Iran vs Spain [Post-match discssion]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kaveh Ahangar View Post
    Having watched Iran at world cups since 1998, personally I rank this as our best performance of all time.

We shouldn't forget the might of the opposition our team faced today, and how well they acquitted themselves.

They put up such a good fight, really proud of each and every one of them.
    AND Its still not over yet

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
      Cna you post links to interviews? F these bitches.glad no barca players. Arroganxe is a Real Madrid thinf
      Bahoosh Alba Barca bazi minkooneh sadly

Comment

This is the best way of losing. Losing while fighting!

Comment

I think Beiro is getting attention from European clubs.

Comment

unlucky

Luck is part of the game and we were unlucky today.
            I don't understand people hating on azmoun. He played well today. He won aerial battles, held up the ball, had good touches. Him drawing attention allowed taremi to have chances. Like Daei in 98. we didn't have anyone to feed poor azmoun.
            our disallowed goal. It seemed to be offsides and there seemed to be a handball, but there was also contact in the box. Majid Hosseini I think fell down and I believe ramos almost stepped on him. Was it a penalty? I haven't seen anyone mention the penalty possibility. It doesn't matter now.

Comment

i wonder if all the people who wanted us to "win in style" are happy about this loss. guess they'd rather play good and loose than play like shit and win.
              SHOW TIME!

Comment

Originally posted by AIrani View Post
                Wrong. Ali Daie missed a similar header in 2006 WC.
                I think he meant Daie at his prime.

Comment

Dani Carvajal on Iran: "That's not football. It's a betrayal."

Easy to say when you're part of the more entitled team.

https://twitter.com/MiguelDelaney/st...47985422696449

--------

What the hell is wrong with this monkey?
                  What a tool. He’s just pissed at Amiri beasting him all game

Comment

What can I say. I was not expecting that performance, especially what I saw in the 2nd half. This performance for me ranks way higher than even the Argentina game. A big thank you to CQ and the boys.

I watched it with about 200 other Iranians in London. After the goal we reached ecstasy for a minute and the place exploded but sadly it was short-lived

After the game a lot of English people on the streets congratulated us for the game and they said we deserved points and that they were rooting for us.

Let's hope for the best in the Portugal game.

Comment

Originally posted by val View Post
                      Next game Ghochanejad, Dejagah and ghodus should be brought in to play from the start, ghodus and taremi can sub each other
                      Its time to bench azmun, ansarifard from the start as clearly they can not deliver

Although Karim Ansarifard has been exceptional but our team lacks creativity and players like dejagah and ghodus can make up for that problem
                      Totally agree with you! We need more creativity and options upfront.
                      I heavily miss Dejagah although he had a harsh injury i trust this
                      guy! Azmoun was very poor, he lacks some dribblings skills to
                      hold the ball so that other players join the attacks. Dejagah
                      is the perfect guy for that!
                      Ghoddus is fast, intelligent and technical strong, i am pretty sure that he
                      would have done much better in the sitaution from the first half when
                      Taremi had the opportunity for promesing attack but couldnt realise
                      that he is not offside.
                      I am sure that we could have tie or even win this game against spain.
                      Some notes on the game:
                      1) One could see that the spaniards were not prepare for TM. I guess
                      they had very little preparation and information about TM, the only
                      thing the knew was, that we will park the bus and that we will try
                      to score on standards. TM was much better prepared (tactically)
                      for this game.
                      2) Amiri was our best offensive player. He has good stamina, strong sprints
                      and some great dribbling skills (Pique nutmeg). Hope that he will show
                      the same performance against Portugal.
                      3)I belive that Gucci would have done better in this game than Azmoun.
                      Azmoun lacks the killer instinct, positioning game and dribbling skills.
                      Gucci desverve to get the start against Portugal.
                      4)Our Team was afraid in the first 60 min of the game. After the goal
                      they just realize that they can hurt spain and gain confidence.
                      If we would have more friendlies against big nations like Germany,
                      Brazil, Belgium etc. we could deal better with such games from
                      a psychological perspective.
                      5) We could add pressure on Spain if CQ would have brought
                      AJB and Ghoddus earliert into the game.
                      My Lineup against Portugal:
                      ------------Beiro----------
                      Rezaian--PAG- Hosseini-MiMo
                      --------Ezzatolahi----------
                      ---Dejagah------Ghoddus---
                      AJB------------------V.Amiri
                      --------Gucci--------------
                      possible sub: Ghoddus--> Taremi, Gucci-->Azmoun,
                      Karim-->Dejagah.

