No announcement yet.

U23- Games of the XXXII Olympiad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worst finishing performance ive seen in a very long time.
    "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by _Navid_ View Post
      The wait has become 44 years now.
      Well technically 40 years since we qualified. We did qualify for the 1980 Olympics but decided to withdraw.
      I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Estili was the wrong choice from the beginning. These results aren’t surprising. The sad and the funny part is that all of us on here know this but the incompetent Federation. I mean overall Iran has gone downhill in every aspect in 40 years. Olympic is just an example of how far from being smart or gheyrati they are.... I don’t miss a game cause I love where I was born but is a little tiring to be an Iranian sometimes lol

Comment

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post
          Estili looks more like he’s going clubbing in miami than a u23 coach.
          Hahaha I thought the same. He is now going to quit and blame the preparation as all of them do. It’s never about them not knowing how to coach ever lol

Comment

Originally posted by MR.ESTESNAII View Post
            Hahaha I thought the same. He is now going to quit and blame the preparation as all of them do. It’s never about them not knowing how to coach ever lol

Quit !!

He is member of one of IFF technical committee , one who help to select TM coach.
            Other members of committes are Mohases, Mohamadi, Majedi all friends who recommended Estili member of own group for U23.!

BTW all are in Thailand for U23 games.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
              Well technically 40 years since we qualified. We did qualify for the 1980 Olympics but decided to withdraw.
              I know we did. But from 1980 to 2024 will be 44 years.

Comment

For the first time I am really happy we did not qualify for something. IMO, soccer is currently a distraction from Iran problems. Let Iranians enjoy more important events like Ashura.

This house is past minor remodels. Take it down and rebuild it.
                .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

we did not deserve to go through. we really didn't deserve. we play garbage.

Comment

The weakest excuse is to blame the coaches. My god how many 1000% goals did we miss in this tournament? Those are not coaches fault. In this game alone we missed almost 10 real good goal scoring opportunities.

Comment

There is a very good striker from Naft Abadan and I believe he remained on bench most of this tournament. Could have been the difference-maker. (He wears 14.)

https://www.transfermarkt.us/reza-ja...spieler/469778
                      sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Originally posted by Paradigm View Post
                        There is a very good striker from Naft Abadan and I believe he remained on bench most of this tournament. Could have been the difference-maker. (He wears number 14.)
                        https://www.transfermarkt.us/reza-ja...spieler/469778
                        That’s what I said! And he had links from Portugal too!: https://www.zerozero.pt/news.php?id=263363

Stupid Estili, costed us the tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                          That’s what I said! And he had links from Portugal too!: https://www.zerozero.pt/news.php?id=263363
                          Stupid Estili, costed us the tournament.
                          Would 2-0 have been enough for Iran U-23 to go through today...? Or did they need 3-0 given the group table?
                          sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Originally posted by Paradigm View Post
                            Would 2-0 have been enough for Iran U-23 to go through today...? Or did they need 3-0 given the group table?
                            We needed to win 3-0 to be able to go through due to the group table.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                              We needed to win 3-0 to be able to go through due to the group table.
                              At 2-0, it would have came down to the number of yellow cards I guess, base on equal head to head and goal differences.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by shahin2000 View Post
                                The weakest excuse is to blame the coaches. My god how many 1000% goals did we miss in this tournament? Those are not coaches fault. In this game alone we missed almost 10 real good goal scoring opportunities.
                                with the misses i agree, we should not blame the coach, but if you look overall, the coaching stuff was to be blamed for few reasons.
                                1.why you didnt bring enough central defenders, so that you dont play omid nourafkhan as central defender.
                                2. the lack of teamwork and coordenation, the players could not pass two balls.
                                3. player selection and substitutions ( why reza shekari play 2 90 mins, when you could see he was not fit, and play omid last man again korea when he knew he could not play there. made changes against china too late.
                                4. the players did not seem fit and not adepted to weather, your the coach for 3-4 months, and before that part of the coaching board, how come the team could not get used to weather, i am assuming they train in kish or shomal same weather as thailand. and the players were not fit.
                                hence even though players missed chances, due to this reason the coach is the main issue, and he has to adress them in tehran when he is back.

Comment

Working...
                                X