U23- Games of the XXXII Olympiad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post
    Uzbekistan two months ago defeat S Korea in Korea and China had chance to score against them. China's LB was awful.and Korean took advantage more than once.
    We have grit and tools to win only if we can use them.
    correct me if I am wrong but in previous matches vs uzbek our team was heavily outplayed. Despite struggling with possession yesterday I can only remember one clear cut chance for Uzbek toward end where defense got stretched. Besides that, even with makeshift back line the defense was solid, and despite shekari having a very poor game and midfield being useless (other than dehghanis combativeness) allahyar, ghaedi, mohebbi were able to link nicely multiple times.

I think a potential solution, although I doubt estili will use, could be moving noorafkan to cdm to help midfield gain some control and keep possession. Taherkhani could replace him as cb next to aghasi. Derkakhhsanmehr imo is a much better footballer than karimzadeh who randomly took LB spot. Technically he actually has quality, can dribble, keep possession under pressure.

I would go with

-----------------------Esmaili-------------

Najaraian---Taherkhani---aghasi----Derakhshanmehr

----------------Dehgani-----Noorafkan---------------

Ghaedi----------------Shekari-----------Mohebbi

------------------------Allahyar-------------------

I would like to see above lineup. Giving some rotation so players are fresh but not too many changes to give some continuity, especially with forward line.

Comment

It's very good line-up , one exception Ghaedi as LW.

I doubt Estili will make that many changes for Korea game. But if we advance he will be forced to use Taherkhani as a CB and utilize Drakhshan mehr. Should we not lose to Korea we can go ways up.

We should have tried this line-up during friendlies.

Comment

It's very good line-up , one exception Ghaedi as LW.

I doubt Estili will make that many changes for Korea game. But if we advance he will be forced to use Taherkhani as a CB and utilize Drakhshan mehr. Should we not lose to Korea we can go ways up.

We should have tried this line-up during friendlies.

I guess he wont do it either, but in terms of number of changes, its not much. 3 players. One of which is probably the teams best player and played entire second half (ghaedi) and derakhshanmehr which is objectively a more experienced, better footballer than this random karimzadeh, plus derakhshanmehr was also solid at u20 WC just a couple years ago. Playing noorafkan in more familiar DM position is more traditional, he has more practice with it anyways and will help the weak midfield a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
          I guess he wont do it either, but in terms of number of changes, its not much. 3 players. One of which is probably the teams best player and played entire second half (ghaedi) and derakhshanmehr which is objectively a more experienced, better footballer than this random karimzadeh, plus derakhshanmehr was also solid at u20 WC just a couple years ago. Playing noorafkan in more familiar DM position is more traditional, he has more practice with it anyways and will help the weak midfield a lot.

Dear , It is hard to know exactly the reason(s) for selection of LB.

For a year it was Razaghpour , Then Moslemipour & Jalali . It was after Majidi selection philosophy changed because he preferred players who play for their clubs.
          Estili followed up with that policy invited Saadat Hardani for RB and Saki, Karimzadeh & Najarian.

Hardani was the first pick for RB until Nekonam played Najarian for RB. Karimzadeh plated for Bushehr as LB.

So many changes suddenly with no drastic improvements.

As for CB , Estili simply is " undefendable". Going to such important qualification with only 2 1/2 CB. if any of them get hurt no other option available.

We past that stage , at this time we wish Estili make correct decision , We can advance.

Comment

This is what a Korean website has published on January 10, 2020.

AFC U-23 Championship Preview: South Korea vs Iran

Previous Meetings

The two sides have only met once prior to Sunday at this level of men's football in 2018's Asian Games, which Korea went on to win by beating Japan in the final. Anticipated to be their toughest fixture of the tournament, Kim Hak-beom led his side to a relatively comfortable victory through goals from Hwang Ui-jo and Lee Seung-woo either side of the break. Neither of those are in the current squad with Hwang playing as an over-age member and Lee one of those European-based players still at their clubs. Their round of 16 defeat of Iran certainly gave Korea confidence to go on and claim the gold medal that gained the squad not only silverware but also military exemption.

The Adversary

Hoping to reach an Olympic Games for the first time since 1976, Iran boss Hamid Estili feels they have a great opportunity to do so due to their preparation. Suggesting that they are in a much better position than ahead of previous tournaments because of the way the fixture calendar has fallen, Iran's management are in no doubts of the difficulty of Group C, which boasts three teams that could realistically make it all the way to the final. Interestingly, Estili opted for 18-year-old Allahyar Sayyadmanesh to lead the line despite having more experienced forwards in his ranks. Based in Turkey, the starlet moved from Pro League giants Esteghal to Fenerbache in 2019.

