No announcement yet.

Sardar: I may leave TM after the WC2018 if Iranians are not happy with me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I definitely see where you are coming from, and understand what you mean (although dont 100% agree) - But was the 1 on 1 chance that Azmoun failed to score vs Morocco because of CQ?
    When people say "form is temporary, class is permanent", what i understand from this expression is that the talent, intelligence and skills of a player doesn't disappear over-night. But his conditioning, health, physicality and ESPECIALLY his self-confidence can.
    The latter part has been IMO his biggest problem.
    Of-course the WC is a special event, but when you look at some of our other players and look at their performances.. Players who play in the domestic league.. out-performing one of our supposed "stars" it does ring alarm bells, but I wish all the best for Azmoun and hope he realizes that he CAN play better and that is a really good player.. He just needs to believe in it a bit more.

Originally posted by Babak agha View Post
    It would be really harsh to do such thing. First of all because it's CQ that makes Iran play in way that even if you would put Zlatan upfront ur wouldn't be able to anything special.
    Second of all, if he's having a mental break down, instead of helping him, make it even worse by subbing him could really kill his career for a while.

Regardless of this WC, we need Azmoun the coming years and we highly need him! Making him doubt himself even more isn't a wise idea in my opinion.

Comment

^So you are saying intelligence and quality can't disappear (Azmoun is still a quality player) but self confidence can. So now let's not boost our best player's confidence but take that little he has now away as well.. How does that make sense?

Secondly, the chance Azmoun had is not what you call a 1 on 1, there were clearly other players in the box, preventing him to move around freely. Was it a big chance? Yes!
      But, and now this is really important, please name me a player that scores on every big chance they have gotten. Do we have such a player in our team? Does Spain have one? Is there any team in this world cup that has one? Has there ever been a player in the history of football that was able to do that?

Comment

Originally posted by Babak agha
        Has there ever been a player in the history of football that was able to do that?
        The real Ronaldo (Brazil), Romario.

They would finish such chances and 1v1's 99 out of the 100 times. But then you're speaking about 2 of the best forwards the game has ever seen.
        Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pedram123 View Post
          I´d like to ask you a question though.
          When you watched Sardar play in the last 2 matches - Did you see a player that was full of confidence?
          Absolutely full of confidence!
          And I am glad CQ and me have the same opinion of him!

PS: And I am not a Video Psychologist loool
          CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Amin_ View Post
            The real Ronaldo (Brazil), Romario.
            They would finish such chances and 1v1's 99 out of the 100 times. But then you're speaking about 2 of the best forwards the game has ever seen.
            Amin jan as you know they both played for PSV and they both missed their fair share.....however, indeed (not accounting for the "morde khor types" as these two created their own chances as well and would usually dribble before scoring) their success ratio was amazing!

I would argue that this was even a bigger chance that Azmoun's

Comment

I raise statements, and ask questions, I don't do more then that. When you say such things you are putting words in my mouth. Again - The world is not Black & white.
              We/I can support a player although not think he has performed to his level. I am never, and i mean never an advocate of writing nasty messages to our players or harrasing them before/during or after the match.
              On the other hand, I am ok with giving opinions in a respectful manner in a football forum.

Regarding your second point you raise a very good point. Top strikers can miss such chances, in fact, top top players like Messi and Ronaldo can miss such chances.
              BUT... I am not a psychologist although i have studied and read about Human behavior in the past... and I got the impression that he could have done beter if he was more confident.
              Even Messi seems to be suffering from a slight lack of confidence (pressure seems to have gotten to him), and if you think i utter garbage, go listen to the analysts, pundits and commentators, who unlike when it comes to Iran, shouldn't have a bias towards Messi.
              At the end of the day, your facial expression and body posture reveal allot about how you are feeling, without actually verbally saying how you are feeling.

I might be wrong, I don't claim that I am right, but that this is the impression that I got - It´s nothing to feel ashamed of because it´s a human trait, and all footballers/athletes go through it at some point.

Originally posted by Babak agha View Post
              ^So you are saying intelligence and quality can't disappear (Azmoun is still a quality player) but self confidence can. So now let's not boost our best player's confidence but take that little he has now away as well.. How does that make sense?

