Portugal vs Spain Analysis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Portugal vs Spain Analysis

I like to read other's analysis on this game as football fans and those who play league football be it local or professional.
    This game was arguably the most beautiful football game recently played. This was pure football played according to the simple rules of football. There were not many hard tackles; wide open game with many goals; and both sides gave each other plenty of space without tight man-on-man marking so much so that at least on one occasion you saw Ronaldo looking like someone who was just crossing the pitch with his dog minding out of the way. This sort of game is a pleasure to watch for the fans and spectators. It was a dog and pony show the kind of show that no one really cared about the result because it was 90 minutes of spectacle error free and pleasing to watch football. It was a game to show the world why they should be regarded as the two top teams that deserve to be in the final. But why did they play like that? Football at this level is never just as simple as that. There is alot of chess moves, mind games and tricky stuff involved.
    The fact that Portugal and Spain are in a group they both feel have 6 points in their bags already, allowed them both to display the game they did. It didn't matter one bit to them who won the game because they believe both teams are going to go through with their already 6 pints--in-the-bag. And it didn't matter what the scoreline would be. whoever won didn't matter. What mattered was: 1- They should display a brilliant football to win the heart of the world. 2- To give both a nice friendly practice match without any injuries for their next 6 point's in the bag games. 3 - And hoping that they would lure the Iranians and Moroccans to play that sort of game: a wide open game that gives their players plenty of space to operate freely without errors and forced errors. If Iran and Morocco fall for it and give the Portuguese and Spaniards space and time you can bet they will be scored on at least one every five minutes.
    هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
    نگاه میکنید.
    sigpic
    I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

spains goals were pure class

ronaldos on the other hand, two dives led to two goals. although that placement on the free kick was amazing.

and de gea on the second goal mirzapour would have saved that
    SHOW TIME!

Comment

I say we can win Portogal if we can mark reonldo. Without him Portogal was an ordinary team and could have lost 3:0 against Spain.

Comment

this team won against France in 2016 without Ronaldo. don't underestimate this team. but yes we have a bigger chance beating Portugal than Spain

Comment

I realise it's a long shot, but I think people are forgetting that if we DO pull off one of the greatest upsets in World Cup history and BEAT Spain, then we'll be going to the Second Round!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam van Dam View Post
            spains goals were pure class

ronaldos on the other hand, two dives led to two goals. although that placement on the free kick was amazing.

and de gea on the second goal mirzapour would have saved that
            Ohh god... Here we go again... Please show me the dive...
            sigpic

Comment

Iran will have to pack the area even more than against Morocco, where they left their wingers and flanks unmarked.

Spain and Ronaldo can just place it wherever they want if they get a shot in the area or in the D.

Comment

We draw with Spain, Very very hard IMO, but we draw Spain ( ie shit them out ) and we can say we are 75% through! Portugal will come to the game with a tired Ronaldo having played 2 tough games, so not sure how he will perform,. But IMO, the gods are favouring us this time!!

Comment

What Iran needs to do with Spain and Portugal is to go out and play ball .. worrying about final score, or advancing from the group is useless .. as CQ said in his post game interview when asked what he thinks of next games. He said "I don't care about those games"
                  . He was not kidding!!

