Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greatest Iranian Legionnaire Season Ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
    I was actually comparing Daei and Azmoun's run in CL, and I believe Azmoun's is just as impressive, if not more impressive, than Daei's.
    Daei scored 2 goals against Chelsea and 1 goal against Inter, correct? Great feat, no doubt.
    Azmoun scored 1 goal against Bayern (one of the best clubs in the world), and 1 goal against Atleti in Madrid, which is very difficult and against one of the best defenses in Europe. Also, Azmoun scored against Ajax and Anderlect in an earlier CL stage.
    Both Hertha and Rostov are equally as bad for CL purposes.
    What do you think?
    Daei scored against Milan. Not inter.

But we all know about Italian teams' defense. Specially Milan at the time had a few of the best defenders in the history of the game. Having said that, I think it's not really fair to compare different players from different era. Both Daei and Azmoun have been impressive.

But in general, I think that goal against Milan is hard to match by many players with any standard and nationality.

Comment

Ah yes, thanks for the correction!

Both Daei's and Azmoun's runs were great, and it's definitely hard to compare players in different eras and teams, but that's why we're here so I can play analyst for the day before I return to my day job

Comment

I don’t think we’ve ever had a season where so many legionaries have exceeded our expectations by far

Ansarifard fighting for topscorer until the last day despite being benched for months

Rezaei scoring 15 goals in his first European season with a team that does not have very good supporting attacking players

Jahanbakhsh becoming the topscorer with 21 goals and 12 assists, scoring 2 Hattricks in the process

Masoud winning the league with AEK

Mohammadi having another great season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Cumulatively, this year has been by far the best ever year fo our strikers/legionnaires:

Goals + Assists

ARJB: 21 + 12
          Karim: 17 + 5
          Kaveh: 15 + 6
          Gucci: 8 + 1
          Azmoun: 5 + 4
          Masoud: 3+ 1
          Saman (2017): 8 + 4 (Cup 2 goals), UEFA (5 + 3)

Add the good performances by Milad and Ehsan and Mehdi.

I can't think of any better year in terms of overall performances. I know we had the likes of Daei, Kia or Hash who were brilliant at much higher level, but we didn't have as many doing well simultaneously.

Comment

I think Kia's prime was the best any Iranian legionnaire ever had, he should have moved to a much better team in his prime. Still few consistent seasons in HSV.

Comment

Working...
            X