Iran vs Spain [Post-match discssion]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
    Iran played great, TM has improved, but we need to understand that FIFA is not going to let Spain & Portugal get eliminated. This is big business doing its thing. Imagine how much $$$ they would lose if their dear Spain or Portugal not make it out of the group stage to keep people glued to the TVs?
    Did you watch the 2014 World Cup?
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
      Did you watch the 2014 World Cup?
      I think this time it's different. The Spain vs Portugal match highlights have 30 million views on FIFA's youtube channel and they realize how important Ronaldo is for their viewer percentage.
      Unfortunately there are too many casual Ronaldo fanboys that will ruin our dreams.

Comment

Originally posted by Omid177 View Post
        I think this time it's different. The Spain vs Portugal match highlights have 30 million views on FIFA's youtube channel and they realize how important Ronaldo is for their viewer percentage.
        Unfortunately there are too many casual Ronaldo fanboys that will ruin our dreams.
        You can also make the claim that Russia want Iran to be the second team from group B to have a better chance of going to final 8...

FIFA is making tons regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
          I agree with the rest of your post, but not that part, SVD jan.

You call Karim's thunderous shot a wasted opportunity? He pulled a snap volley out of no where that went inches wide. It wasn't even a chance, Karim created it.

I know he's playing out of position, but Karim has showed me so much this WC. He really has a heart of a lion and is far removed from his Cinderella days. Much praise Karim!
          The ball was redirected right to him on a silver platter. He shanked it wide, Spain scores less than 2 minutes later. Game over
          SHOW TIME!

Comment

I just wish Spain had scored the goal earlier? Clearly if they had scored a goal in1st half result wouldn't have ended the way it did, perhaps they would have won with a bigger margin but either way, Iran would have played the way it did after the score; far more aggressive. Our boys need to feel confident!
            Give Sardar credit, how much can he deliver up there on his own?...
            My frank question to all of you;
            -Why didn't Ghodos and Jahanbakhs get in earlier?????
            -why didnt Dejagah play?, is he injured?
            -same for our captain with experience from 3 world cups!
            All these 4 players were missing!
            It's time two watch 2nd half for a 2nd time now!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam van Dam View Post
              The ball was redirected right to him on a silver platter. He shanked it wide, Spain scores less than 2 minutes later. Game over
              I respectfully disagree on calling that a shank. But it did remind me of Morocco nearly getting a goal and us scoring right after

Comment

After watching the press conference, I can tell Queiroz is confident about facing Portugal. We can do this and history will be made!!!

Comment

If FIFA and the ref don't interfere then we'll beat Portugal. Also it's important that our players don't lose hope and motivation. CQ needs to help them to recover mentally. We don't want to see another Bosnia match.

By the way, I realized how useless Iranian journalists are. Why don't they ask important questions about Dejagah for example???

Comment

Lol Kevin Prince Boateng chilling with his iranian friend and making fun of Mohammadi's throw
                    https://www.instagram.com/stories/prince17/

Comment

Originally posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post
                      Our forwards would get possession of the ball in midfield, and then be surrounded by 3 defenders. Not much you can do when that's our style of play.
                      I know, but there were some instances where they could have done something instead of losing the ball early..

Comment

It's safe to say Shakira is now Amiri's girlfriend!

Comment

Originally posted by Kavian View Post
                          you needed Ali Daie to put the ball in the back of the net with that header Taremi sent over the bar.
                          Wrong. Ali Daie missed a similar header in 2006 WC.
                          چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

Originally posted by arash123 View Post
                            I respectfully disagree on calling that a shank. But it did remind me of Morocco nearly getting a goal and us scoring right after
                            So if he didn’t shank it, then did you assume he hit his target? And the Morocco chance I assume you’re talking about is ziyechs strike in ‘80 we scored at ‘95 .... 15 minutes later
                            SHOW TIME!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam van Dam View Post
                              So if he didn’t shank it, then did you assume he hit his target? And the Morocco chance I assume you’re talking about is ziyechs strike in ‘80 we scored at ‘95 .... 15 minutes later
                              He was within inches of the target but you're right, he didnt make a goal. When I think of a shank I think of Sardar's disastrous clearance the first game vs MOR

Damn was it 15 min? Seemed so much quicker. Thanks for clarifying

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                                One hope I have after this game is let this be the very LAST time any numb-skull calls Azmoun Iranian Messi.
                                ENOUGH.
                                his pitiful attempt to dribble which was extremely sad to even watch shd put an end to this idiotic tag.
                                he is NOTHING like Messi.
                                He's just a young striker with prospect.
                                That's all.
                                stop calling him Messi.
                                Barely anyone calls him that man - only foreign journalists (few) who don't know anything and just do a quick google search of the players.

I've heard you say Iranian Messi in the last week more than I have anyone else combined since the world cup started.

Comment

Working...
                                X