Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US, Canada, Mexico will host World Cup 2026!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hasan View Post
    Wow thats going to be a horrible wc.
    48 teams in 16 groups of 3. The first two will qualify to first knock out stage of 1/32, and then 1/16, then quarterfinals, etc etc... you need more refs also, expect to see Saudi refs etc as well...
    terrible.
    CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Originally posted by hasan View Post
      Wow thats going to be a horrible wc.
      exactly
      sigpic

Comment

Some good comments and so poor comments are posted.

The last time WC was hosted in the USA, its federation made over $50 million dollars alone. I remember it well playing the knock out stage against Brazil.

The idea of WC was to rotate the games among many continents and countries. Mexico and USA have hosted five times (3 plus 2).

I would have voted for Morocco. USA is good in bribing. Mexico will not be a safe country. Canada is not a football country. In my view, FIFA made a poor decision.
        چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

Brazil is much more dangerous than Mexico, if we are judging a decision by that factor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

A 48 team world cup is bonkers.

Comment

I'm really not feeling the love for this super-extended 48 team format either. As much as it's nice to have more teams represented at the WC the whole attraction to and excitement of the Group stage is the quality of the matches and the fact that only two teams make it out.

Don't get me wrong, I do like that TM's chances of making it out of the group stage have increased and we practically never have to worry about making the WC ever again. But is that really a good thing? The whole excitement was the nail-biting and the roller coaster ride.

I think the best way to have gone about this was to keep the tournament at 32 teams but also held a WCQ tournament with 32 teams one year ahead of the WC along with or in place of the Confederations Cup.

This way, the 16 best teams from the confederations would have qualified to the WC directly and the next 32 teams from all the confederations would fight for the remaining 16 spots in a tournament nearly as good as the WC itself.

This would have given these 32 teams some very quality matches and opponents in a competitive environment, something that they're not getting now and it would have improved their level of football. So, for example if Iran would not finish in the top 2 spots in Asia, it would be forced to play 2nd tier (but still very quality opponents) from the other confederations to qualify.

This would have been tremendous for the development of football, scouting, TV rights, merchandising, etc. and the 16 teams that would make the tournament would be indeed deserving of getting there because of their quality, rather than confederational quotas. It would have also helped pick the best referees for the final tournament and really just given people more chance to meet people from other countries.

Comment

I don’t like the 48

They should stick with the current 32 team format.

Comment

Here is the format 48 teams FIFA has planned:

Group stages are so non exciting:

There will be 16 groups of 3 teams.
                  The first two will qualify to first knock out stage of 1/32,
                  and then 1/16,
                  then quarterfinals, etc etc...

Adesorian observation:
                  1, more refs will be needed ---> expect to see more 3rd rated refs from Saudi etc...
                  2, grassrollers from Bahrain and slow motion leagues from Oman etc will easily qualify ---> quality of the games will come down.
                  3, WCs will not be hosted by single average sized countries ---> more than one automatic seeded teams (if fifa doesn't decide otherwise).
                  4, Iran will make it with a Vatani coach to 2nd round ---> Tarbiaat Badaani pundits, see Vatani coaches better than foreign!

Adesorian conclusion:
                  TV stations will get richer, quality of games will come down, less excitement, more bamboozling!

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Germany vs. Bhutan gonna be lit ***** match!
                    SHOW TIME!

Comment

the only positive is that the few african south american and european teams which are strong but dont make it will be in the tournament.

teams like chile, turkey, ghana, netherlands, italy, ukraine, etc etc

Comment

Originally posted by KeonKish View Post
                        the only positive is that the few african south american and european teams which are strong but dont make it will be in the tournament.

teams like chile, turkey, ghana, netherlands, italy, ukraine, etc etc
                        But that takes away from excitement though when you see that big guys sometimes fail to qualify.
                        That aspects makes World Cup special!

Comment

Originally posted by Adesor Vafaseya View Post
                          But that takes away from excitement though when you see that big guys sometimes fail to qualify.
                          That aspects makes World Cup special!
                          I agree.

I don’t know why they wanted to expand it, I think it’s been great in its current format

Comment

I agree.
                            I don’t know why they wanted to expand it, I think it’s been great in its current format
                            Money my friend, its all about money!
                            The biggest winners are Fifa, TV stations, and of course the host nation(s).

(in future we have to always refer to host nations)

Comment

And about Morocco’s bid.

I looked at their stadiums and claiming that they are better than Iran’s is a stretch. They are the same old and crappy style

They almost all looked bad like Iran’s older ones.

Building everything would have been super hard on the economy. Even a country like Brazil with a HUGE economy took a huge negative impact after the World Cup, and many Brazilians are pissed about it.

At least with this bid new stadiums won’t really need to be constructed. Mexico has great stadiums and I’d personally love to watch a game in the Azteca(Mexican azadi) or BBVA Monterrey another great stadium.

But members here need to be much more respectful of our Moroccan members.

Some of you guys are just saying ignorant things.

Comment

And about Morocco’s bid.

I looked at their stadiums and claiming that they are better than Iran’s is a stretch. They are the same old and crappy style

They almost all looked bad like Iran’s older ones.
                                I think once they are nominated to host the world cup they will be given money to invest and build stadiums.

Bro the ticket price for traveling is definitely gonna repulse most of the football fans ! I think the travel tickets let alone will be around $3- $5k for europeans !

Comment

Working...
                                X