Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FIFA World Cup™ Group Stage: Iran - Portugal; Info, Updates & Live Reports (25.06.18)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shahname View Post
    There is one thing I don't understand at all. Why on earth did Q take Dejagah and Gucci with him to the WC. And when he did so, why didn't he play them at least in this last match???!!!!
    Could it be he was hoping to use them in the knockout rounds?? Could it be they weren't fully fit? Or how about the man has done a hell of job and we just let him work his magic, Maybe?

Comment

Iran beats the crap out of another top European side, what else is new?

Comment

I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by krol View Post
          I knew it was a dumb idea to read an Eyerainian message board after this game! I freaking knew it! Peace out kids. Go easy on those gamepads.
          Don't let the door hit you in the arse on your way out

Comment

Originally posted by footballeirani View Post
            I do not wish to argue about this really. If you watched the game you would know he lost balls over and over and over again rather easily.

I have bee on this board for a long time. Don't post much as I am probably older than many here and don't really want or need to get into a back and forth argument with hamvatans here. However, I really do enjoy coming here and catching up with the news and reading everyone's take and opinions. That being said, I thought Azmoon played poorly in the first 2 games relative to his work rate and engagement.

I thought today he had a great game. This may have been mentioned here before but if you go back and watch the game you will see that he was given the assignment to shadow Carvalho when Portugal Had the ball. He is the head of the snake and the one who starts the plays that end up feeding Ronaldo feeding the ball. I thought Azmoon did great. He put incredible effort into it and was also very engaged when we attacked. he had Carvalhio totally frustrated.
            my son actually noticed this after few minutes so we ended up focusing on it. pleas all go back and watch this.

just my 2 cents

Comment

Originally posted by Omids View Post
              Taremi has a chance each at the end of each game with spain and portugal to write iranian football history and failed both times. Broke our hearts...
              So much regrets with these taremi fails...If portugal/spain are eliminated quickly or reach the last four it will be more frustrating.
              Anyway we did what we hope to do when the draw occured with a win against morocco a draw against Portugal. Unfortunately the others results didnt help us.

- about Gucci, his short size would have make him easily controled by such high level teams. Azmoun was more suited for these game.

- disappointing WC by Azmoun would put so much pressure on himself with his lazio failed move ,his disappointing season in Russia and his loudly announcement he will leave russia after WC. Good luck for that now!

- I always rate ansarifard lower than Azmoun and co. But his fight to stay in Europe and reach a top club was rewarded. Contrary to Azmoun and specially Taremi who hide themselves in tokhmi league. These taremi misses will haunt us for a long time...

- JB had a Ok wc. Could have been better could have been worse.

- some focus on asian cup which i believe is a joke cup, which will see european clubs without their iranian player during one month, no qualification for the confed cup. Honestly I dont see why is it so important to be the king of tokhmi teams.

- what should be interesting is the summer transfer window. Will the bias against our player continue? If beiranvand and some other dont have serious offer, then football would become the biggest joke ever

- a thought for taj and iff with the work and the decent friendlies we had

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                - what should be interesting is the summer transfer window. Will the bias against our player continue? If beiranvand and some other dont have serious offer, then football would become the biggest joke ever
                It will continue.

Daniel Arzani now linked to Celtic, Ajax and Juventus after putting together a couple of good runs in 20 minutes of football as a sub. And yet crickets for our players. I really think Arzani made the best move for himself professionally to play for AUS because no way would he get the same opportunities now.

Comment

anyone have video of the two takedowns of azmoun and one on AJB in the 18? id like to see again
                  SHOW TIME!

Comment

Football is RIGGED. It's rigged from the top down. FIFA actually controls who plays too. It's an enormously corrupt institution and them actually introducing VAR made this even more clear now. I bet they will get rid of it soon due to them saying it's ineffective or something.

There are no clean refs either, they're all bought and paid for and have strict orders as to their jobs. Before VAR, at least you could use the excuse that oh the ref messed up or didn't see it, bad angle, etc, but can you really say the same with like 10 refs monitoring games now with this VAR system? You're telling me all the refs coincidentally missed the penalties against us today? I don't think so.

There's a clear pattern of FIFA favoring bigger teams (typically European) for whatever reasons, and it's always been like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Omids View Post
                      Taremi has a chance each at the end of each game with spain and portugal to write iranian football history and failed both times. Broke our hearts...
                      He had a golden opportunity near the end of each crucial game, not even counting the handful of other good opportunists.

Its ok though because Israel will not see 25 years from now.

Comment

Originally posted by Piroozi View Post
                        He had a golden opportunity near the end of each crucial game, not even counting the handful of other good opportunists.

Seems like he was really busy and focused on his training last week, just look at his Twitter!

Don’t post bs like that here. That tweet is from over a year ago and he deleted it. Don’t bad mouth our players and their efforts with bs like this. He did his best and created the chances for himself. Another player probably would not even have earned those chances so we can’t speculate like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Saam View Post
                          Don’t post bs like that here. That tweet is from over a year ago and he deleted it. Don’t bad mouth our players and their efforts with bs like this. He did his best and created the chances for himself. Another player probably would not even have earned those chances so we can’t speculate like that.
                          That "bs" is what he posted on his public Twitter and deleted because of backlash. Others should be aware of it. I did get the timelines wrong - yes it was posted earlier and not during the WC camp.

We can't speculate but a striker's job is to put the ball in the back of the net when he has those chances come about. As I said in other threads he fought hard in both games but couldn't finish.

Comment

The Taremi twitter thing is a cheap shot IMO -

One of the most popular players in the country with that many followers - who is to say he wasn't told to retweet that? Not everyone is Masoud Shojaei and there is nothing wrong with that.

Let's even go worse case and assume he did it of his own free will.. He's not a politician or scholar, what does he know? He spent 90% of his life in Buhshehr, that is probably some common line of thinking in those cities. Hopefully the bit of time he has spent outside of Iran now have expanded his horizons and shown him not everything is as is told in Iran.

Comment

Originally posted by Piroozi View Post
                              That "bs" is what he posted on his public Twitter and deleted because of backlash. Others should be aware of it. I did get the timelines wrong - yes it was posted earlier and not during the WC camp.

We can't speculate but a striker's job is to put the ball in the back of the net when he has those chances come about. As I said in other threads he fought hard in both games but couldn't finish.
                              If you “got the timelines wrong” and it’s one year before the World Cup then your point is completely moot. You are accusing him of spending his time doing things like this rather than focusing on his football when that is absolutely not true because we have seen no tweets or distractions from him this campaign and just videos and pictures of hard work in preparation. So yes, therefore, your post is bs.

Comment

No need to discuss this Taremi shit. It is very old news.

Comment

Working...
                                X