Nike and Iran

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nike and Iran

The life of a Team Melli fan gets more bizarre and sad.

Nike Multinational Cooperation reportedly boycotts #Iran soccer team in Russia World Cup. It announces the players have no right to use its products in the tournament.

Last edited by Tehranto; 06-09-2018, 06:41 AM.

Have we not suffered enough by being ruled by a backward, anti-Iran Islamic Republic? The world has to hate us too and work against ... the Iranian people have suffered enough!

Comment

Is this true? What does it say Multinational Cooperation instead of Corporation? Just a typo?

Regardless, this is the Trump effect.

Nike hasn't been able to do business with Iran since the revolution but they have never made such an overt, anti-Iran statement before a major tournament. Nike just wants to get into Trump Chump's good graces.

NFL picked a fight with Trump and lost and had to eat humble pie and start fining players for kneeling during the anthem. No entity or major corporation wants to be in Trump Chump's cross hair.

Comment

Hope it's not true. And so what if they do wear Nike shoes?

Comment

Tehranto jan, this is pretty BS, don't give it too much credence.

How can Nike stop our players from wearing their products? They can buy them in the open market and wear them. And if they do, apparently against Nike's demand, how will they punish our players/team? They have no jurisdiction or privity over us, so they can't do anything.

Nike is a corporation and like any other corporation, would love the free publicity of athletes buying and wearing their apparel, even Iran athletes. And plus, "Amad News Daily" doesn't sound like the BBC reputation wise.

Comment

Aren't some of our players sponsored by Nike like Jahanbakhsh, Ghoddos etc?

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
              Tehranto jan, this is pretty BS, don't give it too much credence.
              How can Nike stop our players from wearing their products? They can buy them in the open market and wear them. And if they do, apparently against Nike's demand, how will they punish our players/team? They have no jurisdiction or privity over us, so they can't do anything.
              Nike is a corporation and like any other corporation, would love the free publicity of athletes buying and wearing their apparel, even Iran athletes. And plus, "Amad News Daily" doesn't sound like the BBC reputation wise.
              I hope you are right - it makes zero sense. This may just be an overt publicity stunt to demonize Iran before the world's biggest sporting event.

Anyway F*** NIKE if this is true!
              Last edited by Tehranto; 06-01-2018, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Also, besides this being a symbolic political statement, can it even be enforced? Its not like Nike and Iran have a contract.

What happens if a TM player steps on the pitch against Morocco wearing Nike shoes? What can FIFA do? Stop the player/ban him? I don't think so.

I think this is just a political statement to win brownie points with the Trump Chump administration.

Comment

Originally posted by greenguy4life View Post
                  Aren't some of our players sponsored by Nike like Jahanbakhsh, Ghoddos etc?
                  pretty sure JB is adidas. He’s always wearing something adidas

Comment

Originally posted by arkm110 View Post
                    pretty sure JB is adidas. He’s always wearing something adidas
                    Definitely Nike

Comment

Originally posted by greenguy4life View Post
                      Definitely Nike
                      thats not a very recent picture. I think he’s recently switched to adidas.

Comment

Originally posted by arkm110 View Post
                        thats not a very recent picture. I think he’s recently switched to adidas.
                        Yes you are right.

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
                          The life of a Team Melli fan gets more bizarre and sad.

Nike Multinational Cooperation reportedly boycotts #Iran soccer team in Russia World Cup. It announces the players have no right to use its products in the tournament.

Where is the actual Nike announcement? I don't see one so this is fake news..

Comment

Don't trust anything from Amad news.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                              Don't trust anything from Amad news.
                              I think with Iranian media (both official and unofficial) there is a crisis of authority and trustworthiness. But I trust them a lot more than others.

Comment

Working...
                              X