Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FIFA World Cup™ Group Stage: Iran - Portugal; Info, Updates & Live Reports (25.06.18)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I gave up on Azmoun. We can't rely on him at the next WC.

Comment

im not mad, just mildly disappointed that we had many chances, but converted almost none. We aren't france or spain, but we are a good side that should be able to convert some of those chances into goals.

Comment

Originally posted by footballeirani View Post
        I do not know if you guys truly realize the magnitude of Taremi's miss. We were about to win the group outright! He had the best chance of the game. It honestly was not going to get better than that.

What a surreal chance. As if god gave us a chance to go down in history books and yet we squandered it away like that.
        I challenge you to try and take that shot against Portugal in such a high stake game. TM played like LIONS and deserve all of our respects. We earned 4 points in the group of death and were in every game which could have gone our way if it wasn't for refs/luck/etc. Hold your head up IRAN and TM!

Comment

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comm...W3&sh=fff658df

^^^ haunting.

Comment

DINK THE FUCKING BALL TO THE OPPOSITE CORNER.

THAT WAS THE CHANCE.

FUCK FUCK FUCK

Comment

Not that it matters now, but our performance in the WC will earn us at least 100 FIFA ranking points and propel us up about 10 spots. Way to go boys, you were fantastic and all of Iran are proud of you!

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                I challenge you to try and take that shot against Portugal in such a high stake game. TM played like LIONS and deserve all of our respects. We earned 4 points in the group of death and were in every game which could have gone our way if it wasn't for refs/luck/etc. Hold your head up IRAN and TM!
                I am not a starter for Teame Melli smartass. Taremi used to miss a ton of chances for Perspolis as well. If you were a red fan this would not have been anything new for you.

I wish Gucci had gotten that chance.

Comment

Both misses by Taremi would have changed both games. Also very dissapointed in the ref and time management (took 5 moinutes for VAR which we did not see come back). All in all thanks to all the TM boys (including Taremi) for fighting for all 3 games. Thanks to Beiravand for protecting Daei's record.
                  زن زندگی آزادی

Comment

Originally posted by IranPuma View Post
                    People on here act like we're Spain or France and we just fucked up royally. Like the whole world predicted us to advance over Portugal and Spain or some shit. What is wrong with some of you? Some teams come to the world cup and get embarassed, but we fought through and through in every game against teams that I'd argue are better than us (yes even Morocco some can argue might be better). Sometimes soccer can be cruel and bad luck is very real. We don't have a Ronaldo or Diego Costa up front. Stop expecting world class goals from players who aren't exactly world class caliber. We put up a better fight than most countries could dream of in the group of death. If you're mad at CQ or Taremi you're a fucking moron. You should be unbelievably proud of these boys and proud to be a fan of Team Melli.
                    I don’t think anyone here thinks we are like Spain or France, but our loss today was unjust and unfortunate. As for being proud of Iran, I would be proud of my nationality even if we lost by 5 goals. We have contributed much more to the world than just football.

Comment

Morocco even helped us

Comment

I can't believe Dejagah and Gucci didn't play. Two players with World Cup experienced, benched

Comment

Originally posted by ilia View Post
                          tarmei showed again and again that he's not team melli starter material
                          He was fantastic this game - yes he missed the chance. But let's not be nah-shokr!

All the boys played excellent.

Comment

We are all obviously disappointed with the end result but in a few days when we get over this disappointment we will look back and realize what a great campaign we had.
                            I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by footballeirani View Post
                              I am not a starter for Teame Melli smartass. Taremi used to miss a ton of chances for Perspolis as well. If you were a red fan this would not have been anything new for you.

I wish Gucci had gotten that chance.
                              I agree. Would’ve loved to see Dejagah and Gucci get one last chance.

Comment

But I think Croatia will win the world cup

Comment

Working...
                                X