Official Mind Games Thead: The Psychology of Carlos Queiroz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official Mind Games Thead: The Psychology of Carlos Queiroz

Rouzbeh Cheshmi, a player once harshly criticized after woeful performances against Tunisia, Turkey, and Uzbekistan's U-23 team, suddenly turns into our very own Cannavaro after a solid performance against Morocco?

This comes a week before the world cup, where manager Carlos Queiroz calls Rouzbeh Cheshmi the most modern center back Iran has seen in over 10 years, striking laughter from most Team Melli supporters claiming Carlos has gone mad.

And now Rouzbeh Cheshmi has "pulled a hamstring" in training, a quite innocuous injury and is out for the rest of the world cup???

Well what if I told you, there is a center back for Iran who Queiroz believes is the most modern center back Iran has ever seen, but it's not Cheshmi...

His name is Majid Hosseini.

Majid tasted his first World Cup action as a substitute during the Morocco game and looked cool as a cucumber; not phased what so ever.

I may be absolutely mad, but I have a crazy feeling these statements by Queiroz have all been mind games. After all, Cheshmi looked to be dropped for Jalal Hosseini after his performance against Turkey!!

CQ has been tapering with his lineups and causing major headaches for the opposing managers. He realizes that good tactics and defensive discipline can often times beat world class opposition, as we have seen so far in this World Cup with Iceland and Mexico.

Fasten your seat belts and enjoy the ride folks, cuz we are #1 in the group of death and with Ezatolahi back, Dejagah hopefully starting, and Milad Mo likely back in the lineup, we don't look to be slowing down any time soon.

#CQMINDGAMES

we are the under dogs

#cqmindgames
    WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Majid Hosseini has a very calming disposition and first showed this in the 2013 U17 World Cup. He was the captain and that was a real good Iran team that fell to the over-aged Nigerians.

Comment

I'm telling you guys, something is very very fishy..

Players don't pull hamstrings and get ruled out for entire tournaments..

This was destined.. I believe Cheshmi was used as a ploy.

Majid Hosseini is our chess piece

Comment

This is very very exciting regardless of if it's true or not haha!

Comment

Team Melli's instagram has pics of him training yesterday so who knows.

Comment

Interesting theory.

I was pleasantly surprised that Majid was subbed in once Omid got injured. I would've assumed Pejman. But that fact that it was Majid shows how much faith CQ has in him, and Majid played well in the limited time he had on the field. Also, I think this substitute appearance was GREAT for Majid. Gets our youngest CB some big game exposure.

But I do agree that if Chesmhi is really injured, Majid is next in line.

Comment

With a pulled hamstring you can’t even walk without support. Pictures show him going down the stairs of the aircraft without any support. Saw pictures for 30 min ago at teammelli instagram.

Starting to think if it’s CQ’s mindgame against Spain. To make them believe that we have some serious issues in our defence so they will underestimate us even more. It sure will be a very exiting game to watch. Cheers

Comment

CQ takes raw unadulterated talent and turns them into the best the world has seen! what makes you thing his only WMD is Cheshmi??!!!! He has many....

Comment

4 weeks for a hamstring pull seems a little excessive. It must be a really bad pull.

Edit: My guess is if we happen to somehow make it out of the group, he'll be available for the round of 16 game.

Comment

um.. guys... what if we have Spaniard scouts on this board?

Comment

Originally posted by daggerhashimoto View Post
                        um.. guys... what if we have Spaniard scouts on this board?
                        Then they will be 100 times more confused

Comment

Guys hamstring pulls can be very difficult to recover from. Just look at warriors vs rockets and chris Paul, missed the two biggest games of his nba career because of a pull

Comment

there is nothing fishy about this. if he is injured and can't recover in a timely manner, then no need to bring up nonsense. Depends on his grade of injury, this can take few weeks to months. If i'm not mistaken, he was injured previously and was out for a while.

Majid hosseini might be a better option for next game. but CQ knows better than anyone else here.
                            sigpic

Comment

Baba you guys make out of everything mind games, sociologically, however, very interesting, that's how religions started.

Comment

Working...
                              X