Secondly, the chance Azmoun had is not what you call a 1 on 1, there were clearly other players in the box, preventing him to move around freely. Was it a big chance? Yes!
              But, and now this is really important, please name me a player that scores on every big chance they have gotten. Do we have such a player in our team? Does Spain have one? Is there any team I'm this world cup that has one? Has there ever been a player in the history of football that was able to do that?

Comment

Originally posted by saeed_noro View Post
                wallah man ke as sardar azmoun bishtar doidam tu russia....he have to attack also in defense mode. not just waiting for crosses to head in masalan..
                But that's just not the case what you're saying. He did run and hustle. He did exactly what he was meant to do. How many strikers in a defensive system would cover short of 10km in a match ?

I don't understand peoples' expectations

Comment

Sardar’s voice after the game vs spain

https://varzeshvideo.com/?p=23459

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Adesor Vafaseya View Post

Heartbreaking. We need to support him and I am glad people at @GolBezan are compiling videos of support and love to Sardar Azmoun. They will deliver it to him.

He is one of our best strikers ever. Yes, he needs to have thicker skin, but he is a kid from a simple village - remember that.

Comment

Really heartbreaking, Ashke manam dar avord. Time to give our brothers in arms some love and support. Hamishe Sardar ma hasti😍🇮🇷😘❤️

Comment

Sadder needs to stay off the social media and only focus on his work. Fuck what “mardom” think!

Comment

Originally posted by Pedram123 View Post
                          I raise statements, and ask questions, I don't do more then that. When you say such things you are putting words in my mouth. Again - The world is not Black & white.
                          We/I can support a player although not think he has performed to his level. I am never, and i mean never an advocate of writing nasty messages to our players or harrasing them before/during or after the match.
                          On the other hand, I am ok with giving opinions in a respectful manner in a football forum.

Regarding your second point you raise a very good point. Top strikers can miss such chances, in fact, top top players like Messi and Ronaldo can miss such chances.
                          BUT... I am not a psychologist although i have studied and read about Human behavior in the past... and I got the impression that he could have done beter if he was more confident.
                          Even Messi seems to be suffering from a slight lack of confidence (pressure seems to have gotten to him), and if you think i utter garbage, go listen to the analysts, pundits and commentators, who unlike when it comes to Iran, shouldn't have a bias towards Messi.
                          At the end of the day, your facial expression and body posture reveal allot about how you are feeling, without actually verbally saying how you are feeling.

I might be wrong, I don't claim that I am right, but that this is the impression that I got - It´s nothing to feel ashamed of because it´s a human trait, and all footballers/athletes go through it at some point.
                          So Azmoun misses a bit of confidence right now, we could agree on that, however what follows next? We should sub him to make our best striker/player lose all confidence? That was my question. How will not starting him help him regain his confidence right now and how would it benefit us not start him, as he has shown time after time that he is by far our best striker these last couple of years.

Wouldn't be more logical to try and boost his confidence and hope for the best against Portugal?

Comment

It's difficult to be a lone striker that is actually alone. Sardar was given nothing to work with in such a defensive game plan. I expected Queiroz to give him a striking partner after we went don't.

One of the Greatest Legends Iran Football Ever Saw!
                            Team Melli: 1993-2010, Thank You Karim Bagheri.

18 titles, five European Cups - is Chelsea a bigger club?

Comment

I’m going to get bashed for this but this is pathetic. As a human level I of course feel bad for him but come on dude ffs. We’re on the eve of our biggest game in our history and our best player is throwing a fit over Instagram comments on his first game and we have to babysit him.

In all my years of watching football I’ve never seen anything like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pouya View Post
                                I’m going to get bashed for this but this is pathetic. As a human level I of course feel bad for him but come on dude ffs. We’re on the eve of our biggest game in our history and our best player is throwing a fit over Instagram comments on his first game and we have to babysit him.

In all my years of watching football I’ve never seen anything like this.
                                he is young and needs to mature more!
                                but right now, if he is our hope vs Portugal, I don’t mind babyseating him now! later we deal with maturity issue

Comment

Working...
                                X