Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The WIki page says Iran is qualified.

Comment

Iran, Syria and Australia are qualified for sure as best 2nd placers. the last spot is between Tajikistan and UAE/KSA ! a 1-1 draw will qualify both KSA and UAE. I would bet on that result

and Syria and Jordan was 0-0 till the last minutes. both of them scored in last 10 minutes. 1-1 draw qualified both of them. I wonder if that result was "fair"

Comment

Originally posted by PersianLion80 View Post
        Bezan Ziresh football again by our 2nd rate Croatian coach and his Iranian cronies ...look forward to this in all levels for years to come—pre-CQ Years
        Spot On ..! that’s exactly how I feel

Originally posted by irani8perspolis View Post
        I am pretty sure we have qualified for the final tournament
        Huh..!
        How long before the next round of qualifying!?
        This team is terrible..!lol
        They need a lot of work & probably a series of mini miracles to even come close to qualifying ..!

Comment

Varzesh reporter says we have to wait on those results.

Comment

This team is fucking awful and why wasn’t Shekari playing?????

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
              Varzesh reporter says we have to wait on those results.
              LOL i explained in details why a draw is enough for us and you are still waiting for that stupid "varzesh reporter" to confirm that. relax

most reporters are stupid in Iran unfortunately but in this case not just his fault though. even our coaches didn't know that.

we were lucky Pakistan withdrew from another group and because of that they don't consider results against the last team in the group. we wouldn't qualify . we are qualified only because of that last second blunder of Turkmenistan's GK.

Comment

Originally posted by Irannn View Post
                LOL i explained in details why a draw is enough for us and you are still waiting for that stupid "varzesh reporter" to confirm that. relax

most reporters are stupid in Iran unfortunately but in this case not just his fault though. even our coaches didn't know that.

we were lucky Pakistan withdrew from another group and because of that they don't consider results against the last team in the group. we wouldn't qualify . we are qualified only because of that last second blunder of Turkmenistan's GK.
                Yeah, but you also said Tajikistan is very likely to qualify. That is quite an exaggeration. If the Saudis draw, they equal Tajikistan. Not sure what would happen in such a case.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorestani View Post
                  Yeah, but you also said Tajikistan is very likely to qualify. That is quite an exaggeration. If the Saudis draw, they equal Tajikistan. Not sure what would happen in such a case.
                  yeah that was a mistake and I fixed my post minutes later. I just forgot that Syria is the one currently 2nd and not Jordan.

in case of 0-0 in KSA/UAE match they will count the yellow cards. AFC didn't publish the match report of TJK/UZB match, so I don't know how many cards they received today. but they got 1 in their first match and KSA received 2.

Comment

Iran is in according to the Wiki page.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_A..._qualification

Comment

BTW, this team was our B team.

Azadi does not belong in this team.

With Allahyar Sayadmanesh, Tahaa Sahriati and Younes Delfi back this team is gonna rock in the final stage.

Comment

Originally posted by beri486 View Post
                        BTW, this team was our B team.
                        Azadi does not belong in this team.
                        With Allahyar Sayadmanesh, Tahaa Sahriati and Younes Delfi back this team is gonna rock in the final stage.
                        I'm confused why people keep saying this.

These three are very talented but since when have they been core parts of the U-23 team? We are talking about three players who are 17,18 and 19. Unless players are complete prodigies, usually they go up the age categories in a systematic way. Allahyar and Delfi played in the Asian Games team but that team was built on an U21 core. In total, all three players have only 7 U23 caps between them.

Both are definitely good enough to play internationally with players who are 5 years older but its weird that people are considering them to be core players for an U23 team which has grown up together, when they have not been so far.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                          I'm confused why people keep saying this.

These three are very talented but since when have they been core parts of the U-23 team? We are talking about three players who are 17,18 and 19. Unless players are complete prodigies, usually they go up the age categories in a systematic way. Allahyar and Delfi played in the Asian Games team but that team was built on an U21 core. In total, all three players have only 7 U23 caps between them.

Both are definitely good enough to play internationally with players who are 5 years older but its weird that people are considering them to be core players for an U23 team which has grown up together, when they have not been so far.
                          These players play at senior level for their club (Belgian league, IPL) so U21 or U23 shouldn't be a problem.
                          Mbappé won the world cup at 19 years old.

On a side note :
                          - Taha seems to have a never ending injury.
                          - Thailand played the qualifiers but were qualified from the start for the final tournament as a host??

Comment

Am I missing something or what? Iran has already qualified no? just a matter of which position. The outcome of Saudi's results will determine that correct?
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JUKabP3zTI

Comment

Originally posted by Irannn View Post

I'm not waiting for anything. I'm just stating what he said. I know most football people in Iran are completely clueless. You relax

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                                These players play at senior level for their club (Belgian league, IPL) so U21 or U23 shouldn't be a problem.
                                Mbappé won the world cup at 19 years old.

On a side note :
                                - Taha seems to have a never ending injury.
                                - Thailand played the qualifiers but were qualified from the start for the final tournament as a host??
                                They do, and can, but my point is that they have hardly been core U23 players so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X