Comment

What a game - disciplined, hard-fought and nearly flawless performance from Iran and absolutely one of the best matches Team Melli has ever played, also one of CQ's best tactically. I was and am very proud, dame hamashoon garm.

And I will say that after watching this match, I am hoping to and counting on seeing the very best match of all time on Monday against Portugal.

Needless to say, it was a pretty devastating loss for me to the point I couldn't even talk after the match - went for a walk in our little town only to be surrounded by Spanish fans although the celebrations were very subdued - they were just happy to have got 3 points from a tough match rather than being ecstatic after a great performance.

We were indeed unlucky in this match... first time with that bounce off Costa and then with the slightest of touches from PAG's hand on Iran's disallowed goal - we could have used the VAR in the last WC against Argentina, instead it came back to haunt us in this WC!!!

I obviously didn't comment on the match and few comments after reading all of the others:

Originally posted by Farhad21 View Post
                        Was it offside guys?????!!!! Im really sad if it wasn’t
                        Originally posted by PEJ View Post
                        It was offside. EzZ was originally in good position, but the first deflection ended up putting him offside.
                        There was no offside. Although Hosseini was in an offside position he did not touch the ball and Ezi was perfectly onside. The problem was that PAG touched the ball with his hand before it got to Ezi.

The linesman never lifted his flag for offside and the ref. never saw the hand-ball because it was the smallest bit of touch. But unfortunately, it was discovered in the VAR review when they were checking to make sure there was no offside.

Silly mistake from PAG that I don't think was intentional, nor did he change the direction of the ball but still it cost us what would have been one of the most valuable and memorable goals of the World Cup and a point that may prove to be very important.

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
                        The only thing I have to say is I don’t want to see anyone speaking negatively about Amiri ever again. Some of the comments about him before the WC were embarrassing
                        He played very hard, had some really nice moves and had a lot of heart and I'm extremely proud of him and how he played overall but he does have the occasional lapses that end up being very costly.

Spain's goal was mainly his fault for not tracking back with Iniesta and a nearly identical situation ended up with Iraq's 3rd goal in the Asian Cup. You can see it starting minute 0:30 in this video whee instead of tracking back with and covering Iniesta who goes past him, he just stops and puts his hands on his head in disbelief:

Dani Carvajal on Iran: "That's not football. It's a betrayal."
                        I wouldn't have even dignified that with a response but I think he got all the responses he deserved.

Comment

Good game at all..

But embarrissing that throw in Mess by milad idiotmadi!!!

Everyone making fun of it instead of Talking about the good tm Performance!!!

Just throw in the last 30 Seconds!!! Why i mean really wtf!!!

Comment

https://www.fifa.com/worldcup/statistics/

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

BTW guys some of the phrases being used in the Spanish press this morning refers to Spain as "having survived", playing "scared", "long-suffering victory" and "having trembled like a custard on every cross" after the goal!

The same articles describe Team Melli as "surprisingly competitive", "disciplined" and having caused "terror" for Spain.

Having said that, they were all also very critical of TM's time-wasting and some antics.

Comment

Credit to the players, they fought really hard and probably deserved a draw.

I can't believe some people are blaming CQ, most teams in the world would sit back & counter. The goal we conceded was very fortunate.

Portugal will be tough, but we can do it! We always do it the hard way!
                                I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

Working...
                                X