Group G Thread - England, Panama, Tunisia, Belgium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kastro View Post
    Lmao. We had 4 starters out of the WC AND had the host nation. Egypt would make every single WC if they had to qualify from Asia.
    This is your logic : Iran vs Russia draw (1-1 in friendly game) so this means that iran beat egypt 3-1

Its friendly game ! no one takes friendly game serious.

Comment

That is a bs excuse. "We would make every WC if we were in Asia".
      Africa is as bad as Asia, less so in recent years but just as bad in the 80's and 90's. I guarantee you wouldn't make every WC if you were in Asia. At best you guys would make every other world cup.

To not make it from Africa to the WC in 28 years is RIDICULOUS! You cant claim to make it to the WC from Asia every WC edition when you don't make it from Africa for 28 years. You guys also didn't make it from 1938 to 1990... a streach of 52 years Is the excuse still having to play in the footballing god confederation of Africa?
      Anyway, I am done responding to you. Enjoy your teams pick up game on Monday.

Lmao. We had 4 starters out of the WC AND had the host nation. Egypt would make every single WC if they had to qualify from Asia.

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
        We actually have a winning record against Saudis.
        I know these anti-Arab comments will annoy you - please ignore them. You’re a great contributor. Egypt is too reliant on one man and Ramos dirty play screwed you guys. Dot worry - we will knock out either Portugal or Spain.
        We had 3 (striker, CAM, winger) key players out injured so we had to rely on Salah to compensate as those 3 greatly influence our attack. Imagine Iran had 3 key players out, I'm sure they'd suffer plus you lot of stability of having had the same manager for years. Any team would struggle without their strongest 11

Posters like KC and Persianpride are not very intelligent and don't seem very knowledge on how football tournaments work.

Comment

Originally posted by Persian-Pride87 View Post
          That is a bs excuse. "We would make every WC if we were in Asia".
          Africa is as bad as Asia, less so in recent years but just as bad in the 80's and 90's. I guarantee you wouldn't make every WC if you were in Asia. At best you guys would make every other world cup.

To not make it from Africa to the WC in 28 years is RIDICULOUS! You cant claim to make it to the WC from Asia every WC edition when you don't make it from Africa for 28 years. You guys also didn't make it from 1938 to 1990... a streach of 52 years Is the excuse still having to play in the footballing god confederation of Africa?
          Anyway, I am done responding to you. Enjoy your teams pick up game on Monday.
          Qualifying from CAF is much tougher. If you can't see why then I feel sorry for you. Only group winners advance and we had Ghana in our group. Morocco had Ivory Coast. Iran only had South Korea as a reasonable opponent in qualifying and they're pretty terrible.

Winning an African cup is much harder than winning an Asian cup.

Comment

We had 3 (striker, CAM, winger) key players out injured so we had to rely on Salah to compensate as those 3 greatly influence our attack. Imagine Iran had 3 key players out, I'm sure they'd suffer plus you lot of stability of having had the same manager for years. Any team would struggle without their strongest 11

Posters like KC and Persianpride are not very intelligent and don't seem very knowledge on how football tournaments work.
            you can send us an excel spreadsheet covering all the reasons (or excuses) for your performance, but the bottom line is, you were given a gift by FIFA with opponents like Russia and Uruguay and you failed. Plain and simple. See you in 2046.
            “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

I am not sure about that. The Asian competition is very difficult with a vast geographic area and playing under extreme weather conditions. Even teams like Thailand or war-torn Syria create problems for the big guns.

Based on what I have seen from Egypt so far, I would rate your team on the same level as decent/top Asian teams. I know Salah was missing/not in form, but a team should not be relying on single player.

Comment

Well for us, Ashkan Dejagah (best player) is missing and Ali Karimi who would have started.
                Plus we missed our beast and best player in spain game vs. Morocco.

Comment

Originally posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post
                  you can send us an excel spreadsheet covering all the reasons (or excuses) for your performance, but the bottom line is, you were given a gift by FIFA with opponents like Russia and Uruguay and you failed. Plain and simple. See you in 2046.
                  Uruguay is a gift? They're better than every team in your group save Spain. They would probably beat this current Spain as theyve looked vulnerable.

