Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which mistakes did CQ make during WC2018?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was our best Worldcup since we were in the hardest group and
    got 4 point. In my opinion or "worst" match was against
    Maroccs since we were to defensive and had massive
    luck with their own goal. Our best game was against Spain
    since they couldnt create many chances and in the second half we
    played some real football; nutmegs, counterattacks and precise crosses.
    I am not a coach and for sure CQ no much better what he is doing than
    me, but i have the feeling that specially against Portugal we missed
    Ashkan at some point, his dribblings skills and his abilitiy to hold the
    ball upfront to allow our players to join for attack.
    I also feel that Azmoun was good in the air but poor in our counterattacks,
    in his decision making and dribblings. At some point i just wished that CQ
    at least try Gucci for the last 20-15 min.
    When Ghoddus came in he was involved in our two most dangerous attacks during the game.
    He can control the ball give good passes in crucial situation and is very fast. My biggest
    "critic" on CQ as a fan would be, why dont give Ghoddus more playing time.
    I am not sure if the boys were all fit but i expect little more for AJB, more individual
    skills to make dangeroud attacks just the way he did in the Turkey friendly.
    Anyway this team was our best WC-Team because the Team were the star, the players
    believe in their coach, no envy, pure fightingspirit and gheyrat, disciplin and very
    solid defense. But we definitly need to work on our build up game, one touch passes
    to creat scoring chances from an open game.
    We have maybe the best defense in WC but we are def. one of the worst Team in terms of
    succeded passes, creating chances out of combinations and building op the game
    from the defensive with shot passes.
    We need to work on our attacking abilities, that nothing to blame CQ for, we need
    better academies for youth players , conditions, friendlies etc.
    I think Japan and TM are the big fav. to win the Asian Cupe. Iran would
    deserve it the most.

Comment

Milmo was really unlucky to not get playing time. I think CQ used Hajisafi as LB in first match as he wanted to be more offensive and planned to put back Hajisafi in midfield for the next two games but with Omid having a great game, he didn't want to risk changing his lineup and dropping Omid.
      Also some you guys are having way too much expectations from your team. Your team played great in all 3 matches and you should be proud of them. It's not easy to play back to back against Spain and Portugal and still play to win.

Comment

Only tactical error I noticed was starting Masoud in the first game, it didn't cost us though and he soon rectified it. I really don't think there was anything wrong with Ashkan's fitness to prevent him being used, it just became apparent that we can't afford immobile central players like him and Masoud and the midfield three of Ezza, Omid and Vahid became indispensable.

Ghoddos being used more would have been nice but again, for who? Taremi and ARJ are equally as good and earned their place.

Comment

You all act like the central defenders of Portugal and Spain are not GOOD. come onnnnnnn guys. Look at who they play for ....
          Think about it ... Taremi finishes two chances and we are topping the group with 9 points and 3 wins!! WHAT ????
          TAREMI ... who never came up in the youth team ranks ...

Like Mahdavikia said : The PROBLEM is that we don't have the FOUNDATIONS for our talented kids. They play with HEART. Iranians do everything with so much heart you can actually SEE IT. But when it comes to execution, it's about preparation and PRACTICE.

How many friendlies did we have ??
          How many chances did CQ really HAVE to try different formations ?

How many KM's did AZMOUN have to run back to defend and then attack ... especially against Spain.
          Did you watch the Portugal game again ?
          After the penalty save we bombarded their goal for 7 minutes. Their central defenders saved their ass. And we had just as many good chances and breaks in the first half.

Moving forward :
          ** USE Jahanbajsh and Ghoddos in the same positions that they thrive in their clubs. Let them SCORE. Let the other team start having headaches on WHO they gotta watch when we attack. They are like a God-Send for TM . Gucci and Dejagah introduction were the reasons we made it to Brazil . These two can be the reason why we make it to the 2nd round in 2022.
          ** I hope BEIRAVAND moves to a EU league. He has earned it.
          ** Saddest thing about Milmo not playing more, is that he WOULD have shined and he would have got an offer to play abroad.
          ** The criticism of AZMOUN is so ridiculous. Look how many balls he won in the air. If Taremi (or the Ghoddos shot before it) win the game for Iran, we would all be praising Sardar for his flick on header. He did that ALL game. And it was THAT which got us the penalty (which in my view was FIFA giving it to us, since they KNEW the screwed us from an earlier on on Ghoddos push in the box AND the Ronaldo Yellow card).
          ** CQ needs to get a four year contract AND SUPPORT. The Federation need a budget.
          ** IF ONLY something can happen and these fucking sanctions can be lifted, IRAN will now be invited for friendlies all over the world.

The Future is WAY BRIGHTER today in a CLEAR WAY ... than it was a year ago ...
          We played with great heart, resolve and confidence.
          We CAN string passes together. We just need more practice at it against quality opponents.
          SOOOOOOO PROUD OF THIS TEAM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zamboor View Post
            Ghoddos not getting more playing time, he showed yesterday against Portugal that he is a danger to any defence when subbed in
            Completely agree. Ghoddos, among others, should have got more play time, and subbed in sooner!

Comment

I love CQ and hope he stays for a decade longer. So any criticisms I have are tempered by how proud I am of TM and of this legend in our football. The performances he has managed to get out of Amiri, Ebrahimi, Beiro are amazing. But I disagreed with these:

1) What did Milad Mohammadi do to get benched for the three games? It's not just that he is fast and physical, he also has what I think is the best aerial game and jump amongst our defenders despite his actual height. When he came on he hustled like crazy and turned over to us whenever there was a chance round his side ( I was sitting in the corner so saw him). Quaresma's goal started because of Hajsafi's lack of anticipation, Milad gives me a more confident presence in LB over Ehsan.

2) Ghoddos should have come in earlier in all three games, and possibly even started the Portugal one. We need forwards who have experience and confidence with these players and I just feel that his clinical approach to the game could have made a difference

I guess those were the only two big criticisms I had. Other issues (should Gucci have played instead of either Azmoun or Taremi) could be debated either way I guess, my preference would have been for him to come on for Taremi. But the first two points I really think would have made a difference...

In any case, bachaha and CQ motchakerim.

Comment

- Bringing Ashkan. Worst player selection decision I've seen Iran do in WC. Complete waste of spot. At least Khatibi and Enayati were healthy and able to play.

- Keeping Taremi in when we switched to more Attacking football late in the game both against Spain and Portugal.

- Not bringing Kavh which would have helped with pressing football more than Azmoun.

- Not Starting Milmo Against Morocco and Portugal.

- Way too many long balls that just gave away possession.

He did Alot of things right though and gave us a fighting chance.

Comment

the inclusion of Ashkan And Shojaei when they were not fit or game ready. Opportunity should have given to younger and healthy players.

Comment

Working...
                  X