No announcement yet.

Your Line-Up Against Portugal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everybody bear in mind that Portugal doesn't neccessarly need to win, a tie will get them through facing two possible opponents that are similar in strength.
    I expect Portugal to play a cautious game to muster at least one point,.. they now know Iran can be very dangerous on counters.

We need more speed up front, I'd start Gucci instead of Ansarifar
    Last edited by Mr.Click; 06-21-2018, 12:32 PM.

ستايشگر آموزگاری هستم که انديشيدن را
    به من بياموزد و نه انديشه ها را. زرتشت

Comment

Vahid "the Machine" Amiri is a must-start.

Beiro
      RR-PAG-Majid-Hajsafi (MilMo)
      Omid--Ezzat--The Machine
      ARJ--Sardar--Taremi

Comment

Beiranvand

Mohammadi - Pouraliganji - M. Hosseini - Rezaeian

Hajsafi (C) - Ezatolahi

Dejagah

Jahanbakhsh - Azmoun - Amiri

Ghoddos in for Amiri when needed, Ebrahimi in case if we need to defend a lead.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
          Beiranvand

Mohammadi - Pouraliganji - M. Hosseini - Rezaeian

Hajsafi (C) - Ezatolahi

Dejagah

Jahanbakhsh - Azmoun - Amiri

Ghoddos in for Amiri when needed, Ebrahimi in case if we need to defend a lead.
          I also thought about the Mohammadi speed on Ronaldos side. Now that he is our most known face because of that Throw-In. Maybe we would see a lot of clips with him shutting CR7 down
          sigpic

Comment

It has been Ramin's dream to face CR for his entire life, and I am not about to deprive him of it now. Plus, imagine all the gherti-bazi Ramin will pull off against CR, that will be worth it in and of itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Click View Post
              Everybody bear in mind that Portugal doesn't neccessarly need to win, a tie will get them through facing two possible opponents that are similar in strength.
              I expect Portugal to play a cautious game to muster at least one point,.. they now know Iran can be very dangerous on counters.

We need more speed up front, I'd start Gucci instead of Ansarifar
              Well said! This is it! CQ knows it too and will most likely go all out with a bang to get to the next stage! Portugal might want to try and do what we did and have CR7 up in front to catch the ball for a quick counter. We Have Hope! We will Go Trough!

Comment

We must play full on our attack forget defending

We need a WIN

Comment

For those saying that we need to play full on attack, I respectfully disagree. That would be playing to Portugal's strength who is molded very similar to our own TM.

You know what's harder than scoring 1 goal? Scoring 2 goals. If Portugal catches us on a counter and scores, TM is virtually doomed as our goal-scoring woes are well-known and scoring 2 goals is tough for TM vs Qatar, let alone Portugal.

We need to come out cautious, and pick our spots on counters and free kicks. If, after a certain amount of time such as the 60th minute, we are still tied, then CQ can push the boys forward.

Comment

beiranvand
                    rezaeian-hosseini-pag-milmo
                    ezzat-ebrahimi
                    jb-ghoddos-amiri
                    azmoon

Comment

Originally posted by ali8karimi View Post
                      beiranvand
                      rezaeian-hosseini-pag-milmo
                      ezzat-ebrahimi
                      jb-ghoddos-amiri
                      azmoon
                      Perfect lineup. I wouldn’t mind Dejagah starting and Ghoddos coming in for him in the 2nd half. I would put Taremi instead of Amiri. We need to go all out for the win.

Comment

CQ isn't going to all of a sudden change his style of play or the formation he has been putting out. As kasra said we would just play into Portugals hands, this will be a very tactical game.

Comment

Same lineup as Iran-Spain except Ghoddos in for Ansarifard.

Beiranvand
                          Rezaeian/Pouraliganji/Hosseini/Hajsafi
                          Ezatolahi/Ebrahimi
                          Taremi/Ghoddos/Amiri
                          Azmoun

Taremi and Amiri have been terrific on the wings and, in my view, earned their starting spots against Portugal. Excluding JB feels odd, but these two guys just fit CQ's system better - less technical, but more physically imposing and useful in defense.

Game plan should remain the same - play compact, frustrate the opponent, and play with pace on the counter-attacks.

Comment

beiro
                            ramin maji paj mimo
                            saeed
                            jb hajsafi amiri
                            taremi azmoun

I love omid and he has played really well, but Hajsafi can help defend and play in the middle with some nice through balls. we need jb.

Comment

Originally posted by Fesenjan View Post
                              Same lineup as Iran-Spain except Ghoddos in for Ansarifard.
                              Beiranvand
                              Rezaeian/Pouraliganji/Hosseini/Hajsafi
                              Ezatolahi/Ebrahimi
                              Taremi/Ghoddos/Amiri
                              Azmoun
                              Taremi and Amiri have been terrific on the wings and, in my view, earned their starting spots against Portugal. Excluding JB feels odd, but these two guys just fit CQ's system better - less technical, but more physically imposing and useful in defense.
                              Game plan should remain the same - play compact, frustrate the opponent, and play with pace on the counter-attacks.
                              I totally agree with you on Amiri and Taremi. I would even say attacking wise, Taremi was the most impressive Iranian player against Spain. He hosteled, dribbled and headed many balls.
                              My lineup is pretty close to yours except I would start Gucci instead of Azmoun and if Ashkan is fit, I would play him instead of Ghoddos. Then depending on the result, Ghoddos could replace any of our attacking players that have run out of gas. Ansarifard could replace Gucci or Jahanbakhsh could be a sub for Amiri.
                              sigpic

Zendeh bad IRAN
                              >-----------------<
                              Marg bar dictator
                              >-----------------<

Comment

The positive we do have is that the opposition won't be able to guess which players we will put out , this will work in our favour. For example with England's you could probably name 10 of the players on the team sheet before it comes out.

Comment

Working...
                                X