No announcement yet.

U23- Games of the XXXII Olympiad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shekari was lazy as usual , was not effective in defense.

Estilli keep him in the game because his aerial power and for possible penalty kick.

For 4231 to work well. Attacking MF player must work harder defensively too. Attacking MF has to willing to press in order to keep opponent from exploiting holes in defense line in defensive half of the pitch .

If this is best he can do , he should be benched.

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
      volleyball team won 3-0 against china.
      That is more relevant for www.persianvolleyball.com
      Just kidding, great news!

Comment

HT Korea 0 - 0 China

Comment

Songkhla: Islamic Republic of Iran’s second-half revival helped them to a 1-1 draw with reigning champions Uzbekistan in their opening AFC U23 Championship Group C clash on Thursday.

Uzbekistan went ahead through an Islomjon Kobilov penalty kick just before half-time, but Iran drew level through Reza Dehghani’s 58th minute goal to claim a share of the spoils at Tinsulanon Stadium.

The holders arrived confident of making a winning start to their title defence, but found themselves hemmed inside their own half early on, and – despite enjoying more than 60 per cent of first half possession – found occasional difficulty in dealing with an Iranian side eager to put an end to a 44-year Olympic absence.Iran should have been a goal ahead when Allahyar Sayyadmanesh’s excellent low cross gave Ali Shojaei an empty net to aim at in the 24th minute, but the forward inexplicably misfired to let Ljubinko Drulovic’s side off the hook.

Iran head coach Hamid Estili replaced Shojaei with Mehdi Ghayedi at half-time, and right from the substitute’s mazy dribble straight from the kick-off, positive things started to happen for Team Melli Omid, who were the stronger side after the break.Their equaliser duly arrived two minutes before the hour mark, when Reza Dehghani poked the ball home from close range after his persistent pressing had prevented Uzbekistan from effectively clearing the ball during a penalty area scramble.

n incisive counterattack involving both Ghayedi and Sayyadmanesh gave Mohammaed Mohebbi the chance to put Iran ahead just six minutes later, but he skied his effort at goal, with Uzbekistan substitute Oybek Bozorv guilty of the same offense from an even better position at the other end of the pitch as the sides took a point each from a hard-fought opening encounter.Iran face Korea Republic next on Sunday with Uzbekistan playing China PR on the same day.

Comment

Comment

Whenever Iranian players understood showboating doesn't help, then we will qualify for bigger tournaments like Olympics.

All Mohebi had to do was to merely and calmly tap the ball in.
              But showboating compelled him to go for a spectacular thunderous shot!!! Which saw it open the skies instead!

Unnecessary dribbling an insisting on showing off has been a constant ill of our football for DECADES.
              So until we learn I do away with such behavior, we shall miss out on most major tourneys

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post
                Shekari was lazy as usual , was not effective in defense.

Estilli keep him in the game because his aerial power and for possible penalty kick.

For 4231 to work well. Attacking MF player must work harder defensively too. Attacking MF has to willing to press in order to keep opponent from exploiting holes in defense line in defensive half of the pitch .

If this is best he can do , he should be benched.
                Shekari was terrible. Totally agree, lazy... , even when he was losing ball he didn't care and was just walking.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                  Shekari was terrible. Totally agree, lazy... , even when he was losing ball he didn't care and was just walking.

When was the last time Shekari played in a real game? Let alone 90 minutes. Fitness was definitely a huge issue with him. Estili should have eased him in.

Comment

Originally posted by PEJ View Post
                    When was the last time Shekari played in a real game? Let alone 90 minutes. Fitness was definitely a huge issue with him. Estili should have eased him in.
                    A quick googling of the starting lineup, I could see that the Iranian starting 11 had fewer games in their clubs this season compare to Uzbakistans starting elleven.

Comment

Korea beat China 1-0 with a late goal. A draw would have been better for us.

Comment

someone correct me if im wrong but isnt 1-1 a decent result against uzb? arent they supposed to be one of the bettter teams in the tournament? didn't watch the game or highlights yet but judging by the comments we could have won, but also again if uzb are as strong as they seem it wouldn't be a bad first match. a point in game 1 of any tournament is always ok when matching up with a team that is better than you.
                        Team Meli Iran
                        Perspolis FC
                        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Pos. Team GP Pts W D L GF GA +/-
                          1 South Korea U23 1 3 1 0 0 1 0 1
                          2 Iran U23 1 1 0 1 0 1 1 0
                          3 Uzbekistan U23 1 1 0 1 0 1 1 0
                          4 China U23 1 0 0 0 1 0 1 -1

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                            someone correct me if im wrong but isnt 1-1 a decent result against uzb? arent they supposed to be one of the bettter teams in the tournament? didn't watch the game or highlights yet but judging by the comments we could have won, but also again if uzb are as strong as they seem it wouldn't be a bad first match. a point in game 1 of any tournament is always ok when matching up with a team that is better than you.
                            I think the biggest disappointment is that we missed 2 open goal chances and should have had the 3 points. But 1 point against the Uzbeks isn’t bad at all.

This team is just so talented, but yet so unorganized.

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post

Reza Dehghani
                              Nasaji Mazandaran.

He used to play for Esfahan before sepahan released him to Nasaji to have playing time.
                              He was not part of U23 until recently. Two MF players from Nasaji was invited for the test, Jafari and Dehghani and Dehghani made it to the team.
                              This was his first official game as starter for TM, but he played against Qatar too.

After the game versus Qatar 3 players become starters, Dehghani, Najarian and Karimzadeh.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                                Possession

Iran 36%
                                Uzbek 64%

Comment

Working...
                                X