Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FIFA World Cup™ Group Stage: Iran - Portugal; Info, Updates & Live Reports (25.06.18)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TAKHTI View Post
    I completely agree with this. Iran were really perfect in terms of everything this tournament and they can be really proud. The ONLY thing missing was a sting upfront. Playing with such tactics (which is understandable) you really need a player who scores from nothing, who creates goals from nothing and they just didn't have that.
    We had something, we had a 1v1 vs Morocco which Azmoun missed, we had the Amiri cross/Taermi header that went over and we had the Taremi miss at the end of the Portugal game. We made chances, didn't have anyone to finish it off.

Comment

My friends and I were crying like Babies 👶 but
      Despite the loss
      I have never been prouder of an Iranian team , ever .
      I love all the boys and what they did for us.
      They made us proud man.
      Bravo Iran 🇮🇷

Comment

If Morroco at least scored 1 chance theyvhad against Portugal, if Taremi scored his header vs Spain, if he did today..
        Ah well. We must be proud but we almost did it..

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk

BARCELONA-IRAAAN-PERSPOLIS
        CITY

Comment

AGAIN AZMOUNS LACK OF PLAYING TIME BITE HIM THE BOOTY....HE IS BIG DISAPPOINEMNT

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
            We had something, we had a 1v1 vs Morocco which Azmoun missed, we had the Amiri cross/Taermi header that went over and we had the Taremi miss at the end of the Portugal game. We made chances, didn't have anyone to finish it off.
            I agree. This is essentially my point. Not only that you really have to take chances like that but even more, to score from nothing with such tactics. And they just couldn't do that...
            Anyway I'm very happy with Iran's showing this time round. Like I said they can be really proud of themselves!

Comment

What a beautiful campaign TM had. The tears explain it all, but the boys left their heart out on the pitch for Iran. I love them so much, and I am proud to call myself a TM fan! We cannot blame anyone for not advancing, but rather thank the CQ and the players for an unforgettable performance throughout these past three games. If the world did not respect us 2014, they sure as hell know who we are now after almost upsetting TWO European Champions, and arguably African's best side. Mamnoonam TM, we love you guys!

Comment

So unfortunate for Taremi be the man that could've topped us in the group on two occasions but didn't. I mean yeah he should've scored both and yeah if it was Gucci or Azmoun or Daei, they probably would've score one of those two. But on the otherside, it's because of Taremi's good placement and reading of the game that he is on the right spot in almost all games. If he would score all his chances he would be playing at Real or Barcelona right now. These misses will probably haunt him for some time tho.

All in all we did much better than we expected the first moment we saw our group. Our team is pretty young this time around and most should be there in 4 years for sure!! Let's just hope that a) we make it to Qatar and b) have some luck with the draw once for god's sake.

Comment

We are just out.

What a story, I give it to the whole team that fought and battled making Ronaldo non-existent. But every story need a hero, for me if I have to single out only one it must be Rezaeian. What a beast.
                  sigpic
                  Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Taremi played amazing overall and had a great WC. Let’s not criticize him over a missed chance here and there.
                    I thought Amiri should’ve been subbed out instead of JB.

Let’s hope our boys get some serious European offers.

Comment

Originally posted by MR.ESTESNAII View Post
                      AGAIN AZMOUNS LACK OF PLAYING TIME BITE HIM THE BOOTY....HE IS BIG DISAPPOINEMNT
                      What's wrong with you guys, Sardar wasn't a disappointment, baba, he is only 23 years old, it was his first World Cup, we played very defensively, today Azmoun has fulfilled his role, he has completely taken William out of the game with his men's cover. Now let the boy alone, he has played against the European champion and the former world champion. Azmoun will need his time, he will make our opponents soorakh soorakh with more confidence and hopefully a new league at the next World Cup.
                      He will show his class already at the Asian Cup, without Sardar we would not be where we were today, we have to thank everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by MR.ESTESNAII View Post
                        What are you on about? He created our only goal with a ball that was way over his head. He played 3 games 90+ minutes with tons of defending. He had very little chance to do anything, and when he did, he was making passes to players. He was great.
                        زن زندگی آزادی

Comment

We were so close to doing it against spain and portugal, which says a lot about our team, with sanctions coming down and cancelling our friendlies and not releasing funds and such, we have come along way, but i want to look forward to asian cup now, can someone open a thread, japan look a revitalised team after i thought they were done, austrailia still look strong and korea has a chance, whats our odds of winning the asian cup in people opinions, and will carlos get a new contract?

Comment

Originally posted by bacheye shahr View Post
                            We were so close to doing it against spain and portugal, which says a lot about our team, with sanctions coming down and cancelling our friendlies and not releasing funds and such, we have come along way, but i want to look forward to asian cup now, can someone open a thread, japan look a revitalised team after i thought they were done, austrailia still look strong and korea has a chance, whats our odds of winning the asian cup in people opinions, and will carlos get a new contract?
                            I hope Carols will renew, but something tells me he will call it quits with Iran, and become the head coach of another team, possibly USA.

Comment

One thing that bothered me with CQ was not calling up Dejagah or Gucci... if he wasn’t going to use them then why not call up younger players like Kaveh or someone else to experience the World Cup

Comment

Taremi has been one of our best players in this WC.
                                In fact all players have been great.
                                Spain and Portugal are very good teams and will both end
                                up in the last 8 or even semis.
                                We were in the wrong group, any other group we
                                would advanced easily.

Comment

Working...
                                X