X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sam khan View Post
    AFTER THE GREAT RESULT YESTERDAY...
    I hate to say I told you so but....
    Finally, we actually bring 11 men outside the box and start playing some decent football with proper decent counter ATTACKING from the start and guess what? We actually do well! We actually get a deserved draw and had more decent chances on goal than they did. We totally stunned them. That's what I was talking about. Nice one Carlos!
    What the hell are you talking about??? Did you watch the same game? We played for most of the game with 11 behind the ball! Go back and watch it again.. whenever their back-line was in possession of the ball, we rarely had anyone harassing them, and often they would waltz it up to midfield. Azmoun only gave token pressure, until they reached near midfield! And by the way, I agree with these tactics, wholeheartedly! We play disciplined defense until we NEED to open up.
    Look man.. I've read a few of your posts/threads in these forums, and you are so wrong that I can't help but think you are a troll. Mods.. seriously?

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
      To be fair CQ cannot come off the bench and finish opportunities we have had.
      In those 5 games there were more than enough opportunities to score that were not taken (Azmoun missing a 1v1 vs Morocco, Masoud hitting the bar against Bosnia, Gucci with tons of missed chances va Argentina, Taremi missing a sitter vs Spain, etc.) - the chances were there but they were not taken. You cannot put that on CQ, the style/tactics
      Thank you! CQ strategy the past two World Cups has been spot on, and in fact, the main reason we haven't advanced past the group stage in both 2014 and 2018 is because we lack clinical finishers (at the international level). Seriously guys, the strategy is the same each time.. we bunker and frustrate with great disciplined defense, and then we counter.
      We just have-not-finished!!!

Comment

Working...
      X