everything. Have you seen players from other teams with their constant diving, b!tching around, nagging, cursing, playing dirty etc.?! Here are just 2 players you might have heard of: Neymar and Ronaldo. Look them up. And while you're at it, look up some El Classico matches too and look how much BS is going on on the pitch.
                              Last edited by Amin_; 06-26-2018, 02:07 AM.
                              Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

Working...
                              X