Comment

Egypt's all-time WC record is 0-2-4. There are many Asian teams that have done better at the WC.

Comment

Uruguay is a gift? They're better than every team in your group save Spain. They would probably beat this current Spain as theyve looked vulnerable.
                      how did you end up losing to Sierra Leone it wasn't in a friendly game too it was in Africa Cup of Nations Qualification

Also your records show that you can't beat asian teams. ! If you were in asia you would never qualify for world cup!
                      Kuwait 1 - 1 Egypt
                      Egypt 0 - 1 Jordan
                      Qatar 3 - 1 Egypt
                      Oman 1 - 1 Egypt
                      Egypt 0 - 0 Iraq
                      Qatar 2 - 1 Egypt

All the teams are 3rd possibly 2nd tier asian teams and you can't even beat them ! looool how TF you lost to qatar

Comment

You are joking right? Urugay win with a late goal against Egypt
                        without Salah, they defeat KSA with just one goal and didnt
                        peform very dominant.
                        I am telling you sth. else: Marocco, Spain and Portugal would have
                        easily finished group A as first winning all matches (the toughest one
                        would be against russia).

Comment

Guys friendly results mean nothing.
                          We've all seen it in this world cup. Look at Russia's friendly results. Does it reflect their current performance?

Comment

You guys are all getting trolled here. Why would any self respecting Egyptian come on PFDC to argue about Iran and Egypt, where there is 0 chance we would even play each other?

Comment

Originally posted by GolfePersique View Post
                              I am not sure about that. The Asian competition is very difficult with a vast geographic area and playing under extreme weather conditions. Even teams like Thailand or war-torn Syria create problems for the big guns.
                              Based on what I have seen from Egypt so far, I would rate your team on the same level as decent/top Asian teams. I know Salah was missing/not in form, but a team should not be relying on single player.
                              Africa is similar. Some pitches that you play on shouldn't even be considered pitches.

Our manager started a striker in the WC who plays in Egypt and has 2 goals since 2016.

The 2 other stikers - one plays for Braga and other has 30+ goals in Egypt since 2016 were both injured. We even have a 19 year old that should have been starting as he also has more goals for the same club despite being at the club for only a few months. Our best creative midfielder which everything goes through (next to Elneny) was injured and missed the WC. Our best winger after Salah has been injured all season and missed the WC since he was required to have surgery.

Who's Iran's 4th choice striker? Thats essentially what we have at the moment starting.

The manager is getting killed for this right now and he'll surely get sacked.

Comment

Africa is similar. Some pitches that you play on shouldn't even be considered pitches.

Our manager started a striker in the WC who plays in Egypt and has 2 goals since 2016.

The 2 other stikers - one plays for Braga and other has 30+ goals in Egypt since 2016 were both injured. We even have a 19 year old that should have been starting as he also has more goals for the same club despite being at the club for only a few months. Our best creative midfielder which everything goes through (next to Elneny) was injured and missed the WC. Our best winger after Salah has been injured all season and missed the WC since he was required to have surgery.

Who's Iran's 4th choice striker? Thats essentially what we have at the moment starting.

The manager is getting killed for this right now and he'll surely get sacked.
                                Im still waiting on your answer about this disaster results

how did you end up losing to Sierra Leone it wasn't in a friendly game too it was in Africa Cup of Nations Qualification

Also your records show that you can't beat asian teams. ! If you were in asia you would never qualify for world cup!
                                Kuwait 1 - 1 Egypt
                                Egypt 0 - 1 Jordan
                                Qatar 3 - 1 Egypt
                                Oman 1 - 1 Egypt
                                Egypt 0 - 0 Iraq
                                Qatar 2 - 1 Egypt

All the teams are 3rd possibly 2nd tier asian teams and you can't even beat them ! looool how TF you lost to qatar

Comment

Working...
                                X