Former Persepolis boss Estili surprisingly started the Uzbekistan with a 4-4-1-1 formation, perhaps acknowledging the strength of their opponents. Ultimately that approach led them to having just 36% possession, which is an unusual feeling for such a dominant nation on the Asian circuit. Making regular appearances domestically for the first time this season, goal scorer on Thursday Dehghani was the pick of the bunch for Team Melli, one of few with significant minutes under his belt this season. Estili showed that he was not afraid to shuffle the pack making a change at the break against Uzbekistan. Stressing that the substitution was planned ahead of the game, with Mehdi Ghaedi introduced as one of Iran's star players.

What To Watch

Having enjoyed terrific success with Korea's Under 20's last summer, Oh Se-hun led the line once more on the international stage against China. He and Gwangju's Eom Won-sang were arguably the two standout players from Poland's youth World Cup and have both forced their way into Kim's squad. The manager has a direct choice between two similar strikers for the number nine shirt with Anyang's Cho Kyu-sung having enjoyed a breakthrough season in the KLeague 2 netting 14 goals in 2019. Appearing to be on the verge of a move to the top division, Cho will be hoping that rotation is on the mind of the boss. Both forwards are adept at holding the ball up and bringing wingers into play and while Cho has enjoyed the better season domestically, Oh showing that he can perform on the big stage last summer perhaps put him ahead of Cho in the pecking order. Kim Hak-beom's choice of striker on Sunday will go a long way to show how he will approach his team selection heading into latter stages of the tournament should Korea get there, whether rotation will be a feature or he will prefer to stick with a winning side.

Prediction

Substitutes proved their worth in the victory against China with two combining for the dramatic winner. Kim Hak-beom will play what he sees as his strongest side hoping to treat the final game against Uzbekistan as an opportunity to rest certain players. Should Iran lose this, they will be in danger of a shock group stage elimination, so we could be in for one of the games of the tournament even at this early stage. I expect a cagey affair in the first half with both sides evenly matched on paper and pressing for the win late on.

South Korea U-23 1-1 Iran U-23

http://www.kleagueunited.com/2020/01...iew-south.html
            sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

surprised of so many negative remarks here in regards to Shekari's performance...!! way over-blown imo..!
              sure he was/is slow and wasnt running like a khar/amiri trying to press the opposition but he was perhaps our only player who was Calm and Assured in Possession of ball with Uzbek players surrounding him and IMO he did a marvelous job of shielding the ball, moving intelligently W/O the ball and releasing some extremely accurate and well-weighted attacking/through passes right into the path of our wingers like bona fide mature pro MFder ...!
              his performance may not have come across as gheyrati and khar-doie but it was clever and sensible through and through .... he even tracked back often brilliantly and closed-down outlet passing lanes of the uzbeki D and MFdrs simply by intelligent positioning w/o running like a mad/ headless chicken trying hurry them into mistakes...!!
              him, mohebi and seyedmanesh and noorafkan were the primary ones coming across to me as players clearly a class above the rest of their still amateur acting/playing teammates..!

that goozoo that gave up the PK with a stupid reckless challenge (and that after getting booked just 2-5 minutes earlier for another late/stupid tackle that took out the Uzbeki player in MF) Aghassi ??
              and the kid playing LB were the two Omid players that looked way outa their depth at that level and possibly need to be replaced with better quality players for following matches..!!?

ps
              although our kids were lined-up in an somewhat organized manner and all tried to get back and stick to their positioning throughout the match even after some of them would make a run outa position in order to get involve in an attacking/defensive play, otherwise it was hard to discern any sorta of an obvious team tactical playing trait.... i guess expected with the amateur coach on the sideline..! with better finishing we coulda won the match legitimately but the same is true for Uzbeks who missed a couple of close chances..!
              as i expected boys gave it all and hustled hard and we mostly managed a favorable tie final score primarily due to our squad's resolve and hustle factor..!!
              we started the 2nd half great but Fitness became issue as time passed and our possession stats went to shitts as a result and we were somewhat fortunate not to concede a winner to Uzbeks in ladder stages of the game...! also i didnt like Estili standing on the sidelines and barking out orders the whole game long ... it only shows his own inability as a coach and confuse and over-excite our players ..!

good result nonetheless and very respectable performance vs the former champs...! lets hope boys left enough in the tank to come out strong hustle hard as a team once again vs SK tomorrow.. a win tomorrow and we got 1 leg in the next round..!!

