TOP 3, SUPRISE 3 and FLOP 3 iranian Players at WC18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TOP 3, SUPRISE 3 and FLOP 3 iranian Players at WC18

After 2 games I was wondering who you guys are suprised with, who performed the best and who was a flop?

TOP:
    1. Pouraliganji - Should move to Europe. I sadly think its too late with 26 to get to a really good club. But its enough for some ok leagues like Greece or so.
    2. Ezatolahi - He need to get more playing time in his club and definitly needs some international expirience. He was there today and you could feel him beeing present and having the energy "I AM THE BOSS"
    3. Ebrahimi - Geyrat! One word and nothing more!

SUPRISE:
    1. Cheshmi - No one thought that its possible that we would miss him before the WC, but now after the game against Morocco we were a little bit nervous that he will miss the game against Spain.
    2. Amiri - showing that even playing in IPL with 30 you can explode at a big tournament.
    3. Ansarifard - Actually I am really surprised that he got so many minutes. I thought he will be a 3rd back up as a FW. But it looks like CQ prefers him to many other players and actually I understand why. He is playing in the Midfield and is playing really good against good oponents. He is winning balls and he is fighting!

FLOP:
    1. Jahanbakhsh - I think most of us expected more from a guy who was the best scorerer of Eredivise. I sadly dont remember a good game in TM. But sadly there are a lot of player worldwide who cant perform for their Nationalteams.
    2. Azmoun - He played a weak season in Russia and some of us had the hope that he will find back to good performance at this WC. Perhaps it was not the best to take him to the WC?
    3. Shojaei & Dejagha - Why this 2 players? Shojaei plays way to slow and looks like he has no interest to play. Dejagha wasnt even one time an option in this 2 games and thats sad. I expected at least some mins against Spain... But it looks like he is no ready even for mins.
    sigpic

Sorry but this negativity is not what we need right now, we have to stand behind ALL our players. There are no Flops, just one great team which fights against all the odds, making us proud to be Team Melli fans🙌

Comment

Originally posted by RockyStocko View Post
      Sorry but this negativity is not what we need right now, we have to stand behind ALL our players. There are no Flops, just one great team which fights against all the odds, making us proud to be Team Melli fans🙌
      Where do you see negativity? Azmoun played good today in his role to attack the DM/CB of Spain but still I expacted something more because it could have been his WC.
      sigpic

Comment

I don't see a point of opening such thread. Football has its ups and downs.

All our players put their heart and soul into every match, sometimes they do well sometimes they don't. Some players either had injuries prior to the World Cup and just recovered, others still not 100%. Sometimes strikers try the very best they can to score but nothing seems to go their way eg. Hashemian's number of attempts at scoring versus Mexico in 2006, Dejagah and Gucci's attempts at scoring versus Argentina in 2014.

Sometimes star players have a good tournament and other times not good eg. Daei good in 1996 & 2000 Asia Cup but things did not go well for him at 1998 & 2006 World Cups or Karimi very good in 2004 Asia Cup and nothing seemed to go his way at 2006 World Cup.

The World Cup is the the best tournament to showcase your players so it is very good for players from Persian Gulf Cup (Iranian League) and other Asian leagues to show themselves, players such as Beiranvand, Taremi, Pouraliganji, Ebrahimi and Amiri have done that very well. Cheshmi also surprised all of us in his good performance with Morocco.

One more game to go, 1978 & 1998 & 2006 Team Melli scored 2 goals in each tournament. Under Queiroz we conceded less but also our goalscoring has deteriorated, Ghochannejhad scored our only goal in 2014 and now only goal scored for us was by a Moroccan player! As fans we all love to see our players scoring goals.

Let's hope for the very best in the match with Portugal or at least see some goals for our team. Viva Iran.
        Last edited by Rooyintan; 06-21-2018, 12:18 AM.

Comment

Top 3
          1. Amiri
          2. Beiranvand
          3. PAG

Surprise 3
          1. Amiri
          2. Beiranvand
          3. Cheshmi

Flop 3
          1. Azmoun
          2. Shojaei
          3. AJB

3 most likely to get a call from a top league
          1. PAG
          2. Ezatolahi
          3. Majid Hosseini

Comment

Flops: None
            Surprise: Amiri, Beiranvand, Ebrahimi
            Top: Everyone
            Call from top league: Beiranvand, PAG, Eza

Comment

Let's try to save discussion about flops till after the World Cup shall we?

Comment

Come on guys, i don't think Azmoun had a bad tournament so far, if anyone ever played the game, should realize how hard is to press and win battles as single target forward, specially in very defensive Iran tactic, he was very good today, no complain.

Comment

A bit disappointed at JB and Karim, was expecting more from both of them, but dame hamashon garm,

