No announcement yet.

Iran vs Spain [Post-match discssion]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CQ was a self-serving clown that only cared about getting respectable results so he personally doesn't look bad. He had a chip on his shoulder and was out to prove everyone around him wrong about his abilities. Obviously that didn't work well for him in Colombia when he lost 6-1 to Ecuador and was launched out of South America to Africa. Defensive genius my ass.

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
      Under CQ, we almost beat the likes of Argentina, Spain, and Portugal and put those 3 teams in great danger and under pressure! Those are Pot 1 level teams! I don't care about no stats.
      Under Skokic, we can't even manage to beat Algeria's B squad.
      It's so funny, the year the Detroit Lions lost all 16 of their regular season games, they won all their preseason games. CQ was a clown. You're putting too much emphasis on the preeminence of a friendly game.

Comment

Originally posted by somebuffguy View Post
        CQ was a self-serving clown that only cared about getting respectable results so he personally doesn't look bad. He had a chip on his shoulder and was out to prove everyone around him wrong about his abilities. Obviously that didn't work well for him in Colombia when he lost 6-1 to Ecuador and was launched out of South America to Africa. Defensive genius my ass.
        So does that explain how so many of our players started playing in Europe and completely revamped Team Melli from the ground up. Go take a look at the Team Melli roster during the 2011 Asian Cup, it's actually quite laughable compared to the team we have now.
        He kept pushing for players to play in Europe and improved their careers. Guys like Taremi would've likely been stuck in Iran or Qatar if it wasn't for him.. Guys like Ghayedi may have already moved to Europe if CQ was around then rotting in UAE Mall League.
        Please appreciate the wonders that CQ did for Iranian football.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
          You don't operate in the realms of reality, dude.

It's so frustrating going in circles again and again and again....
          No you do. Keep insulting. I've asked you to avoid my posts if you feel so strongly Dr jan. Velkon baba. Reality aren't the stats I guess. To some reality is our subjective opinions and memories. Google the Spain match...see what fans who are not TM fans say about the game. Most notable is the messed up throw in that is commented on 4 years later.

Case in point. This is from 1 day ago about Iran Spain:

https://www.sportbible.com/football/...d-cup-20220619

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
          Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by sam20 View Post
            Stats don't lie, but they don't tell the whole truth either.

You must read between the lines.

We had very little possession - This is the name of the game under Carlos Querioz. He does this on purpose and it worked very well considering we only lost due to a pure lucky deflection and easily could have earned a piont from this match.

No shots on target - well this can happen when you don't have much possession, and the couple of good chances you have, barely miss the target. It's not like this stat means we didn't have great chances that we barely missed, like Taremi's header, Ansarifards good shot hit side netting, Ezzatolahi's goal called back, Taremi in the box early on in the match with tons of space but thought he was offside - these are all dangerous opportunities created by us, even if they didn't end with shots on target.

lol and a throw in? - I won't even comment on that as it's not relevant to whether we did well vs Spain under CQ, etc. with all due respect!

I understand where you're coming from with the stats not "looking great" - I will always argue that the stats DO NOT necessarily tell the WHOLE truth when it comes to how well a team played in a football match.

I'll always say you Gotta read between the lines.
            What lines? You play soccer to win...not draw or lose. How can you win without a shot on net?

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post

I would prefer that than getting embarrassed by Algeria's B-Team.
            I would argue playing the way we did against Spain was worst than losing a friendly to Algeria B. Even then losing to Algeria B is better than what we did against Orlando Pirates B team...lol

Anyways here is a neutral commentary on the match:

By any statistical measure, Spain dominated Iran in Kazan Wednesday night. Spain controlled 78 percent of possession. Spain took 18 shots to Iran’s seven, five on target to Iran’s zero. Spain took three times as many corner kicks as Iran.

Yet when the referee blew his whistle to end a 1-0 Spain victory, the all-world Spanish players must have breathed an enormous sigh of relief. Iranian players collapsed onto the turf all around them, disconsolate at not having earned at least a draw.

The teams’ game plans were unsurprising to anybody who had watched Spain this decade or had seen Iran’s dreadful and undeserved victory over Morocco in their first game. Iran sat back, frequently putting all 11 men behind the ball, and Spain continually probed for a breakthrough.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/20/s...n-vs-iran.html

I don't blame our fans for rosy lenses. We are fans. Passion and love of TM skews things. But CQ failed in 2 WC. 8 years. How many NT coaches get 8 years. When was his last success?

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
              Anything from a rosy colored lenses looks good. Stats suggest otherwise. No shots on Target. We also had the ball less than 20 minutes entire 90 min match.[ATTACH]19159[/ATTACH]

And who can forget this? Called worst throw in all time! Yadesh bekheir we went to lose aberoomandaneh instead of trying to win.
              https://youtu.be/X2-9n2OuXyM

O-zone jan, obviously the "Pro CQ, anti skocic" crowd don't think they have a rosy colored glass on. But I ask all the people that see things in such black and white way to ask themselves one simple question? What would have they said if Milad Mohammadi had attempted that throw-in after many years of playing for Skocic and following a two month camp under Skocic before the WC? Be honest. "Skocic is a clown, he has no control over his players... this is what skocic is teaching them in training camps... etc...."