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                surprised of so many negative remarks here in regards to Shekari's performance...!! way over-blown imo..!
                sure he was/is slow and wasnt running like a khar/amiri trying to press the opposition but he was perhaps our only player who was Calm and Assured in Possession of ball with Uzbek players surrounding him and IMO he did a marvelous job of shielding the ball, moving intelligently W/O the ball and releasing some extremely accurate and well-weighted attacking/through passes right into the path of our wingers like bona fide mature pro MFder ...!
                his performance may not have come across as gheyrati and khar-doie but it was clever and sensible through and through .... he even tracked back often brilliantly and closed-down outlet passing lanes of the uzbeki D and MFdrs simply by intelligent positioning w/o running like a mad/ headless chicken trying hurry them into mistakes...!!
                him, mohebi and seyedmanesh and noorafkan were the primary ones coming across to me as players clearly a class above the rest of their still amateur acting/playing teammates..!

that goozoo that gave up the PK with a stupid reckless challenge (and that after getting booked just 2-5 minutes earlier for another late/stupid tackle that took out the Uzbeki player in MF) Aghassi ??
                and the kid playing LB were the two Omid players that looked way outa their depth at that level and possibly need to be replaced with better quality players for following matches..!!?

ps
                although our kids were lined-up in an somewhat organized manner and all tried to get back and stick to their positioning throughout the match even after some of them would make a run outa position in order to get involve in an attacking/defensive play, otherwise it was hard to discern any sorta of an obvious team tactical playing trait.... i guess expected with the amateur coach on the sideline..! with better finishing we coulda won the match legitimately but the same is true for Uzbeks who missed a couple of close chances..!
                as i expected boys gave it all and hustled hard and we mostly managed a favorable tie final score primarily due to our squad's resolve and hustle factor..!!
                we started the 2nd half great but Fitness became issue as time passed and our possession stats went to shitts as a result and we were somewhat fortunate not to concede a winner to Uzbeks in ladder stages of the game...! also i didnt like Estili standing on the sidelines and barking out orders the whole game long ... it only shows his own inability as a coach and confuse and over-excite our players ..!

good result nonetheless and very respectable performance vs the former champs...! lets hope boys left enough in the tank to come out strong hustle hard as a team once again vs SK tomorrow.. a win tomorrow and we got 1 leg in the next round..!!
                with shekari I think for me personally I expect more from him, because I watched him so closely at u20 WC. Peirovani is not a genius coach either and that team actually lacked talent as well, but shekari absolutely ran matches vs costa rica (assist), zambia (2 goals), portugal (goal) and those three opponents could only deal with him by fouling which relieved pressure on our defense. Even in russia, in his limited mins he seemed to be improving a lot physically an in terms of decision making and learning when to dribble.

Last 6 months in tractor have been biggest waste of time ever. He is key for this team, but needs a better DM behind him like noorafkan to get him some balls and service so he can connect in offensive third. Using our best deep mid (noorafkan) as a CB (although he was solid there) is really killing this teams buildup play and shekaris potential influence.

Comment

You guys are too harsh on Shekari. The guy is super skillful. Only problem is he hasn’t played in game in forever. I don’t know what the issue is with him at Traktor. But he needs to be somewhere where he is getting regular playing time.

Comment

We could have won this game but due to lack of confidence and concentration that didn't happen. It is the job of the coach to make sure of that, but I don't expect that from Stilli. However I have fate in our U23 kids and I believe they will do better against South Korea. Not to forget, that the political events of the last week could have effected their performance too. But things seem to be much calmer this time and hope they play better and get a win. One more positive issue is that South Koreans are afraid our team Milli and play nervously against us and we should take full advantage of that. Go Iran

Comment

Originally posted by PEJ View Post
                      You guys are too harsh on Shekari. The guy is super skillful. Only problem is he hasn’t played in game in forever. I don’t know what the issue is with him at Traktor. But he needs to be somewhere where he is getting regular playing time.
                      He is the perfect replacement for Shojaei. If Masoud hangs them up at the end of this season.
                      "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
                        He is the perfect replacement for Shojaei. If Masoud hangs them up at the end of this season.
                        masoud wont hang them up unless he loses a leg. Vel kon nist yaroo

Comment

12/1/2020

Iran U23
                          V South Korea U23

13:45

Comment

12/1/2020

Iran U23
                            V South Korea U23

13:45
                            Don’t leave it to ifs and buts, A Must-Win game.

Stern test of resolve beyond tactics, opposition and a footballing game. With all that is happening in the country, these youngsters have an important task to maintain focus.

The nation continue to be behind them as they are beacon of hope.
                            sigpic
                            Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

2-0 Korea , 1-1 against China. Estili will resign and blame lack of preparations lol Remember my post. Now watch

Comment

Originally posted by MR.ESTESNAII View Post
                                2-0 Korea , 1-1 against China. Estili will resign and blame lack of preparations lol Remember my post. Now watch
                                Yes, Koreans have much better history at this level but just curious!! Will you put your doodool on the line here too if we beat them? just like old times. If our fans are like you, then of course we should not have a chance at all. Teams without fans usually don't make it but people without doodools somehow do.
                                __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
                                We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

Working...
                                X