No announcement yet.

U23- Games of the XXXII Olympiad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ghaedi with an open goal but it’s not about that, I think we all know that this team with this coaching even if it advanced it would not go very far in this tournament.

The only positive, although his game dropped a little in the second half, noorafkan should be noticed by few scouts.
    sigpic
    Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Estili looks more like he’s going clubbing in miami than a u23 coach.

Comment

nice, mobarak bashe with all the missed chances, world champs for that matter.

Comment

Positives: we didn't do that bad in this group ending with 1W, 1D and 1L.
          Negatives: everything else, from finishing to coaching staff. Heyf.

Comment

The wait has become 44 years now.

The federation will cry about it for a few days now and say for the next one we will plan early and properly.
            If football remains in the Olympics, in a couple of years they will give it to another 1998 team member to use it as an experimental tool for their coaching experience. I wonder who will be next one. Daei, Golmo, Hashemian, Pashazade, Kia?

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
              We only got ourselves to blame, we missed numerous chances and if any of those was going in, we would have progressed.
              Our players are mentally too weak. They need a mental coach.

Comment

Originally posted by forzatm View Post
                Our players are mentally too weak. They need a mental coach.
                Not only our mentality is weak, but Ghaedi and Allahyar in particular are heavily overrated and need to stop their Primadonna attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by The Realist View Post
                  Ghaedi with an open goal but it’s not about that, I think we all know that this team with this coaching even if it advanced it would not go very far in this tournament.

The only positive, although his game dropped a little in the second half, noorafkan should be noticed by few scouts.
                  I agree. it would be too easy to blame Ghaedi as it in that moment of the game, was not only the last chance but a great chance and the effort was so poor. Haven't seen enough of him to say whether he has any heading ability but judging by his size and the way he tried to execute that, I imagine heading isn't his strong point.

I agree with Omid, he looked like the best player on the pitch for most of the match but did make some mistakes. i do hope he develops. Sadly the players around him were quite poor. I don't mean to pick on players but Ali Shojaei was noticeably dreadful, should have come off long before 70 mins. Sayyadmanesh was very disappointing but I suspect his club situation comes into play there.

My feeling is that it's probably for the best they didn't advance as I don't think they had the ability to go deep and qualify for the Olympics and I think it's best that the inability to qualify from the group highlights the ineptitude of the coaches.

Comment

I thought Noorafkan and the right back Narajian(?) had a very good tournament. We saw what noorafkan can do when playing the more natural midfield position. Didn’t think Allayar was bad. He worked hard and was unlucky not to score twice. Ghaedi had a terrible tournament.

Comment

Everyone told Estili not to use Noorafkan as a CB and waste his skills , alas dumb coach does not understand Noorafkan is more usefull as MF .

No other coach in future will play Noorafkan as a CB.

Comment

Even China U23 was trying to help us to score by quickly taking goalkicks, freekicks, passing us the ball, giving us many corners and yet we still could not score!

This group was the best scenario for us with teams who actually come out to play football and not grassroll, yet this is how it ends...

Comment

Our players have just lost another opportunity to get scouted by European clubs.

Comment

I thought Jabireh was the right substitute but unless injured the coach took the wrong player off, I personally thought MehdiKhani was a better substitute for Jabireh, but these are all incidentals the problems are with the fundamentals!
                            sigpic
                            Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

This team has serious problems scoring goals. How many chances they wasted in the three games is really astonishing. I would have expected much more from Sayyadmanesh, but I think we'll still have 3-4 future TM players of good quality from this team.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
                                This team has serious problems scoring goals. How many chances they wasted in the three games is really astonishing. I would have expected much more from Sayyadmanesh, but I think we'll still have 3-4 future TM players of good quality from this team.

We scored 3 goals all out of set piece.

Comment

Working...
                                X