Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by persiandream View Post
    Good game at all..
    But embarrissing that throw in Mess by milad idiotmadi!!!
    Everyone making fun of it instead of Talking about the good tm Performance!!!
    Just throw in the last 30 Seconds!!! Why i mean really wtf!!!
    I wouldn’t put the blame on MiMo at all, this is where we lack EXPERIENCE. What I have noticed is that such people look for things to make fun of, if MiMo had done a normal throw, they would have probably taken issue with our defensive scramble where bodies were literally on the line, or Beirandvand exaggerating Diego Costa stamping etc...
    ——————-
    I have similar feelings already mentioned in this thread regarding the players and the game played. However, putting aside our inspiring performance today which will surely only inspire younger players in Iran. We need to stop hyping such countries, such excessive glorifying only adds another psychological barrier for our boys.
    Now regarding international praise, what I found disappointing was the poor half-time review of our team, ITV had brought in Patrice Evra, Ian Wright, Milic, Roy Keane... they implied that the Iranian players were cheating with their antics. Iran’s tactically solid defensive performance was watered down to as being a desperate attempt of parking the bus to keep Spain out. I have never seen such a crappy one-sided review in my life. When Iceland did the exact same thing against Argentina they were applauded and commended. While the post-match review was slightly better it was still no way as positive. F*** ‘em

Bloody proud of Team Melli, parcham balas.
    Last edited by jahandoost; 06-21-2018, 03:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jahandoost View Post
      I wouldn’t put the blame on MiMo at all, this is where we lack EXPERIENCE. What I have noticed is that such people look for things to make fun of, if MiMo had done a normal throw, they would have probably taken issue with our defensive scramble where bodies were literally on the line, or Beirandvand exaggerating Diego Costa stamping etc...

——————-

I have similar feelings already mentioned in this thread regarding the players and the game played. However, putting aside our inspiring performance today which will surely only inspire younger players in Iran. We need to stop hyping such countries, such excessive glorifying only adds another psychological barrier for our boys.

Now regarding international praise, what I found disappointing was the poor half-time review of our team, ITV had brought in Patrice Evra, Ian Wright, Milic, Roy Keane... they implied that the Iranian players were cheating with their antics. Iran’s tactically solid defensive performance was watered down to as being a desperate attempt of parking the bus to keep Spain out. I have never seen such a crappy one-sided review in my life. When Iceland did the exact same thing against Argentina they were applauded and commended. While the post-match review was slightly better it was still no way as positive.
      I agree. I saw the BBC highlights, and they were much better than the ITV pundits. The BBC radio commentary was full of praise of Iran, saying Iran were very unlucky

Bilic was better than Wright,Evra & Keane who's very bitter about his relationship with Quieroz. In the commentary for ITV, Tydsley was praising Iran defensively & Hoddle said 'you can't blame Iran for playing like this, it's commendable and deserves respect' .

I loved Keane as a player, but as a pundit, he's so fickle. He said 'defending is the easiest part of the game'. He was manager of Ipswich,Sunderland & Ireland. He can remind us all how defensive he played, and if he ever played 'expansive' football.

WE LOVE YOU IRAN.. Now let's beat Portugal to shut all the doubters up. It will be some story to knock Ronaldo out of the competition. It will be tough..
      I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

In german press they are saying how difficult it's going to be for portugal to beat iran. Team Melli again showed the world who they are. But CQ is really masterminding everything. The nike issue, the friendly games issue... don't be surprised if next time we gonna have some decent friendlies and are officially sponsored by adidas or puma. CQ is preparing the next 4 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Ari View Post
          In german press they are saying how difficult it's going to be for portugal to beat iran. Team Melli again showed the world who they are. But CQ is really masterminding everything. The nike issue, the friendly games issue... don't be surprised if next time we gonna have some decent friendlies and are officially sponsored by adidas or puma. CQ is preparing the next 4 years.
          But even if Portugal draw to Iran, we are out
          I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

This is how the BBC audience/readers rated the players:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44515077

Amiri was man of the match and they make a point that all of Iran's 14 players and 3 Spanish players got higher ratings than Costa, the official FIFA MoM

Comment

Full match in HD and ITV/BBC commentary and opinion panel made of Roy Keane, Patrice Evra, Slaven Bilic and Iran Wright:

https://lasthl.com/iran-vs-spain-highlights-full-match/4/

Quite rightly, they're very critical of the play antics, the same problem we have with Gulf Arab teams so I hope we don't see any more of this in the Portugal match.
              Last edited by Bi-honar; 06-21-2018, 04:17 AM.

Comment

Now that we lost, we should look at the Portugal game this way:

We have a final match and as preperation for this match we played a "friendly" match against Spain, a game which should give us a lot of confidence!
                Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

We as fans have to give mroe for TM, these boys are fighting for our country despite all the lack of the neccesary resources to be able to prepare them for such games. Wish there was a way we could all make a little clip of ourselves only Thanking them and make a compilation of that and send to Teammelli instagram so they see how much their performance was influencing us as fans. This would motivate them more and more. and maybe keep CQ another 4 years

Comment

What we need is a better offensive tactics, i feel like the players make a lot of wrong decision on the offensive side of ball. We have the skills players but not the internal chemenstry, even though it was way better against Spain compared to the first game against Marocco.
                    A free and reborn Iran without organized religion and rooted in its true herritage and values

Comment

Originally posted by HuSsAiN View Post
                      But even if Portugal draw to Iran, we are out
                      If we draw Portugal and Marco defeat spain by 2-0
                      we would be in due to goal difference right?

Comment

Originally posted by PersianPrins View Post
                        What we need is a better offensive tactics, i feel like the players make a lot of wrong decision on the offensive side of ball. We have the skills players but not the internal chemenstry, even though it was way better against Spain compared to the first game against Marocco.
                        Exactly this is my main critic on TM. We had that problem
                        even in our preperation games. Our attacks have so much
                        potential but then we screw everything up with a wrong pass
                        or bad positioning.

Comment

Looking on Reddit and Twitter we seemed to have made a great impression in the second half with a lot of our players receiving praise. Refreshing after all the anti-football comments from before

Comment

Originally posted by Philosophy_King View Post
                            Correct. There is a very, very small chance that Iran advances with a draw against Portugal:
                            If Morocco defeats Spain by a goal difference of 2. VERY UNLIKELY.

This is also the only scenario where Portugal and Iran can advance from the group together, eliminating Spain.

Comment

I'm sure Vahid Amiri is going to get a huge contract from some Qatari teams after team world cup. Our boy is about to cake. I wish he was younger, because then we would see him in europe for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Philosophy_King View Post
                                Yeah.. but that's very unlikely, I'll be surprised if Spain lose by 2.

Comment

Working...
                                X