No announcement yet.

U23- Games of the XXXII Olympiad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Group G . only Nk advanced. Only one team from this group.
    Group J . only Japan advanced. Only one team from this group.
    Group F . only Uzbekistan advanced. Tajikistan has a chance but should Iran tie today, Iran has a +G Advantage.

Interesting:
    Last Match of Qualification game! Saudi Arabia /UAE game at 8:25.
    They will know if a tie will qualify them both.
    Last edited by St_Mark; 03-26-2019, 07:05 AM.

Comment

Right now MAL is beating CHN.

Also VIE is beating THA.

That's not good for Iran or Iraq.

Also, KSA vs UAE, OMA vs QAT and PAL vs BAH are being played well after
      IRN vs IRQ and SYR vs JOR. All these teams have 6 points and only GD will
      set them apart if they all end up drawing.

IRN has to go for a win.

Comment

Idiotic AFC to not schedule these games all at once.

Comment

I think right now it's fair to say even a draw will be enough for Iran.

for qualification we have to stay higher than 7 2nd-placed teams from other group

this is the possible scenario for all groups in case of a tie between Iran and Iraq, remember Turkmenistan finished 3rd in our group, our result against Yemen doesn't matter anymore. only our 3-1 win matters.

A) Oman and Qatar are both with 6pts. Oman beat both other teams with 1 goal margin. so they won't be higher than Iran in case of a draw
          B) Bangladesh is leading Sri Lanka 2-0 which means both Bahrain and Palestine have +1 GD right now. no problem from this group
          D) this group will be played later and KSA/UAE can get the result they want. don't count on this one
          E) complicated group. depends on which team finishes 3rd. KUW or KGZ. if Kuwait finishes 3rd here we are safe but if KGZ does. a 2-2 draw will get both Syria and Jordan higher than Iran
          F) Tajikistan finishes 2nd with 4pts, +2 GD but with 2 goals scored. our 3-1 result in first match is enough even with a 0-0 draw against Iraq
          G) Singapore with 2pts. no problem
          H) Australia is qualified for sure as one of the best 2nd placed teams.
          I) Myanmar finished 2nd with 3pts and 0 GD.
          J) Malaysia is leading China right now which is a surprise. but doesn't matter even with a draw. Malaysia has only +1 GD.
          K) Vietnam is leading Thailand 1-0. even if Thailand is 2nd they are qualified as host. but if Thailand can score the equalizer in 2nd half. that opens another spot for 2nd placed teams.

so if we draw Iraq. we will be better than 2nd placed teams from groups A, B, F, G, I, J and K which is enough for Iran. so we will qualify 100% in case of a tie. I just hope our team members know this. because if we lose we are 90% out. that's almost impossible to qualify with 3pts.

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post
            Group G . only Nk advanced. Only one team from this group.
            Group J . only Japan advanced. Only one team from this group.
            Group F . only Uzbekistan advanced. Tajikistan has a chance but should Iran tie today, Iran has a +G Advantage.
            Interesting:
            Last Match of Qualification game! Saudi Arabia /UAE game at 8:25.
            They will know if a tie will qualify them both.
            Tajikistan will qualify for sure if Kuwait doesn't lose to Kyrgyzstan which is highly possible. I think it's fair to say Tajikistan is 95% qualified.

Edit: my mistake here, Syria beat both KGZ and KUW 2-0. so that doesn't matter. Tajikistan can qualify only KSA/UAE doesn't end in a draw. specially 1-1 or more.

Comment

Originally posted by Irannn View Post
              I think right now it's fair to say even a draw will be enough for Iran.

for qualification we have to stay higher than 7 2nd-placed teams from other group

this is the possible scenario for all groups in case of a tie between Iran and Iraq, remember Turkmenistan finished 3rd in our group, our result against Yemen doesn't matter anymore. only our 3-1 win matters.

