No announcement yet.

Official Mind Games Thead: The Psychology of Carlos Queiroz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If CQ was planning on a mind-game here, then there would have been no news about Cheshmi´s injury. He would just have surprised the spaniards and played Hosseini in the starting line up.

I don't know. I am myself a bit confused as the news came very sudden and without any detail about the injury. So lets see.
    sigpic

Zendeh bad IRAN
    >-----------------<
    Marg bar dictator
    >-----------------<

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyOscy View Post
      And the best part is Lopetegui might have scouted Iran, but Hierro won't have! We're all pleased Spain sabotaged themselves.
      Hierro said he hasn’t changed any member of their analysis/scouting team, since they know a lot more than him about the team!
      Besides they do seem to take us very seriously, apart from classifying us as a team on par with North Africans, although it doesn’t mean they’ll take us lightly, as this could be a vital 3 points for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
        Rouzbeh Cheshmi, a player once harshly criticized after woeful performances against Tunisia, Turkey, and Uzbekistan's U-23 team, suddenly turns into our very own Cannavaro after a solid performance against Morocco?

This comes a week before the world cup, where manager Carlos Queiroz calls Rouzbeh Cheshmi the most modern center back Iran has seen in over 10 years, striking laughter from most Team Melli supporters claiming Carlos has gone mad.

And now Rouzbeh Cheshmi has "pulled a hamstring" in training, a quite innocuous injury and is out for the rest of the world cup???

Well what if I told you, there is a center back for Iran who Queiroz believes is the most modern center back Iran has ever seen, but it's not Cheshmi...

His name is Majid Hosseini.

Majid tasted his first World Cup action as a substitute during the Morocco game and looked cool as a cucumber; not phased what so ever.

I may be absolutely mad, but I have a crazy feeling these statements by Queiroz have all been mind games. After all, Cheshmi looked to be dropped for Jalal Hosseini after his performance against Turkey!!

CQ has been tapering with his lineups and causing major headaches for the opposing managers. He realizes that good tactics and defensive discipline can often times beat world class opposition, as we have seen so far in this World Cup with Iceland and Mexico.

Fasten your seat belts and enjoy the ride folks, cuz we are #1 in the group of death and with Ezatolahi back, Dejagah hopefully starting, and Milad Mo likely back in the lineup, we don't look to be slowing down any time soon.

#CQMINDGAMES

Funny you mentioned...I have been thinking exactly the same thing. When I see all the mystery around Roozbeh's injury, I can't help thinking that this is another mind game by CQ....and the reason is obvious, to remain unknown and "fuzzy" for the opponents. I have always had faith in Roozbeh and think he is a great talent, at the same time I am not very worried about his absence as Majid Hosseini is also a very capable player!
        Down With Dictator.

Na Ghaze, Na Lobnan, Janam Faday e

IRAN

sigpic

Be salamatiye 3 tan: Namoos o Refigh o Vatan
        Be salamatiye 3 kas: Zendooni o Sarbaz o bikas

Comment

I think CQ said cheshmi is the most modern defender TM has seen in the last 10 year. not majid hosseini. majid might as well be one of the most modern defenders as well but i read he said that about cheshmi not hosseini.

Comment

Originally posted by Kasra. View Post
            Maybe he will put Cheshmi next to Ezza as dmf and Hosseini as a CB?
            MIND IS BLOWN

Comment

Originally posted by euphory View Post
              I think CQ said cheshmi is the most modern defender TM has seen in the last 10 year. not majid hosseini. majid might as well be one of the most modern defenders as well but i read he said that about cheshmi not hosseini.
              Thats the point. Hes using Cheshmi as a code name for Majid..

Comment

Originally posted by GolfePersique View Post
                Hierro said he hasn’t changed any member of their analysis/scouting team, since they know a lot more than him about the team!
                Besides they do seem to take us very seriously, apart from classifying us as a team on par with North Africans, although it doesn’t mean they’ll take us lightly, as this could be a vital 3 points for them.
                North African teams are decent so if anything it sounds like they're aware of a threat.

Comment

My only GRIPE with CQ is his nonsensical support of Shojaei!!! I saw the game again and Massoud put us in a lot of danger! I cant believe he was even invited in stead of a few much more worthy players..... This is CQs achilles heel....

Comment

Originally posted by eerooni View Post
                    My only GRIPE with CQ is his nonsensical support of Shojaei!!! I saw the game again and Massoud put us in a lot of danger! I cant believe he was even invited in stead of a few much more worthy players..... This is CQs achilles heel....
                    You mean the achilles heel that saw him qualify twice in a row, undefeated in qualifying with 9 clean sheets out of 9, almost getting a point (and a penalty) against Argentina, a first ever clean sheet 4 years ago, and only a second ever win in their history.

CQ out!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by eerooni View Post
                      Just curious who these "more worthy" players are? The likes of Soroush Rafei? From what I recall TM has been lacking badly in this position for quite some time so I just want to know who you had in mind

Comment

PFDC right now

Comment

Working...
                        X