This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post
    I agree with you, short of unfortunate injuries, health reasons very unlikely CQ will reverse himself, that's not like him.
    1- If he really was serious about 4 standby players he would have included them in their current Squad in Turkey so they stay fit.
    2- Logistic reasons stated by CQ is just a polite excuse.
    3-CQ said in his "
    never never ..." statement recently that he is very impressed with his defensive line performance.
    4-Irresponsible requests of 30 MP idiots to Majlis made this issue political and more difficult for the head coach to entertain.
    5-he would usually stick to his guns rather than give in.
    Im not sure what you want him to do on point 3, just say " Our defense sucks and the players most at fault will be cut in the morning". Do you think that would really keep morale of team or solve the underlying issues, or improve upon their mistakes, having your head coach airing you out in public weeks before the biggest tournament of your lives? If he had done that with beira he would have crumbled instantly and wed have been left with mazaheri for WC. Now we see beira performing at a very high level at a crucial period at the most important time, mainly because of the faith CQ put in him during his tough times.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
      Im not sure what you want him to do on point 3, just say " Our defense sucks and the players most at fault will be cut in the morning". Do you think that would really keep morale of team or solve the underlying issues, or improve upon their mistakes, having your head coach airing you out in public weeks before the biggest tournament of your lives? If he had done that with beira he would have crumbled instantly and wed have been left with mazaheri for WC. Now we see beira performing at a very high level at a crucial period at the most important time, mainly because of the faith CQ put in him during his tough times.
      Regarding point 3:

Every player does mistake even best world star do, it's part of football let alone less experienced player. CQ was right to say later on that we win together and lose together. I expected him to defend and support his defensive line but not go as far as to sing a never never before song. It makes his statement unbelievable a ridiculous, fans and players won't believe that.

Once he takes that extreme stand it will be more difficult for him to reverse his position that was the idea for point #3.

Cheshmi is a good young player bot as CD and DM but not very good at either consistently. He can have few good games then a disastrous one. That may be acceptable for A DM player to be risky but not for a CD that requires more discipline and consistency.

CQ has the same problem with Cheshmi as Aknar Mohammadi U19 coach has over 5 years ago, Khakpour/Kohan had with him with the U23 team. They all have switched his positions frequently because he was not quite specialized for one position especially D line.

During Akbar Mohammadi U19 he was paired with Kananizadeghan as CD. U19 had Moradmand and Daneshgar as well. Daneshgar was used as Right back sometimes,
      During the most important game against Korea ( winner to go WC u20), Mohammadi trusted more Morandmand and Kananizadeghan and played Cheshmi as MF. Azmoon did not play because of a red card. The team lost 1:4 because of flipflops and mistakes of the coach.

M Kohan /Khakpour played originally as MD but when he switched him to CD results were a disaster against Qatar and China conceded 4 goals in two defeats, he scored own goal too.

CQ has used him as CD and DM and I wish CQ had watched more of his previous games rather than clip summaries that his assistants prepare for him.
      Only two weeks to the games we should have made some of the decision much earlier.
      Last edited by St_Mark; 05-30-2018, 11:30 PM.

Comment

Morocco game

Taremi Azmoun Alireza
        Hajsafi- Shojaei/Karim
        Dejagah
        Mimo-PAG-Pejm.-Ramin
        Beiro
        Dejagah is phys. strong, good in 1 on 1, experienced and can distribute. We should try him next game. Of he fails öike Shojaei, we are forced to go with ebrahimi and cheshmi as his sub.

Comment

Ezzatolahi's red card is proving to be fatal

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post
            Regarding point 3:

Every player does mistake even best world star do, it's part of football let alone less experienced player. CQ was right to say later on that we win together and lose together. I expected him to defend and support his defensive line but not go as far as to sing a never never before song. It makes his statement unbelievable a ridiculous, fans and players won't believe that.

Once he takes that extreme stand it will be more difficult for him to reverse his position that was the idea for point #3.

Cheshmi is a good young player bot as CD and DM but not very good at either consistently. He can have few good games then a disastrous one. That may be acceptable for A DM player to be risky but not for a CD that requires more discipline and consistency.

CQ has the same problem with Cheshmi as Aknar Mohammadi U19 coach has over 5 years ago, Khakpour/Kohan had with him with the U23 team. They all have switched his positions frequently because he was not quite specialized for one position especially D line.

