Forum Idea for the World Cup.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forum Idea for the World Cup.

To be able to keep the conversations somehow structured and also seen by all members I think the best idea would be to do Group Threads for every Group. Also Iran should of course have dedicated match threads plus their group thread.

Overall the thought is that most members here love football, they will probably try to watch every single game because they love the sport. This forum is visited by non Iranians as well specially during the World Cup. So with some structure and an inclusion of all other nations in group threads we could be able to attract new people from all over the world to our Football Forum and make it grow.

What do you think about this? What is admins views on this?

My main question would be how would traffic be contained on the PFDC servers? Especially if you think this forum is going to expect a huge group of people including newer visitors. I remember this used to happen during every huge tournament Iran played a part of.

Comment

Originally posted by sedee91 View Post
      My main question would be how would traffic be contained on the PFDC servers? Especially if you think this forum is going to expect a huge group of people including newer visitors. I remember this used to happen during every huge tournament Iran played a part of.
      For normal games (non Iran) it should. Iran games though it probably wont with or without these threads. Also its not guaranteeing that new people will come here. Maybe it will just be 5 new guys maybe 50? who knows. but at least it will be structured for us here.

Webmaster needs to answer this though, I can not say how much traffic pfdc can take

Comment

i wont be able to post during iran games as i will be in stadium, but the server must find a way to keep it working

Comment

I would like to see a match thread for each match on the main Football Forums because when they are moved to other section it's not as much people visiting it

So it'd be something like 64 threads

Comment

Originally posted by Hoorad View Post
            I would like to see a match thread for each match on the main Football Forums because when they are moved to other section it's not as much people visiting it

So it'd be something like 64 threads
            Thats why I came with the compromise of groups instead of match threads

Comment

Originally posted by Zamboor View Post
              To be able to keep the conversations somehow structured and also seen by all members I think the best idea would be to do Group Threads for every Group. Also Iran should of course have dedicated match threads plus their group thread.

Overall the thought is that most members here love football, they will probably try to watch every single game because they love the sport. This forum is visited by non Iranians as well specially during the World Cup. So with some structure and an inclusion of all other nations in group threads we could be able to attract new people from all over the world to our Football Forum and make it grow.

What do you think about this? What is admins views on this?
              is a good idea, but i wish that PFDC will make a app for their own forum! that would be so awesome! i swear im only using my laptop to comment and look at PFDC

Comment

Originally posted by enikoravesh View Post
                is a good idea, but i wish that PFDC will make a app for their own forum! that would be so awesome! i swear im only using my laptop to comment and look at PFDC
                There is an app. It’s called “TapaTalk”. I’ve only been using the app to access PFDC since 2015.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It may sound a bit radical but I genuinely think the match threads should be shut during the game. So close them as soon as the gane kicks off, re-open for 15 minutes at HT and close again and then re-open again at FT.

No one wants to see 15 identical 'Gooooal azmoun' posts in a row when he opens the scoring in every game and there's rarely any insight of value going to come out if the hasty posts that are made during matches. Having said that, I'm not going to be active once games kick-off untill FT so it's not a problem for me, just an idea that may improve the quality and traffic flow of the forum.

Comment

i just hope it doesn't crash.

Comment

Originally posted by Zamboor View Post
                      Thats why I came with the compromise of groups instead of match threads
                      I personally wanted 64 threads, but to each his own

Comment

Originally posted by littlepersia17 View Post
                        There is an app. It’s called “TapaTalk”. I’ve only been using the app to access PFDC since 2015.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        The UI on Tapatalk isn't that friendly compared to the actual forum using a web browser. Which is why I agree with our fellow member "enikoravesh". Apps are now actually easier to make, and I believe a few years ago the mods were actually seeking assistance from current members to make this happen.

Maybe should ask again and hopefully, an app can be made.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoorad View Post
                          I personally wanted 64 threads, but to each his own
                          If you take those 64 threads, and multiply them by the 20 sub-threads that will be posted by DJPedram, per match, that might be enough to bring down the power-grid across the world, turning off the lights during the Iran-Morocco match, and making us win!

We all know Iranians play soccer the best in the dark! DJPedram has just been practicing for his time to shine!

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
                            If you take those 64 threads, and multiply them by the 20 sub-threads that will be posted by DJPedram, per match, that might be enough to bring down the power-grid across the world, turning off the lights during the Iran-Morocco match, and making us win!

We all know Iranians play soccer the best in the dark! DJPedram has just been practicing for his time to shine!

Comment

So does the admins allow this mission to go down in our main section?

Comment

Working...
                              X