A) Oman and Qatar are both with 6pts. Oman beat both other teams with 1 goal margin. so they won't be higher than Iran in case of a draw
              B) Bangladesh is leading Sri Lanka 2-0 which means both Bahrain and Palestine have +1 GD right now. no problem from this group
              D) this group will be played later and KSA/UAE can get the result they want. don't count on this one
              E) complicated group. depends on which team finishes 3rd. KUW or KGZ. if Kuwait finishes 3rd here we are safe but if KGZ does. a 2-2 draw will get both Syria and Jordan higher than Iran
              F) Tajikistan finishes 2nd with 4pts, +2 GD but with 2 goals scored. our 3-1 result in first match is enough even with a 0-0 draw against Iraq
              G) Singapore with 2pts. no problem
              H) Australia is qualified for sure as one of the best 2nd placed teams.
              I) Myanmar finished 2nd with 3pts and 0 GD.
              J) Malaysia is leading China right now which is a surprise. but doesn't matter even with a draw. Malaysia has only +1 GD.
              K) Vietnam is leading Thailand 1-0. even if Thailand is 2nd they are qualified as host. but if Thailand can score the equalizer in 2nd half. that opens another spot for 2nd placed teams.

so if we draw Iraq. we will be better than 2nd placed teams from groups A, B, F, G, I, J and K which is enough for Iran. so we will qualify 100% in case of a tie. I just hope our team members know this. because if we lose we are 90% out. that's almost impossible to qualify with 3pts.
              Malaysia - Should they win , They advance as a first team but China has a greater than Iran chance with adjusted +5 G( 13-8=5) ahead of Iran ( Iran adjusted is +2) if Iran lose.

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post
                Malaysia - Should they win , They advance as a first team but China has a great chance with adjusted +5 G( 13-8=5) ahead of Iran ( Iran adjusted is +2) if Iran lose.
                the whole scenario was based on Iran drawing Iraq. I know we are 90% out if we lose to Iraq.

Comment

Iran playing well, but can't finish. Good save by the Iraqi keeper.

Comment

good start for Iran. that's the right strategy for now. but if the score is tied after 70 minutes we have to settle for a draw (only if our coaches know that's enough for us)

PS: Iraq is also missing some key players specially that guy Mohannad Ali. it will be great if we can eliminate them today. they will be much more dangerous for the final tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by Irannn View Post
                      good start for Iran. that's the right strategy for now. but if the score is tied after 70 minutes we have to settle for a draw (only if our coaches know that's enough for us)

PS: Iraq is also missing some key players specially that guy Mohannad Ali. it will be great if we can eliminate them today. they will be much more dangerous for the final tournament.
                      Mohannad Ali is apparently injured.
                      I think they also avoided bringing any of their players with paperwork issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                        Mohannad Ali is apparently injured.
                        I think they also avoided bringing any of their players with paperwork issues.
                        He is playing today for Iraq vs. Jordan.

We are missing Younes Delfi, Allahyar and Taha Shariati.

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
                          He is playing today for Iraq vs. Jordan.

We are missing Younes Delfi, Allahyar and Taha Shariati.
                          Very interesting. His paperwork issues were probably unclear as well. Might as well just play him as a senior.

Comment

China and Malaysia tied 2-2 and Vietnam beat Thailand comfortably !

we already have 3 teams with 4pts (Australia, Tajikistan and Malaysia). and I'm sure we will have more. one more team with 4pts means no team with 3pts can qualify at all. so we can say for sure that the loser of Iran-Iraq match will be eliminated. thanks to that last seconds goal vs Turkmenistan. we have GD advantage over other teams in other groups as I explained in details .

Comment

Iran is wasting way too many chances.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                                Idiotic AFC to not schedule these games all at once.
                                Are you surprised? If anything it just makes me laugh by now.
                                www.teammellitalk.com
                                https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeT...KBjpbj8wT8feJg
                                Instagram: @teammellitalk
                                Twitter: Iranian Footy@teammellitalk
                                www.facebook.com/teammellitalk
                                Subscribe on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...8714?mt=2&ls=1

Comment

Working...
                                X