During Akbar Mohammadi U19 he was paired with Kananizadeghan as CD. U19 had Moradmand and Daneshgar as well. Daneshgar was used as Right back sometimes,
            During the most important game against Korea ( winner to go WC u20), Mohammadi trusted more Morandmand and Kananizadeghan and played Cheshmi as MF. Azmoon did not play because of a red card. The team lost 1:4 because of flipflops and mistakes of the coach.

M Kohan /Khakpour played originally as MD but when he switched him to CD results were a disaster against Qatar and China conceded 4 goals in two defeats, he scored own goal too.

CQ has used him as CD and DM and I wish CQ had watched more of his previous games rather than clip summaries that his assistants prepare for him.
            Only two weeks to the games we should have made some of the decision much earlier.
            I personally dont think cheshmi is at this level. Good for SS and maybe decent in ACL, but just not at all at this level (again no offense to cheshmi, I like him). Rather Majid hosseini play there, he is a total CB, has the speed and on the ball skills to have good shot at forming partnership with PAG. I also think PAG needs to be taking a bit more a leadership role now, despite the fact he is young.

Still, I dont really care how CQ made his point, I dont expect him to air players out in public, and I highly, highly doubt he starts Cheshmi in any WC matches.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
              I personally dont think cheshmi is at this level. Good for SS and maybe decent in ACL, but just not at all at this level (again no offense to cheshmi, I like him). Rather Majid hosseini play there, he is a total CB, has the speed and on the ball skills to have good shot at forming partnership with PAG. I also think PAG needs to be taking a bit more a leadership role now, despite the fact he is young.
              Still, I dont really care how CQ made his point, I dont expect him to air players out in public, and I highly, highly doubt he starts Cheshmi in any WC matches.
              Problem is, Majid Hosseini has one cap for TM.. And that vs Uzbekistan u23.. If he were to play in the World Cup he should've at least played vs Turkey.. I don't feel too safe having a 21 year old CB start in the World Cup with only having played vs Uzbekistan u23 and potentially Lithuania..

But hey, I guess he can't be any worse than Cheshmi.

Comment

Originally posted by Bandar Hamal View Post
                Ezzatolahi's red card is proving to be fatal
                even though he isnt a very good player

Comment

60 million dollar question who is CQ going to drop to go down to a list of 23 and perhaps drop again to accommodate Vouria!?

Tough one for any manager,there are candidates though!
                  sigpic
                  Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Who do you think will leave TM soon ? Amiri or Saman?
                    I have come to believe Khanzadeh is supposed to play RB. Unfortunately Cheshmi will be CB since he is tall and heads all the crosses.

Comment

We badly need Vouria, so hopefully he will reinvite him.

Comment

I think CQ has a surprise for us in the list. Won´t be surprised at all if he invites one or two players from the standby list and crosses off a few from the players that are in Istanbul right now. Maybe this was right from the start another tactic to confuse our opponents as well as us.
                        sigpic

Zendeh bad IRAN
                        >-----------------<
                        Marg bar dictator
                        >-----------------<

Comment

Originally posted by shahname View Post
                          I think CQ has a surprise for us in the list. Won´t be surprised at all if he invites one or two players from the standby list and crosses off a few from the players that are in Istanbul right now. Maybe this was right from the start another tactic to confuse our opponents as well as us.
                          I will be surprised! They should rejoin national team 7 days before the world cup. It doesn't sound right. CQ knows the analyse group of Morocco, Spain and Portogal must know
                          about about Vouria and Seyed Jalal in detail. He tries to present a new combination in world cup.

Comment

I also doubt anyone in the standby list will be invited. On top of that a player has to be dropped from the current roster - hope that doesn’t create another storm.

In any case, we will know in 2 days, all team lists of 23 need to be finalised by the 4th of June.

Comment

24th player should be Khandzadeh (assuming Pejman can fill in at RB) or Torabi but I fear the slight possibility he may end Iranian civilisation in one fell swoop and get rid of Ghoddos.

Comment

It has got to be between Amiri and Ghoddos. Amiri is more used to play with Taremi and other players. But Ghoddos can score goal. Better than Amiri. He is though a bit confused in TM.

Comment

Working...
                                X