Comment

Originally posted by AllStarMomo View Post
                    After 2 games I was wondering who you guys are suprised with, who performed the best and who was a flop?
                    TOP:
                    1. Pouraliganji - Should move to Europe. I sadly think its too late with 26 to get to a really good club. But its enough for some ok leagues like Greece or so.
                    2. Ezatolahi - He need to get more playing time in his club and definitly needs some international expirience. He was there today and you could feel him beeing present and having the energy "I AM THE BOSS"
                    3. Ebrahimi - Geyrat! One word and nothing more!
                    SUPRISE:
                    1. Cheshmi - No one thought that its possible that we would miss him before the WC, but now after the game against Morocco we were a little bit nervous that he will miss the game against Spain.
                    2. Amiri - showing that even playing in IPL with 30 you can explode at a big tournament.
                    3. Ansarifard - Actually I am really surprised that he got so many minutes. I thought he will be a 3rd back up as a FW. But it looks like CQ prefers him to many other players and actually I understand why. He is playing in the Midfield and is playing really good against good oponents. He is winning balls and he is fighting!
                    FLOP:
                    1. Jahanbakhsh - I think most of us expected more from a guy who was the best scorerer of Eredivise. I sadly dont remember a good game in TM. But sadly there are a lot of player worldwide who cant perform for their Nationalteams.
                    2. Azmoun - He played a weak season in Russia and some of us had the hope that he will find back to good performance at this WC. Perhaps it was not the best to take him to the WC?
                    3. Shojaei & Dejagha - Why this 2 players? Shojaei plays way to slow and looks like he has no interest to play. Dejagha wasnt even one time an option in this 2 games and thats sad. I expected at least some mins against Spain... But it looks like he is no ready even for mins.
                    Delete this fking thread. Can we stop giving bashing our players? Who are you to even have an opinion? The team did all that They could. We should be behind our players, not bashing them! You think it is easy to defend with 8-9 men and create something for the lonely striker? The only flop here are you guys, you are not the real fans as Carlos Quieroz express it time and time again!!! Good night and have alot of fun bashing your own team, so so persian mentality!

Comment

Even after a fu**ing epic performance today against the pre-tournament favourites, we are bitching and complaining.

Honestly guys, go take your shit elsewhere. It's not appreciated by us real fans. This is exactly who CQ was referring to in his press conference today. There are some "Team Melli fans" who are there to stir shit.

We have so many here and it brings down the quality of the board. Either get on board, or get off the board. I am not speaking from anyone's perspective but my own. We have ZERO to complain about today's game - Spain scored luckily on a deflection and we had a goal (albeit offside) taken away. One of the world's best defensive teams (us), outperformed the Spanish and created more chances on the offensive end against perhaps the best offensive team in the World.

What a travesty - we can't appreciate shit. We didn't appreciate past political leaders either who were bringing our country forward, so we sabotage it and bring back a dinosaur with antiquated and medieval beliefs. It's all related because it's cultural.

Every player has played great. Everyone saw how good Morocco was today vs. Portugal? That's the team we beat. Everyone saw how it took one of the greatest single-man performance ever in a World Cup game (Ronaldo's three goals) vs. Spain, to salvage a point. Most respected pundits were saying that Iran at least deserved a point. We didn't need to have one of the best players ever to get it either, we almost got it as a collective team.
                      Last edited by Tehranto; 06-20-2018, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
                        Even after a fu**ing epic performance today against the pre-tournament favourites, we are bitching and complaining.

Honestly guys, go take your shit elsewhere. It's not appreciated by us real fans. This is exactly who CQ was referring to in his press conference today. There are some "Team Melli fans" who are there to stir shit.

We have so many here and it brings down the quality of the board. Either get on board, or get off the board. I am not speaking from anyone's perspective but my own. We have ZERO to complain about today's game - Spain scored luckily on a deflection and we had a goal (albeit offside) taken away.

What a travesty.

Every player has played great. Everyone saw how good Morocco was today vs. Portugal? That's the team we beat. Everyone saw how it took one of the greatest single-man performance ever in a World Cup game (Ronaldo's three goals) vs. Spain, to salvage a point.
                        Totally agree with you, i think the right thing to do for this board is to ban all the ”so called TM fans”! This is just ridiculous, never happy for anything the team does!

Comment

Originally posted by Shantaram View Post
                          Totally agree with you, i think the right thing to do for this board is to ban all the ”so called TM fans”! This is just ridiculous, never happy for anything the team does!
                          No banning, that's taking away people's platform and we all have a right to express ourselves - but some here have an ulterior motive and that is deride TM and derail our happiness. And the same people talk about not being able to get girls. You don't think it's interconnected? No one likes miserable people - not even miserable people!

You know why we are happy? Cause we have a team that can turn it "on" when it needs to score. Why are we happy? Cause for the first time in a long time, we are not eliminated by the 2nd game of the World Cup. Destiny still in our hands if we beat Portugal.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                            Come on guys, i don't think Azmoun had a bad tournament so far, if anyone ever played the game, should realize how hard is to press and win battles as single target forward, specially in very defensive Iran tactic, he was very good today, no complain.
                            Azmoun was lazy off the ball. This isn't a new problem either, been going on for a year now.
                            Originally posted by Tehranto View Post

We have so many here and it brings down the quality of the board. Either get on board, or get off the board. I am not speaking from anyone's perspective but my own. We have ZERO to complain about today's game - Spain scored luckily on a deflection and we had a goal (albeit offside) taken away. One of the world's best defensive teams (us), outperformed the Spanish and created more chances on the offensive end against perhaps the best offensive team in the World.

What a travesty - we can't appreciate shit. We didn't appreciate past political leaders either who were bringing our country forward, so we sabotage it and bring back a dinosaur with antiquated and medieval beliefs. It's all related because it's cultural.

Every player has played great. Everyone saw how good Morocco was today vs. Portugal? That's the team we beat. Everyone saw how it took one of the greatest single-man performance ever in a World Cup game (Ronaldo's three goals) vs. Spain, to salvage a point. Most respected pundits were saying that Iran at least deserved a point. We didn't need to have one of the best players ever to get it either, we almost got it as a collective team.

It's completely possible to acknowledge the great effort Iran put as team, and also point out individual poor performances such as Sardar's.
                            Last edited by The; 06-20-2018, 06:45 PM.

Comment

BTW, Mehdi Taremi ran over 11km and Amiri was 2nd with most KM run.

Incredible.

Comment

Working...
                              X