• Time
  • Show
Clear All

khoramhosseini & Ghaedi in Hosseinzadeh & Delfi Out

Comment

Uzbek scorec

Comment

Shariati out Mehdikhani in
        Noorafkan back as a CB and Mehdikhani as MF.

Comment

I have only watched part of the second half and Iran is disorganized, defense using long balls and lacking defensive prowess or offensive punch in the middle.

Comment

Jobeire in Roostaei out

Comment

Uzbek had two good scoring chances

Comment

Iran played very bad and Without coherent game plan, failed on very basic of a game.

U23 coaching job for Majidi is a mistake

Hopefully they will not be as embarrassing next game.

Comment

well I remember when most people called for the removal of Krancjar for various reasons.

Im sure he would be doing much better than this.

Comment

Uzbeks won 1-0 and we were lucky it wasn't 3-0. There is so much missing, I don't know where to start. I am a relatively positive guy around here and I should tell you that if we don't make MAJOR progress in the next four months, we will not even make it out of the group considering that we are in seed 4. No clear strategy, no leadership on the pitch, lack of motivation and fighting spirit (e.g. when our guys lost the ball or made a bad pass, I rarely saw them fighting to either get it back or stop a counter) are just a few observations. Add to all of this an inexperienced coach and it just doesn't look good. Let's see how Majidi pulls it together for the next meet in a few days. That will be another sign. For now, we need all the help we could get both in terms of players and coaching (get Allahyar back in here and maybe add a few over 23 players and get Namazi to help out).

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                      well I remember when most people called for the removal of Krancjar for various reasons.

Im sure he would be doing much better than this.
                      Krancjar lost it when decided to intentionally lose a game to not face Korean. He was a very weak coach sharing decision with Estili.

Estili is doing theb same witg Majidi, making decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
                        Uzbeks won 1-0 and we were lucky it wasn't 3-0. There is so much missing, I don't know where to start. I am a relatively positive guy around here and I should tell you that if we don't make MAJOR progress in the next four months, we will not even make it out of the group considering that we are in seed 4. No clear strategy, no leadership on the pitch, lack of motivation and fighting spirit (e.g. when our guys lost the ball or made a bad pass, I rarely saw them fighting to either get it back or stop a counter) are just a few observations. Add to all of this an inexperienced coach and it just doesn't look good. Let's see how Majidi pulls it together for the next meet in a few days. That will be another sign. For now, we need all the help we could get both in terms of players and coaching (get Allahyar back in here and maybe add a few over 23 players and get Namazi to help out).
                        At this phase we can not have over 23 player.
                        Uzbekistan won the game today not because has better player( exception of Ghabilove) , they played as a team not individual players like Iran.Even our best player today Mohebbi was by himself.

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post
                          Krancjar lost it when decided to intentionally lose a game to not face Korean. He was a very weak coach sharing decision with Estili.

Estili is doing theb same witg Majidi, making decisions.
                          at least when they faced a korea side with 3 players starting in the champions league and regulars at the WC, and 2-3 other senior team players, they put up a respectable showing even though they didnt have the likes of allahyar, shekari, etc.

I doubt majidi could even perform 1/2 of that. The guy is absolutely clueless and i have no clue how he was selected. If they got rid of kranjcar they shoul have had a replacement lined up that they knew could perform at least as well, not fire him, then go down a list 5 getting rejected by every half decent candidate until arriving at majidi.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                            at least when they faced a korea side with 3 players starting in the champions league and regulars at the WC, and 2-3 other senior team players, they put up a respectable showing even though they didnt have the likes of allahyar, shekari, etc.

I doubt majidi could even perform 1/2 of that. The guy is absolutely clueless and i have no clue how he was selected. If they got rid of kranjcar they shoul have had a replacement lined up that they knew could perform at least as well, not fire him, then go down a list 5 getting rejected by every half decent candidate until arriving at majidi.
                            Golmo , Veisi, and Nekonam were candidates , they asked equal pay as Kranjcar but IFF refuse to play Iranian coach the same.
                            Esteghlal got new coach and Majidi availabe. Estili lobbied for him , because a good new coach will not share decisions with Estili.

Comment

Regardless of the politics behind this that I have no source to confirm (and I am sure some or all of it might be true) the results speak for themselves. In addition to results, Majidi's body language and how he looks in photos just doesn't emit any confidence (it is speculative yet it is the only source I have). Obviously, Yahya was the best choice but that's water under the bridge. So far I would say good bye Tokyo 2020. Let's hope I will be proven wrong.

Comment

Against Uzbekistan Iran U23 did not need two DM. Noorafkan or khodabandelo should have been enough that would have created opportunity for additional OMF push the game on Uzbek 1/3 side.
                                Let's see if Majidi will make a correction.

RB Aghajanian was bad in 2nd half, Hardani did not go with the team because of Visa but Gholami can play next game.

Janmaleki was called up only a week ago because Dorreh and Arta are injured .
                                Hosseinzadeh was not as effective today.
                                Mohhebi was ful of energy today but missed a goal opportunity . he was Iran best player.

Majidi should make changes in each line for next game.

Comment

Working...
                                X