Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fans in Tehran can watch World Cup games live in movie theaters

This would be such an great atmosphere!

TEHRAN, May 16 (Xinhua) -- Soccer fans in Tehran will have the chance to watch the 2018 FIFA World Cup games live in movie theaters, Tehran Times daily reported on Wednesday.

"Those theaters that are willing to screen the games need to apply to the council," the spokesman for Iran's Screening Council Gholamreza Faraji was quoted as saying.

"We believe the plan will increase the number of filmgoers, while helping to prevent a drop in box office receipts during this major event," said Faraji.

The theater owners are also requested to seek the approval of the producers of the on-screen movies to avoid any decline in their box-office receipts, he added.

Iran have been drawn in Group B of the World Cup along with Spain, Portugal and Morocco.

Iran will kick off the campaign against Morocco at Saint Petersburg on June 15.

http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/201..._137184343.htm

Yeah they can They watched in movie theatres for the last World Cup as well.

I wish they did that in the United States too

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli91 View Post
      Yeah they can They watched in movie theatres for the last World Cup as well.

I wish they did that in the United States too
      They do!!! People rent movie theaters and host

Comment

Originally posted by Hoorad View Post
        What? Really? How does this work?

Comment

Originally posted by Hoorad View Post
          But this is different, the actual theater is taking it upon themselves to show the game and just sell single tickets for audience members. I don't know about you, but it would be pretty expensive to rent an entire movie theater.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
            But this is different, the actual theater is taking it upon themselves to show the game and just sell single tickets for audience members. I don't know about you, but it would be pretty expensive to rent an entire movie theater.
            They make the profit of the tickets they sell. I mean it’s still being shown at a theather as a Persian Community event. I’m sure you could easily find a theaters throughout the US with search.

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli91 View Post
              What? Really? How does this work?
              They make the profit of the tickets which people buy

Comment

It is good for the Iranian fans, but I hope it is really live showing.

Comment

i have been watching world cup since 1998, i have seen many games, home, outside, bar, but 2018 will be the best, watching it live in russia, i hope iran make every iranian proud

Comment

Will women be allowed in the theaters?
                    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

WOW!!! PROGRESS!! This is Nobel peace prize day for IRanian authorities! Time for a standing ovation to the Akhund nation!

Comment

Working...
                      X