No announcement yet.

U23- Games of the XXXII Olympiad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our young players better play Yeghol Doghol and go smoke hooka and fix their hairs everyday. That's more important than playing football I guess.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

I just watched the highlights... Loss is due to poor goalkeeping. Two shots by Korea led to two goals and both were totally stoppable. The keeper is from Naft e' Masjed Soleyman in Khuzestan. They are doing poorly in the domestic league. There is a 193 cm goalkeeper from Zob Ahan on the current U-23 roster, why not use him instead? https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meraj_Esmaeili
      sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Wonder if there is figures out there for the amount of money put into Iran youth development against our continental rivals.

I didn’t see the Uzbek game but from what I read on here they would have beaten the holders and one of the favourites If they finished better. Then played a poor first half against Korea but came out in the second half and could have got a draw.

It’s good experience for these younger players to play in these tournaments.

Comment

Originally posted by webmaster View Post
          Our young players better play Yeghol Doghol and go smoke hooka and fix their hairs everyday. That's more important than playing football I guess.
          in general terms I agree with you, but with regards to this teams performance specifically I think it would be unfair to suggest a lack of effort. from what I have seen they really have been giving their max, but bad tactics and even more crucially bad player selection from Estili fucked them.

Comment

Farabbasi was terrible, he is the shortest keeper in the tournament and was at fault of both goals, very amateurish.

If Meraaj was fit, Estili should have been an idiot to start Farabbasi over him!!!

Comment

Maybe it's fate.
              Fate that under IR we shd not reach Olympics.
              On the other hand I can easily see Iran qualify for 2024 Olympics ... rather comfortably.

Now you read between the lines

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                Maybe it's fate.
                Fate that under IR we shd not reach Olympics.
                On the other hand I can easily see Iran qualify for 2024 Olympics ... rather comfortably.
                Now you read between the lines
                🤔🤔🤔
                But I still think it’s possible for Korea to beat the Uzbeks 2-0 and us beating China 2-0 shouldn’t be much of a stretch either but this result would have us through as second and then I can see this team beating either Vietnam or Jordan

Comment

We can beat China but will Korea want to beat Uzbekistan is another issue

Comment

We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

Comment

Hahaha Noorafkan banamak English harf mizad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Iran U23 13:45 China U23
                        Uzbekistan U23
                        13:45 South Korea U23

Comment

Pos. Team GP Pts W D L GF GA +/-
                          1 South Korea U23 2 6 2 0 0 3 1 2
                          2 Uzbekistan U23 2 4 1 1 0 3 1 2
                          3 Iran U23 2 1 0 1 1 2 3 -1
                          4 China U23 2 0 0 0 2 0 3 -3
                          For Iran to advance :
                          1-Iran Must win. Uzbekistan must lose.
                          2-GD in both game combine today need to be +4

As bad as Iran has performed they beat both Uzbekistan and South Korea in second half.
                          Iran could have done better without Goosfands Estili & Peyrovani.

Comment

so we win 2-0 and uzbekistan lose 1-0 we are through correct?

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
                              so we win 2-0 and uzbekistan lose 1-0 we are through correct?
                              Not correct

Difference must be 4 for now. Because everything equal, we have more yellow cards than Uzbeks.
                              Iran yellow : 1+4=5
                              Uzbeks yellow : 1+1=2
                              Last edited by St_Mark; 01-15-2020, 01:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post
                                Iran could have done better without Goosfands Estili & Peyrovani.
                                To spot and state that is easy, answering the question with whom they would have done better instead is the tough part.

Comment

Working...
                                X