I swore to god, CQ is no prophet and Skocic is not as bad as you all think. Please stop seeing everything in black and white and enter the gray zone. We need to start supporting TM from here on out...

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
                So does that explain how so many of our players started playing in Europe and completely revamped Team Melli from the ground up. Go take a look at the Team Melli roster during the 2011 Asian Cup, it's actually quite laughable compared to the team we have now.
                He kept pushing for players to play in Europe and improved their careers. Guys like Taremi would've likely been stuck in Iran or Qatar if it wasn't for him.. Guys like Ghayedi may have already moved to Europe if CQ was around then rotting in UAE Mall League.
                Please appreciate the wonders that CQ did for Iranian football.
                I am not saying he didn't make positive impacts on Iranian football but it is important to distinguish between the natural evolution of Iranian football and the improved iterations that it carried vs attributing all the improvements to one coach. That's just not realistic.

Comment

What lines? You play soccer to win...not draw or lose. How can you win without a shot on net?

An own goal by the other team lol it's technically possible

Comment

Originally posted by somebuffguy View Post
                    An own goal by the other team lol it's technically possible
                    True but even then you need to create and pressure cause no one is gonna walk up and score on their own net out of petty for you lol. We saw that luck happen for us against Morocco.

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
                      O-zone jan, obviously the "Pro CQ, anti skocic" crowd don't think they have a rosy colored glass on. But I ask all the people that see things in such black and white way to ask themselves one simple question? What would have they said if Milad Mohammadi had attempted that throw-in after many years of playing for Skocic and following a two month camp under Skocic before the WC? Be honest. "Skocic is a clown, he has no control over his players... this is what skocic is teaching them in training camps... etc...."

I swore to god, CQ is no prophet and Skocic is not as bad as you all think. Please stop seeing everything in black and white and enter the gray zone. We need to start supporting TM from here on out...
                      This is my belief as well. We need to try and be reasonable and objective. Imagine if Skocic made those obscene gestures at the touch line. What would folks say?

We blame Skocic and praise CQ for virtually the same types of outcomes and actions. No coach goes without losses and wins. None are immune to criticism. But we need to be sensible and reasonable. Many players have made moves to Europe or bigger clubs since CQ. It can't all be credited to him. It's just not reality. CQ owes us nothing. We can thank him for 8 years but we alo need to evolve and progress. If Skocic is gone one day I would like to see S. American influence on our game.

Comment

If Skocic is gone one day
                        30 November 2022. Just in time for the holidays.

Comment

This is my belief as well. We need to try and be reasonable and objective. Imagine if Skocic made those obscene gestures at the touch line. What would folks say?

We blame Skocic and praise CQ for virtually the same types of outcomes and actions. No coach goes without losses and wins. None are immune to criticism. But we need to be sensible and reasonable. Many players have made moves to Europe or bigger clubs since CQ. It can't all be credited to him. It's just not reality. CQ owes us nothing. We can thank him for 8 years but we alo need to evolve and progress. If Skocic is gone one day I would like to see S. American influence on our game.

I agree that he acted like a boy and his behavior was intolerable when he acted like a teenager. That said, that said, I wonder how much someone can deal with the IFF ghabl az inke asaabesh be ham berize lol

Comment

Originally posted by tooleh khers View Post
                            Yikes. And people want this back? And this is supposed to be one of our better games LOL. 216 passes! is this not bekesh ziresh football?!
                            Not sure you've got the meaning for the term "bekesh ziresh" football, champ 🤣🤣

Comment

Interestingly, we got exactly what we were wanting in 2008...
                              http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...74#post1091674
                              In my humble opinion being able to play an organized game specially in defense requires cool headed, smart players who have decent ball handling abilities and can keep possession which is the exact opposite of giving it straight away as it is in "bekesh ziresh". Even if you're not so good with the ball, leave the ball distribution to those who are better, like defensive mids.

Let's call this footballing IQ and in this, I'm afraid our whole current defense line combined have very little of.

This was the era when the Persian Gulf states were becoming as stronger and in some cases stronger than us in terms of controlling the tempo of the game.

It took so much work to get to the level of organisation we reached at the time of the 2018 world cup. It's just sad to think how this isn't appreciated.

I do wonder how old some members are, whether they remember iranian football before the 2000s?

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                                Interestingly, we got exactly what we were wanting in 2008...
                                http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...74#post1091674
                                In my humble opinion being able to play an organized game specially in defense requires cool headed, smart players who have decent ball handling abilities and can keep possession which is the exact opposite of giving it straight away as it is in "bekesh ziresh". Even if you're not so good with the ball, leave the ball distribution to those who are better, like defensive mids.

Let's call this footballing IQ and in this, I'm afraid our whole current defense line combined have very little of.

This was the era when the Persian Gulf states were becoming as stronger and in some cases stronger than us in terms of controlling the tempo of the game.

It took so much work to get to the level of organisation we reached at the time of the 2018 world cup. It's just sad to think how this isn't appreciated.

I do wonder how old some members are, whether they remember iranian football before the 2000s?
                                Ball distribution???? We had 216 passes against Spain. What do you call a game with 216 passes, bekesh ziresh or building from the back???

Comment

Working...
                                X