Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friendly: Turkey - Iran; Info, Updates and Live Reports (28.05.2018)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kastro View Post
    I've watched most of Turkey's qualifying matches and friendlies as I'm half Turkish. Most of our players are domestic based without much international experience mixed in with our experienced players who have failed to perform in the last couple years. We sacked the manager and nothing changed as we need to to through a transitional period.

Morocco and Egypt are definitely stronger atm. Trezeguet was the best winger in Turkey this season and he's better than our NT wingers like Potuk, Mor. Maybe only Under can compete but Trezeguet would have easily matched his numbers with Roma.
    I've watched enough of Morocco to know that they'd take Turkey apart with relative ease in 2018.
    What about Tunisia? they are very identical to Morocco and TM played a very good game, where TM had a penalty denied by the ref, we would have tied it. If Tunisia is close to Turkey then TM should beat Turkey....

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
      There is no doubting morocco is a good team, stronger than turkey. What we are getting at is that we need to stop this inferiority complex we have on the world stage. Iran has the talent and coaching to go toe to toe with these teams, at least give them a run for them money. Our u17 team when into WC fearless, because they played france and mexico in friendlies right before the tournament and beat them 4-0. Then they went into WC with a ton of confidence and a goal that they would reach semi finals. They smashed Germany 4-0, beat Costa Rica comfortably, beat zambia, and beat mexico, and only lost 3-1 to eventual finalists spain.
      Agreed 100%. I know Morocco is a good team but a lot of people on here are acting like they are a powerhouse team, which they are far from.

Comment

Originally posted by kastro View Post
        According to your logic, only a team of Brazil's quality can beat Turkey? I doubt you've watched much -if not any - of Morocco or Turkey. If Iceland can beat Turkey 3-0, what makes you think Morocco can't? I've definitely watched more of Morocco than anyone here as they're a CAF rival to Egypt. Underestimate them at your own risk. They're stronger than any team Iran will have faced in Asia.
        No doubt they are a strong team, never said they werent.
        Are they stronger than Turkey right now? Yes I would rate morocco higher than turkey but not the way u make it sound. They would not take turkey apart easily as you say thats just nonsense. Moroccos defense is superb which where they are ahead of turkey but offensively they on par with turkey imo.
        Iceland is not a garbage team and has the capability of beating a lot of teams on a good day.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
          There is no doubting morocco is a good team, stronger than turkey. What we are getting at is that we need to stop this inferiority complex we have on the world stage. Iran has the talent and coaching to go toe to toe with these teams, at least give them a run for them money. Our u17 team when into WC fearless, because they played france and mexico in friendlies right before the tournament and beat them 4-0. Then they went into WC with a ton of confidence and a goal that they would reach semi finals. They smashed Germany 4-0, beat Costa Rica comfortably, beat zambia, and beat mexico, and only lost 3-1 to eventual finalists spain.
          100% agree with this. Your inferiority complex makes you do worse. And there is another catch to it too...the moment you show your opponent your inferiority complex in sports...they gain more confidence and do even better. I have observed this first hand when wrestling. It is two punches to your dreams.
          EAT. SLEEP. TM. REPEAT.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by YeCheesi Tala View Post
              100% agree with this. Your inferiority complex makes you do worse. And there is another catch to it too...the moment you show your opponent your inferiority complex in sports...they gain more confidence and do even better. I have observed this first hand when wrestling. It is two punches to your dreams.
              the thing is, I dont think this TM has such an inferiority complex. I really believe the players think they can do it, they dont give a fuck what some idiot on PFDC or instagram says that CQ doesnt know what hes doing, we have no quality, and we will all be crying after first game.
              C
              ompared to 2014 where our only player who had top level experience AND was at a high level in his career was Dejagah, and maybe shojaei, now we have so many guys. Azmoun - Amazing performances throughout Champions League + many matches vs top russian teams), Ezatolahi has played in Champions League and had valuable contributions (Anderlecht, he was motm) also many matches vs top russian teams, Milad-many matches vs top russian teams, ARJ - europa league matches + playing big three in holland, Ghoddos - Killed it in Europa league, played vs top teams in intimidating atmospheres too, Karim - Europa League, Greek league, Hajsafi - greek league (the big matches), Shojaei and Dejagah still - although their level has decreased, Ramin - matches vs top belgian teams, europa league vs marseille where he did very well, even gucci is playing at much higher level and showing up vs difficult opponents (PSV-always scored vs them).

Basically our entire starting xi plus subs have so much more experience in high level football matches. Its totally different to 2014 where so many players were just going off adrenaline and had no experience vs quality opposition.

Comment

dont worry.....! gardan har dotashoono miborim..!! ham turkey ham morroco ro..!!
                be ghole nanam, "kheshtakeshono be sareshoon mikeshim..!!" lol

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                  dont worry.....! gardan har dotashoono miborim..!! ham turkey ham morroco ro..!!
                  be ghole nanam, "kheshtakeshono be sareshoon mikeshim..!!" lol
                  We are going to beat the Turkeys so hard we are going to make them gobble

Comment

khoda kone torka ghati nakonan and injure our players
                    dont care about the results tbh noone shud get injured

Comment

Lets not be wuss about this... oh don't hurt our players boo freaking hoo...

Comment

I expect CQ to field a team mostly of players at risk of getting cut or not starting. Last chance for them before he gets rid of 1 more player. (Unless the Greece game is happening.)

- Figure out the defensive midfielders for Morocco
                        - Gucci needs to score or contribute
                        - Centre-backs need more testing to choose a partner for Pouraliganji presumably
                        - Ghoddos to either start or be tried as an impact sub
                        - Torabi needs to show he can perform against the bigger teams, because Queiroz isn't bringing any attacker to only sit on the bench when there are so many others
                        - Gholizadeh to be tried out again in a defensive role perhaps
                        - Is Dejagah able to get a run out yet? I don't know anything about his fitness now.

One of these men needs to go home to make it 23 (unless someone's injured anyway). I'd say it's crazy for guys like Ghoddos to be at risk, but Carlos is choosing very specific roles. Jalal was too old for the 3 matches so he's gone. Rezaei didn't hugely impress as an impact sub and we already have 2+ players at left wing so he didn't make it. Haghighi won't get a game so didn't bring him even as backup. Ghafoori must not have impressed him in friendlies so he's gone. Who knows who's next?

Comment

All the PES simulations of this friendly has Cenk Tosun scoring 2 on us, lowkey kinda scary lol

Comment

U23 Iran vs. u23 Turkey:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxgKv_5pN5w

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Ari View Post
                                Cenk Tosun and Jahanbaksh became successful

and Payam and Mosalman became nothing because they are unprofessional and lazy

proof that talent definitely wont get you somewhere by itself
                                AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Working...
                                X