No announcement yet.

Last Man Standing - World Cup Edition!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, a thing i want to say the Third Place Match won't count. Belgium and the next team who will join them are out of the competition so you can't pick them as your choice in the final round.

Comment

Croatia 2-1 England AET

Progressed
      Taz

Eliminated
      Ghermez Agha

Comment

Only two of our participants Taz and tooleh khers have successfully picked the winning teams all the way to final.

Taz You choose Russia, England, Tunisia, Belgium,France and Croatia. Since you haven't got a free pick already and both of the teams in the final have been already picked by you so you can pick any of the two teams in the final.

tooleh khers you are here because of - Russia, Brazil, Argentina, Belgium, England, France. Since you haven't picked Croatia yet so they are automatically your pick.

In case if both of you back the same side in the final than we will have a tiebreaker.

TieBreaker 1: Name the first goalscorer in the World Cup Final

This is obviously completely open. If you want to wait to see the line-ups on Sunday afternoon before you pick then fine, but I suggest you choose somebody in advance and then change it before kick off if you want to. This would be a weird circumstance but if the match ends 0-0 after 120 minutes and goes to penalties, the first person to score in the shootout will not count as the First Goalscorer. In light of this, I will accept "No First Goalscorer" as a pick at this stage, if you're a brave bastard like that.

TieBreaker 2: Give the time of the first goal in the World Cup Final- correct to the nearest minute

Self-explanatory. If it comes to this then whoever is closest wins.

Hopefully that's all clear but please ask me if there is any misunderstanding.

Comment

Well that's worked out nicely for me but just to make it interesting, I'll take it to the tie-breakers so:

Croatia
          Griezmann

Comment

Croatia by default.
            Giroud

Comment

France 4-2 Croatia

Both of our finalists were on the same side in the final- Croatia. As they fail to win so we need to go for the tiebreakers which we had to either way. Giroud and Griezmann were the picks for the first goalscorer for the final but it was an own goal by Mandžukić that no one saw coming.

So we have to go for our second tiebreaker which was about the time of the first goal scored which came on the 18th minute of the match. And by our winners 24th minute prediction was closer to the actual result than other.

And our winner is....

TAZ

Congratulations

And a special mention to our runners up tooleh khers A ridiculously close run thing. Well played mate

Thanks for everyone for playing. I hope you all enjoyed playing it cause i loved running it.

Good Bye and Congratulations to the winner again

Comment

If this competition had generated enough interest than i might run a similar competition during the Asian Cup coming next year in case if i'm still alive and still active on this forum.

Comment

Godbless you for your hard work. I'd like to thank my family who stood by me through difficult moments such as ending up with Croatia in the semis by default. The champ will be back in Jan to defend his crown.

Comment

Working...
                  X