Comment

Originally posted by Roozbeh-G2006 View Post
                    I like to read other's analysis on this game as football fans and those who play league football be it local or professional.
                    This game was arguably the most beautiful football game recently played. This was pure football played according to the simple rules of football. There were not many hard tackles; wide open game with many goals; and both sides gave each other plenty of space without tight man-on-man marking so much so that at least on one occasion you saw Ronaldo looking like someone who was just crossing the pitch with his dog minding out of the way. This sort of game is a pleasure to watch for the fans and spectators. It was a dog and pony show the kind of show that no one really cared about the result because it was 90 minutes of spectator error free and pleasing to watch football. It was a game to show the world why they should be regarded as the two top teams that deserve to be in the final. But why did they play like that? Football at this level is never just as simple as that. There is alot of chess moves, mind games and tricky stuff involved.
                    The fact that Portugal and Spain are in a group they both feel have at least 6 points in their bags already, allowed them both to display the game they did. It didn't matter who won the game because they believe both are going to go through with their already 6 pints--in-the-bag. And it didn't matter what the scoreline would be. What mattered was: 1- They should display a brilliant football to win the heart of the world. 2- To give both a nice friendly practice match without any injuries for their next 6 point's in the bag games. 3 - And hoping that they would lure the Iranians and Moroccans to play that sort of game: a wide open game that gives their players plenty of space to operate freely without errors and forced errors. If Iran and Morocco fall for it and give the Portuguese and Spaniards space and time you can bet they will be scored on at least one every five minutes.
                    This kind of mentality is what ruined football
                    Nobody appreciates Gattuso anymore but everybody expects each game to be like this.. I cant wait Till Penaldo and Pessi Retire.. TFC will beat Portugal & Argentina when they retire
                    WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Top European teams have plans for every. single. minute. of the game. So how we play in the first 15-30 minutes of the game will have a great impact on the final result.

What worried me the most from watching parts of Spain-Portugal is just how fast the Spaniards were able to win the ball back, and to not lose it again so easily. This is the direct result of having invested in a generation of players from childhood, and drilling a system and style of play into their DNA. Even without a head coach, they will still perform at this level.

If we are not absolutely flawless, they will punish us.

So what do we do? Defend 6-3-1 and hope for miracles? Or be audacious and go all-in, at calculated times?

Who knows what CQ has in store for us and the world? My only desire is that we do not go down without a fight. That we battle courageously for our honor and dignity. I believe that after the Morocco game, our men have displayed that they have the potential.

Now it's time for them to step up and own it.

We thank and support Mr. Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to the Iranian Football Community.

Comment

The Spain vs Portugal game was indeed entertaining. But this type of game is not necessarily successful. If any of these team try this vs a Germany, or France, Argentina, or even England, they will be torn apart.

Both sides played wide open for whatever reason they had. There was no man marking, no defensive discipline, no tactical approach. It was entertaining for sure to watch some of the best players roam free for 90 minutes. But it will not get them far in this tournament.

I have a very strong hunch that one or both of these two teams will drop points to Morocco.
                        Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Personally I think CQ now will aim for 2 shut outs to qualify.
                          BUT if he feels we need to have a look at a challenge, then the only possible route looks to me to be having someone extremely physical and tough as our striker, that really rures and beats up on Spanish defenders for the first 60-65 min
                          Soften them up for Azmoun with his aerial ability 8n the final 20 min, with balls pumped up into box against tired/beat up defenders.

Comment

Originally posted by Kavian View Post
                            What Iran needs to do with Spain and Portugal is to go out and play ball .. worrying about final score, or advancing from the group is useless .. as CQ said in his post game interview when asked what he thinks of next games. He said "I don't care about those games"
                            . He was not kidding!!
                            that is not what he meant.

What he was saying is that at this moment, the team is celebrating its win against Morocco, and he does not want to discuss a future game. He has said in the past that there is no Plan B. So what that means is that the team will use the same strategy against all 3 teams, which makes perfect sense. To play a free flow game against Spain is suicide, and personally I don't want to see a 7-0 score just for the sake of telling the world we played beautiful football
                            “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                              Personally I think CQ now will aim for 2 shut outs to qualify.
                              BUT if he feels we need to have a look at a challenge, then the only possible route looks to me to be having someone extremely physical and tough as our striker, that really rures and beats up on Spanish defenders for the first 60-65 min
                              Soften them up for Azmoun with his aerial ability 8n the final 20 min, with balls pumped up into box against tired/beat up defenders.
                              Your striker has to focus on scoring and leave the toughness to the midfielders and defenders. Your striker, and especially the ones we have, will not wear down the Spanish defense physically. Given our style of play, our strikers are typically outnumbered 4 to 1. That's why Azmoun for the most part looked overmatched.

The addition of Ezzatollahi will help.
                              “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                              X