Team Melli - Game clock management & tactic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Team Melli - Game clock management & tactic

I watched the game here in Madrid, among bar-goers some fans (of various nationalities) mocked Iranian players, claiming the few occasions of injury or Spain provocation, led to theatrics and time wasting.

Simply put - Do you agree with those that say it's anti-futbol OR are you okay using tactics to manage a game clock & pace?

I understand this is a sensitive topic, I want to be objective on a night that was tough for all of us and put myself in shoes of neutral fans and the footballing community.

6/21 update: To clarify, I avoided the word 'grass rolling' in this poll and didn't want to say that because it ISN'T part of game management per se - i.e. what Beiravand did with Costa altercation and what Rezaein did on a few occasions. It wasn't necessarily all Spanish fans directing insults at TM palyer; lots of neutrals from European countries that thought Iran was wasting time and taking the game out of its rhythm (specially in first half).
    Yes - fine to use such tactics
    0%
    No - it should be avoided
    0%

Ramin needs to cut out all the bs. it's embarrassing.

Comment

I don't like unnecessary diving but I'm okay with the rest
      But I will say it is ironic to hear the Spanish complain about diving

Comment

Spanish players are known as essentially the inventors/innovators and creators of diving. They are also known as having big-time, no-good cheats like Sergio Ramos.

Give me a f'n break.

Comment

Iran played with game plan ! Defend until they score then attack+Defend ! and we did that perfectly ! Had few scoring opportunities but didn't use it well ! Are the spanish people dumb enough to think that we will play openly against spain so they can score 5 - 6 goals ???

Comment

I didn't think it was that bad. I am not that embarassed by it. Rezaian over does it.

I just do not understand why these teams expect us to roll over and let them do what they want. They are so privileged these Western Europeans.

Comment

If Iceland did what we did, they would be praised and labeled all kinds of heroic phrases, but no one likes us, so meh.

Comment

its part if the game!
                CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Game management is an umbrella term that includes a lot of different things, so I don't think a yes/no poll is useful here. I'm all for running down the clock through posession football, tactical fouling or other methods, but the diving and excessive theatrics HAVE to stop. More than anything else that's what has turned global fans who otherwise would have supported us to not just turn away but in some cases outright despise us. But even in practical game management terms it's not effective, so why do it.

Comment

Pot? Meet kettle.

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
                      Pot? Meet kettle.
                      Dig? Meet dig.

Comment

I don't mind controlling the pace of the game as long as you don't resort to grass-rolling. I don't like that crap when Arabs do it us, I'm not going to justify it if we do it to other teams.

Comment

Honestly there was very little diving.
                          And this coming from a team with Costa and Ramos? The haters can f*** themselves.

Comment

Just to clarify, controlling the pace of the game and playacting are two different things. There were a few incidents from our side which I honestly didn't like and if any arab team did the same there would be many comments here.

Also justifying the behaviour because Spain do it is a shit argument. We've never resorted to this stuff in our history and we shouldn't now.

Comment

Watch the game again and see if we were the only ones that did the diving, Spain on number of occasions were diving to get penalties and free kicks around the 18 yard

When you play the master divers (Spain), you need to give them a taste of their own medicine especially when you have a spanish speaking referee officiating
                              چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

Working...
                              X